1940 event

Heels4me

I often attend 1940s events dressed in the fashion, and love looking the part, with my hubby dressed as a Spiv, selling stocking etc from his case. Have made some really good friends at these events, so if you know of any please drop me a line, come and see a real 1940 model :)

I can't speak for up north, but there are a few things going on around London which would probably be of interest. Are you often in the London area? If so, I'll gather my resources for you :) I'm more of a late 40s, 50s gal personally. The sort of style that gave fabric rationing a middle finger salute.

Sounds interesting to me at least and also heard of that style in events/parties in the London area. Don't think that here in Austria/Germany are any ... 40/50s are not a time to bring back to life here ... strange touch, cause of the fascist regime. Maybe one needs to fly over to England to join such a party.

• 2 months later...

Sounds interesting to me at least and also heard of that style in events/parties in the London area. Don't think that here in Austria/Germany are any ... 40/50s are not a time to bring back to life here ... strange touch, cause of the fascist regime. Maybe one needs to fly over to England to join such a party.

There are some events.

If you are interested in this time try www.return2style.de

They also have a forum where you can find hint sto such events or parties.

There are some events.

If you are interested in this time try www.return2style.de

They also have a forum where you can find hint sto such events or parties.

Would be great to ask them if they could put a link to hhplace.org on their website links, but I dont speak German, so cant figure who to contact... :)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I often attend 1940s events dressed in the fashion, and love looking the part, with my hubby dressed as a Spiv, selling stocking etc from his case.

Have made some really good friends at these events, so if you know of any please drop me a line, come and see a real 1940 model :)

That sort of event is quite commonly organised in conjunction with vintage transport and/or wartime re-enactments. Most of the preserved railways hold such events annually and they can indeed be great fun. Some years ago, I went to one at the tramway museum in Crich, Derbyshire and it was really enjoyable, with people in 1940s outfits or uniforms and demonstrations of the Lindy Hop etc.

It is a different way of having a fancy dress party or dance too and can appeal to all ages. A novelty for the young and nostalgic for the old. It is surprising what vintage costumes are found in the attic and given a new airing!

I think that the 'Goodwood Revival' (mentioned above) is really all about cars and fashions of c1960 (stilettos included, naturally). A different era but equally enjoyable.