Where to buy in the UK with resonably Discreet delivery.

dishlem

Hi All, So its time to make my first foray into buying a pair of heels. Not quite being ready to take the plunge and actually go to a store to buy some i've been looking around online. I've stumbled accross the obvious places and i'm fairly confident about buying. But i've hit another hurdle thinking about how they package their deliveries. I currently live with a few other people so I wouldn't be able to guarantee that i'm the one that gets the package and I'd rather not have to explain an arrival with bigshoeboutique plastered all over it (at least not yet). Does anyone know how bigshoeboutique or any other 'big' online retailer package their stuff? Or of anywhere that will/does package discreetly? I'm not concerned about the billing name on my card. Just how it arrives at my house! Thanks in advance. Dishlem

I don,t buy shoes online from any retailer for this very reason. What I do now is buy from Ebay. At first I had the package delivered as normal by the royal mail but not as I buying more and more heels now and don,t want to have to explain whats in the parcel to my family I go and pick the parcel up from the sorting office. All you need to do is fill in a form and royal mail will keep hold of the parcel and allow you to pick it up.

You might consider stores that you can order from online, and just pickup the item at a local store. Besides discretion in ordering, you'd want to consider how you'd return a pair that doesn't fit well, or you just aren't happy with. A lot of ebay purchases might be "all sales final". You might also be able to explain any "women's purchases" as "holiday shopping". Particularly when the stores start to get more crowded, sales people probably won't care that a guy is buying women's shoes.

Iv'e recently bought heels from "Adults Only Club" Packaging was very thick brown paper, and boxed, and only senders address on package. Also, "Wear If U Dare" have sent me heels in a thick plain grey plastic cover over the shoebox, again with only a return addy on the cover. (Both of these accept Paypal if you don't want it on your bank statement) If you live in the north, you could go to, "Alternative Footwear" who are in Ramsbottom (near Bury in Lancashire), they have a warehouse showroom and do mail order too. Just google the names for their websites I've now bought three pairs of heels, two pumps and some Mary Jane platforms recently and can say it was this site which finally made me get the courage to buy some heels for myself !! Get some bought mate, you'll enjoy the experience, (I certainly do !)

Hi All,

So its time to make my first foray into buying a pair of heels. Not quite being ready to take the plunge and actually go to a store to buy some i've been looking around online. I've stumbled accross the obvious places and i'm fairly confident about buying. But i've hit another hurdle thinking about how they package their deliveries. I currently live with a few other people so I wouldn't be able to guarantee that i'm the one that gets the package and I'd rather not have to explain an arrival with bigshoeboutique plastered all over it (at least not yet). Does anyone know how bigshoeboutique or any other 'big' online retailer package their stuff? Or of anywhere that will/does package discreetly? I'm not concerned about the billing name on my card. Just how it arrives at my house!

Thanks in advance.

Dishlem

Just an idea, why not call them and ask?

So far, to date, the ONLY retailers I've come across who DO label their packaging are:

amazon.co.uk // play.com // next.co.uk

I've yet to encounter a shoe store that does, although some might put a discreet "If undelivered, return to" label, but surely the easiest thing is to simply give them a call and ask.

If they use a courier like citylink, chances are, it goes into one of those impossibly tough citylink plastic bags that require some sort of blow-torch to bust them open with.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hey,

Thanks for all the advice so far guys, much appreciated. Definetly making me feel more and more comfortable with the idea of getting a pair from somewhere! I've tried to reply to everyone below, if i miss you apologies!

@LovesHiHeels Ebay is definetly an option, though the choice there is a bit overwhelming. I'll certainly be taking a closer look.

@jwhite44 Thats not a bad idea. 'I'm collecting this for my sister!' Although i'm not too fussed about all sales being final as i'm not planning on spending too much on my first foray. If they don't fit they'll be going to a charity shop (or someone here might want them!)

@sendra45 I'm in London, not quite willing to go more specific at this point. Any Londoners about?

@ImInHeels Thanks for the advice, i'll take a look!

@Womer_uk Sady not up north, but I will take a look at the sites you've suggested. I am quite looking forward to getting my hands on something!

@Tech Good advice, if I find a really good pair i'll be sure to call. Amazon and play can easily be squared away as 'oh yeah, new xbox game, they always do send it in such big packaging' (as an aside, why do they always do that... especially amazon!). I had looked at amazon actually and their selection seems limited, and provided by third parties, but its always an option. I actually lol'd at the blow-torch packaging at city link. So true!

Thanks again for all your advice so far. I'm sure i'll be back once I pluck up the courage, and i'll let you know how it shows up when I do!

I'm in North London. No problem having stuff delivered here and would be happy to meet you.

And having met at9 I am willing to vouch for him, he has sat in my living room and had a cup of tea once. He is a safe pair of hands.

The angels have the phonebox.

If you live in the north, you could go to, "Alternative Footwear" who are in Ramsbottom (near Bury in Lancashire), they have a warehouse showroom and do mail order too.

I can vouch for Alternative Footwear - very friendly service and very plain packaging. Just as well since I had to pick my first pair of heels up from the local Post Office. :)

He is a safe pair of hands.

In an HH forum shouldn't that be a safe pair of feet:smile:

Dishlem, if you are size UK9 and not too far away you can see and try some of my pairs of HH before you decide what sort of things to buy. I can't claim a huge collection but it may give you some inspiration.

This is just the thread I've always wanted to post but never thought I would get any replies!! I am in the same boat as the OP, I haven't left home yet and need to ensure any packaging is discreet before I order. eBay is good for discreet packaging, I always leave a note to the seller via Paypal saying "this item is a gift for someone I live with, would you be able to package it discreetly?" This has worked everytime, apart from those that send the shoes in a bag, but even though I can feel the heels in them, for someone who has no idea whats inside, they can't always guess straight away. Can I ask that we all post pictures of the packaging we've received our shoes in from online retailers? That way we can decide ourselves if it's worth the risk of being found out or not. I would like to see the Amazon.co.uk packaging, because if it's just Amazon branding, that's fine, but if it says Amazon Apparel or Shoes/women's shoes then that's a big no go for me! I have attached pictures of the Office.co.uk and Next.co.uk packaging, they are fairly safe as it doesn't show that what's inside is women's and their shoes always come in boxes. So if you don't mind people knowing you are buying clothing then this is fine, but if you have people like those I live with that are likely to ask you to show them what you've bought, you might want to reconsider.

post-13470-133522924136_thumb.jpg

post-13470-133522924141_thumb.jpg

Evans online is fairly discrete, grey plastic bag, the label is marked Arcadia (the parent company). Choice is maybe not big or ultra fashionable...but getting better. Priceless / Barratts is a no no the boxes have markings all over them thats a dead giveaway.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Is that the optional upgrade from just plain packaging, you can upgrade to VERY plain packaging? lol :)

Yeah, I had to pay extra for that. :)

Seriously, they came in a standard Parcel Force bag containing a plain white box. The bag's label had "From: AF UK Limited" and their address and that's it!

I was nervous when I went to collect them, being my first pair and all, but it turned out to be plain packaging and not a problem at all.

Heh, do the stores in the UK put neon flashy lights on their packages that state "High heel shoes for a guy enclosed! DANGER DANGER!" or what? >.< Maybe its just me but I'm getting bolder with my heel wearing in general so I don't care much if people know that I am getting womens shoes/boots. I guess we can create a gallery of packaging for our shoes. But to be honest pictures of cardboard boxes is mad boring.