How many times have you seen other men wear heels in public?

The Shark

Got a quick question for all of you: I've been enjoying a lot of your stories, especially the ones about wearing your heels in public. Since I joined this site, I started keeping my eyes open to see if any other guys out there are wearing heels. So far I haven't seen any guys yet out there in heels. Not even any 2" chunky heel shoes, boots or clogs. How about the rest of you? How often do you happen to see other guys in heels? I'm hoping to see this trend of men in heels continue to grow, but (at least where I live) it's not looking too promising.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shark. I am one who wears 5 3/4" high heels on a single sole shoe, in public when ever I go out. Store-gas station- barber shop -bank-etc. I am the only one I know who does it. I haven't seen anyone else do it in all my years. Guess I am an exception. spikesmike. 9-15-2010

The closest I've come was a couple of months ago in a Mall. I always like the check out the shoes in Aldo. When I entered, there was this guy comparing heel heights of various stilettos by standing the shoes next to one another. Although he wasn't wearing any nor did he ask to try any on, I was fascinated to find someone doing the same thing I like to do in an Aldo. He walked out, so I followed him to another store where he did the same thing. I told myself, if he did it in another store, that I would approach him to discuss our mutual interests. I thought he was heading to Macy's shoe dept. so I took an alternate route to the shoe dept. When I got there, he was nowhere to be seen. I still kick myself for not approaching him at the second store. I'm sure we would have had many things in common.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

In Warsaw's metro I spotted a young guy wearing these UGG boots with no heel but all the girls around were staring at him and almost laughing out of him. I think that the central European countries still treat such people as a typical bunch of faggots or even pedophiles. There is still a lot of things to be done here because the mentality is still from XIX century...

Never - - not even on Halloween. It's even rare to see a guy in a western riding heeled cowboy boot. I've been told that there are some guys who do buy/wear stiletto's in the area, but I have never seen a guy in the womens shoe department of any store comparing shoes. Some days I feel like the freak when I'm in a thrift store or an 'exotic boutique' looking for that special size 10. One sales associate at an adult boutique always has something for me to try on.

I haven't yet. I'm not really looking either. Like its been said before, people are pretty much just going about their business anyway without paying that much attention to those around them. That's what I am usually doing.

I have had some brief opportunities to see guys in high heels, but like many of you it was in the course of going about my business. I was needing to buy some groceries late one evening and saw a guy coming out of the store. He got into his car and was leaving before I could adequately approach him to talk or even convey a greeting. I have also had a couple of other sightings or glimpses of heelers at other times while trying to get somewhere, which has reenforced my perspective that there are alot of men who are secretive about their heeling activities. Perhaps, by seeing my heeling activities, others will become open in their desire to heel. At least, they'll be able to say they have seen a guy wearing heels and not feel so alone.

In Warsaw's metro I spotted a young guy wearing these UGG boots with no heel but all the girls around were staring at him and almost laughing out of him. I think that the central European countries still treat such people as a typical bunch of faggots or even pedophiles.

There is still a lot of things to be done here because the mentality is still from XIX century...

These UGG boots are sold for men too, i've seen them in mens department.

Happy Heeling :)

k6ps

Several times. But then again, I live in New York City. The most recent time was Saturday night on the subway, A tall thin guy was going to a party with a few friends and had on fashionable black wedges skinny leather jeans and a black leather jacket. He looked great. Three times in the last month and change or so I've seen different guys in my neighborhood wearing pumps or wedges with otherwise masculine ensembles. It made me wish I too was wearing heels at the time. Lastly, about three weeks ago in Whole Foods Union Square, I saw someone wearing a great looking pair of heels and when I caught up to them to ask about them, I realized the wearer was a guy (his long hair was cut into a bob), and when I asked he brightened, assuming that I wanted to get a pair too. We were both in a rush and parted but it was a great encounter. -MJ

Except cross dressers I saw only one heeled man in France. That was approx 8 years ago.

I know from a French forum that there's another heeled man that lives near my town but we never have met yet.

Hello ,

Could be nice if you give us this French forum link .

Story time no BS ,wentTGT, store changing shelves to eye level, thift protection, the hispanic clerk says, all shoes not out what size please let me know...... I did bought new 4' high knee high on sale 49;99 ... caught me off guard i was in male mode except for knee highs pictures to follow gift cards this wek $150.00 Heaven

If cross dressers count then two, if not then none. My daughters though have seen several their age (16-20) and go to school with them so there is hope for us.

