High heel sneaker boots. Size 12 street boots for guys!

loveheel

All the funkier stores around here are starting to carry shoes and boots that are a hybrid of a high heel shoe and a sneaker (trainers for the UK folks ?) According to what I have seen from customers in the store they seem to be the newest rage and are selling like hotcakes. What do people on this board think about this new style ? They make take some getting used to (we don't think about crossing a sneaker with a HH), but they could be a style that works well for guys. In particular the ones with the thicker heels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't like them. There's a "Frankenstein-ish" quality to them. And I don't mean Frankenstein's shoes, I mean the monster himself - an unholy hybrid of mismatched parts that never should have existed.

"No matter what they say"

Payless website lists (among others) the bottom pair, and a J-Lo clone, unfortunately only up to size 11 US. :x

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I quite like these, actually. I like the Converse-style ones the best, although I'm not going to rush out and buy any of them just at the minute. I'd like something that looks a little more like an ordinary trainer, personally. I like them because they're really different, and quite subtle as well. It's the same appeal as my J Lo's, tweaking that whole work boot thing. I'll wait and see what happens if they turn up here!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I like them, though the ones in pink and white would not suit my style.

Certainly a rugged type with say mountain boot style striped laces, black/blue with perhaps a 4" heel I would definitely buy and wear everywhere. If they are in the states they are going to be here soon. Something to look out for this autumn.

Posted Image

OK Guys. This style called "Tommahawk" goes up to size 11. But they say the style runs a size large so it doesn't rule you size 12 guys out. All sizes are US womens. At $79 there's no excuses and if you don't like the white, you can always dye them black. It's a 4 inch heel. probably bigger in the large size.

Check out http://www.bakersshoes.com/

If you died them black here's how they might look

Posted Image

...If you died them black here's how they might look...

They do them with blue detailing as well, which looks quite nice. On the other hand, I'd wear the white ones with pale jeans and a white polo shirt.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I saw that Faith and New Look, among others, already started stocking some hybrid shoes, including some that remind me of football or bowling shoes with stiletto heels. I don't like them all that much.

I'd like to see how this style develops before I pass further judgement. The opportunity is always there to customise the look of a pair by dye or adding mountain boot laces. There's a sizeable mindset around that will primarily only accept the style of classic stiletto pumps/courts with thin heels. That's often based on what turns people on, which is fair enough as far as it goes, but there are many other considerations when selecting footwear for various clothes and purposes.

I agree with Firefox. I normally like the fairly classic HH boots. The stuff that would look classy. But I think these new styles could also be a real opportunity to wear high heels in an evironment and with clothes that we would otherwise not do so. Some newer shoes styles may take a while to get adopted. I was not keen on Mary Janes when they first reappeared on the fashion seen a few years ago, but now I have been dying to get a pair with high heels that fits me.

At first look, I didn't like these, but reading the discussion, and looing back a few times, I have to sy they grew on me. big question, would I wear them, a definite maybe, prolly a yes if given a push. There, firmly on the fence again.....

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Made out of leather to, dye them black wear long pants and no one will notice. :lol: But they might not fit me. :lol: Going to have to wait for the clones to come out.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

i've seen high(ish) heel doc martens, and i must admit i was very tempted :lol: Sadly, I hadn't come to terms with myself at the time yet, and so i didn't buy them :'(

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with high heel wellies! :lol:

Wait no more - Patrick Cox has already done them (no longer available though :-() and there was also a style called 'Liza' (possibly made by Nokia, before they got into phones)

Emma

Oops, they are fashionable again :lol: Three years ago I bought my very first 5''-platform boots from Fantasy Shoes. Look at this pic

Posted Image

I must have been a prophet of stylish fashion :lol: Recently I have only seen flat heelless boxer and wrestler boots in the shops.

Loveheels, I like the most the red Converse style boots and those ones with Adidas stripes. I think, these boots could be with a little bit more blocky heels a common acceptable fashion for ALL guys. Not only for guys like me and many of you, who love to wear (female?) stilettos :lol:

nice greetings

micha

Still a post scriptum @FireFox: Isn't it a suitable style for you? My impression is that you prefer shoes with a male look (btw: me too as daily footwear).

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find these shoes (especially the second and third shown in the first message) within the US? I would be interested in getting a pair and I think my wife would be ok with me wearing these in public. She might even be interested in a pair :lol: Thanks, Scotty

I have to agree with people, these could be an opening. Generally unheeled, im quite a sporty dress person i.e. with trainers etc, so these would do great to be the same and be 'heeled' at the same time. However ill stick to my guns and still think that the ones with the point tow and a billion laces look like a high heel wrestling boot. not my cup of tea :lol: