Trade Shows and Conventions

ilook4fun

As a high heel enthusiast and admirer, I have to say that I am quite impressed with the serious high heel wearing at this year's IMTS show in Chicago going on this week with the various models. At all of the entrances to each of the 4 main halls at the McCormick Place there were strategically placed models wearing very high heels along with very tight skirts. They each had to stand virtually in the same place from 9AM until 1PM. This had to have been difficult with 4+ inch heels on and I almost felt sorry for them. Now, I'm looking forward to my next trade show and/or convention! From a high heel wearing perspective, what does everyone else think about trade shows and conventions?

Haven't been to a real convention in years, so to hear that IMTS had ladies in heels at the doors is quite a surprise given the convention itself. I have to assume it was the convention hall that these ladies worked for.

Intrrnational Machine Tool Show. We have a booth here. There are quite a few ladies with great shoes. Even during the cab ride in through down town Chicago there were quite a few ladies on the streets with great shoes.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Thanks AZ, Now I've been "educated." ha ha... But I know what you mean, I was at the SemiCon show in Frisco a few months back, and there were a lot of gals in really cute shoes there too!! No guys tho, except for me - but I wimped out and wore flat fem (of course!) sandals - too much walking..... Thanks for the answer... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Ilook4fun, it was quite interesting seeing your post when I was at the show. If you were in the west building of the show then you might have passed right by our booth. We could have been within just a few feet of another guy that wears high heels. I have read a statistic that a low estimate of the number of men that wear high heels is 1 to 2 percent. They are expecting 100,000 people to attend IMTS approximately 85% of which are men. That means that there could have been around 1250 guys in that show who also wear high heels. I was just pondering this while hanging out in our booth in between meeting customers and the like. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

There are many occupations where one can look around and see alot of heelers at any given time. However, I haven't been privileged to have such an elite position. Drats! May be I should change my activity schedule to include such outings once in a while, but it usually means having the funds to support such a venture. Oh Well! Having cake and eating it too can still happen, I understand.

If anyone is interested there is the A.E.E. convention in Las Vegas , Navada this comming Jan. 8 & 9-2011 . I am still pondering about going myself. I'll know as time draws near. Lots of girls wearing high heels there. Mike.

AEE being what??

It has been my experience when attending conventions, trade shows, exhibitions, etc., that manufacturers or retailers displaying their wares and trying to attract the most attention that they can, often use good looking women, very well dressed wearing extra high heels. I attended a symposium in Atlanta last month and more than one of the exhibitors had at least two very attractive women wearing stylish sun dresses, wearing "strappy" sandals with heels that were at least 6" high, demonstrating the features and usefulness of their product. Sure got my attention and, after watching these lovelies walk around the booths for a few minutes, I actually took the time to see what their product was all about.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.