T&H

Now, this is interesting. Are these kids boys? What style of girls shoes are they wearing? And, last but not least, how do their classmates respond to these guys wearing girls shoes?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Aside from seeing plenty of guys wearing "normal" cowboy boots with around 2" heels, I've never seen a guy wearing anything higher... If I ever do happen across a guy in heels, I'll definatly be forthcoming with a complement...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I still believe that what is needed is for guys to petition the shoe companies to start making more men's shoes with heels. I think that there's a lot of men out there that would enjoy wearing heels - but won't do it because it means having to buy and wear womens' shoes. As much as I enjoy wearing my platform pumps around the house, I don't think that at this time I would wear them in public. I would probably only be comfortable wearing women's boots or shoes that had a chunkier heel & at first glance would look like men's shoes. I just hate the idea that to get these shoes, that I have to go into a store and browse through the women's section to get them. What I would love to see are more men's shoes & boots with either Cuban heels, or perhaps a chunky higher heel (3" or more). As I've said, there are womens' shoes out there that are basically mens' oxford dress shoes with a heel. I think if we saw more things like this available for guys, that it would be a good start to getting heels accepted for men. I would bet that if I went in to the men's section at a shoe store and saw men's shoes with heels, that you would see more guys buying & wearing them. I know that I would buy them, as would a lot of you on this board. Then over time, the sight of men wearing stiletto heels and more feminine shoes (pumps, etc.) will become more common and nobody will think much of it. That's just my opinion - not sure if anyone else feels the same. I just feel that seeing a lot of these fashion photos of very feminine-looking guys wearing womens' shoes does nothing to help the men in heels "movement". As a better example - there's a picture floating around out there of Robert Downey Jr. walking in some high heeled men's shoes - we need to see more things like that.

Over the past few years I have seen a few instances of guys wearing heels as guys: - I saw a guy in chunky-soled loafers wakling down the street, this was parbably around 2007. I was across the street waiting for a bus and what caught my eye was the awkwardness of his walk, after that, I noticed that his pants were too tight for his waist, he didn't tuck his shirt in and his gut was hanging out from the tightness of his pants. I'm not sure what his thought process was in getting dressed, but it was pretty much a disaster. Not very many second looks back in his direction from other pedestrians, though. - Last winter I was getting a haircut, and while I was checking out and paying there was a guy at the next register down from me who was in jeans, a pastel shirt, a hoodie and round-toe shoes with what looked like a 2.5in - 3in heel. I had my Frye Harness boots tucked into my jeans that day and I think I caught his attention first...he kept staring at me but didn't say anything. On my way out I nodded and smiled and was on my way out. I guess the hair shop people say that guy is kind of a diva, but he did have a reasonable sense of style to pull the look off. - This probably doesn't qualify as a heel sighting, but about two weeks ago I saw a shoe store employee, that was a guy, who was wearing tall shaft, flat, ruched suede boots tucked into his jeans. He wasn't dressed flashy, and seemed comfortable working with the other customers, male and female, in the store. I was working with the shop girl as I was looking for a specific type of dress shoe. I live in a college town, maybe that has some influence in my sightings?

Not too often i guess and try to remember. It was mostly at gothic parties, were you see lots of men in skirts and also heels. Other occasions were fetish parties, with men in full latex catsuit and high heels. In my life beside fancy parties a.s.o. i've never seen a guy in heels on the street.

@Histiletto: Perhaps was it me you saw? :) I try my very best to wear my heels out and about as often as I can (few times a week), but alas, I dont ever see any other guys in heels, except for the occasional cowboy boot here in the state of Utah.

@Histiletto: Perhaps was it me you saw? :)

I try my very best to wear my heels out and about as often as I can (few times a week), but alas, I dont ever see any other guys in heels, except for the occasional cowboy boot here in the state of Utah.

I suppose it could be possible! I can't verify either way, but it was certainly a lift to me that night knowing another heeler was publicly active in the same area. Either way, thanks for heeling out there.

• 1 month later...

I saw my first last night in, of all places, a bowling alley. I was at my usual league and about half way through the night, I noticed a group of about five younger (maybe early 20's) guys walk in. All had an "arty" look in terms of clothing, hair, etc., and in particular one had a quite odd hair style. Didn't pay much further attention until I glanced again and noticed one guy walking away from me and his light colored footware caught my eye. He was wearing a pair of beige boots with about a 3" slim heel, completely exposed. Now we are talking about a bowling alley packed full of men, mostly blue collar types. So this guy, in my opinion, was quite brave (actually, they all looked a bit out of place there!). He walked quite a way down to the counter and then turned back and left the building. While I can't say I was crazy about his look, I give him a ton of credit for his choice of footwear!