Dumb comments said about High heels

What I've heard: "high heels, are another way men try to control women" "high heels are for tramps, sluts, and bimbos, etc" "high heels are a modern version of Chinese foot binding" Well this is all that I can think of so far.

Power to the Humantiy Liberation Front! Free the sheep from the clutches of oppressive society and ignorance. Smash through the barriers, bring the light of truth and individuality to the world! Unite, open minded people, and let us bring our mighty army down upon those who would destroy our freedom to choose! Let's start with credit card companies and advertising agencies. Oh, and Podiatrists, yes, we must visit them...

I don't believe a word of it! Nice one laurie, couldn't have put it better myself :smile: ps. I thought high heels were invented by men for men! Now who were they trying to control... ?

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Not surprisingly, I get the "How can you walk in those?" comment. