What do you wear inside your HH Boots

Heelster

Looking to buy a pair of boot, and realized today that all the HH shoes I have were purchased with either bare feet or some nylon/stocking foot covering.

Over the years, I have always worn white socks inside western style boots from the mens department, but with the limited styles available in most shoe stores, I will be looking at the womens departments for my next set of boots. Tried on a pair of Dingo 522 in a womens size 10, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable these were.

http://www.shoeshow.com/Dingo-522-P14070C4.aspx?imgbase=732767

I'm waiting for all the new boots to show up in all the stores within the next couple weeks, but wondered what most people wear inside their womens style boots, and why. When I tried on the Dingo's, it was with those "try on sock/nylons" and the fit was perfect. Granted, they may not be that high of a heel, but these will pass as mens boots for most folks who know me. They have seen me in western riding and tapered heels for years. I would love to go to a 3 1/2" to 4" heel in a similar styling, but that might cause to much of a social problem right now. Stiletto's are out at this point.

well, it all depends on what particular style of boot I'm wearing. my blade heel NINE WEST boots (when I still do wear them one in a great while) I'll wear thicker white socks, but with my avitar (the black demonias) I always need to wear thin hose cause of how they fit.

I'd say it depends on the typ of shoe as demoniaplatforms said. In my DocMartins combat boots i'd rather not wear stockings, cause then i'd have a bunch of blisters for shure ... with western boots i have no experience at all, but would guess it's the same. For not so "rough" boots i'd wear what fits best, either thin socks or knee stockings.

For most of my boot wearing I have hosiery on , knee highs in opaque colors or pantyhose. As mention I think it helps with no blistering for long hours in the boots. Plus it feels a lot better than cotton or thicker socks rolling or heating up.

Depending on how the fit is depends on what is most comfortable, you will establish what is best for each boot style/manufacturer. Oh and have you picked up that individual manufacturers do not accurately stay perfect to their sizing, style (a) perfect whilst style (:) (same height) may be tight or looser. average socks for one, thin for the next, 50 denier or 20 etc etc and that's without finding out that one foot is slightly smaller or a shoe is. Enjoy the experimentation Al

I wear knee-high or thigh-high pantyhose most days with ankle boots or pumps. Otherwise perhaps a trouser sock with knee-high boots and bare feet with most wedge-heel sandals. It is always a good idea to wear pantyhose when you're shopping for shoes...it's just more comfortable and you can try on many pairs quickly and easily. HappyinHeels

Always sheer pantyhose, opaque tights, stockings or knee highs.

www.comfilon.com

has lots of different offerings for men's sizes and anatomy.

In the interest of full disclosure, my wife and I own the company. This is not an advertisement, but a service to the men on this board, to let them know that legwear made for their size and shape exists, is reasonably priced, and is readily available. We ship all over the world.

Steve

So question, what does everyone wear for boots that are too wide around your calves? Or do you just let the tops of the boots flop about? Really thick socks? Leg warmers all scrunchied up? <insert your method here> I'm curious, as 15" circumference boots while easy to find, are just a skosh too wide for my chicken leg calves.

I'm curious, as 15" circumference boots while easy

to find, are just a skosh too wide for my chicken leg calves.

What about stretch boots ?

I don't know what size you wear but if you are size 11 or less

Did you ever try to buy boots made for younger women ?

These boots generally got a smaller shaft diameter ...

What about stretch boots ?

I don't know what size you wear but if you are size 11 or less

Did you ever try to buy boots made for younger women ?

These boots generally got a smaller shaft diameter ...

Not a huge fan of stretch boots. Normally between 9-11 depending on where its from. 9's fit lengthwise easy, but the toe box normally makes it feel like there is a vice compressing the tops of my toes. Any recommendations on brands for stretch boots? Thinking its more the faux leather never struck me as very comfortable.

Or I could just work on making giganto calves with some targeted weight exercise.

Any recommendations on brands for stretch boots?

Thinking its more the faux leather never struck me as very comfortable.

Please take a look at the private message I just sent you...

Or I could just work on making giganto calves with some targeted weight exercise.

Hmmm... Not sure about this idea...:)

Sometime I wish I would have my calves just a little bit smaller...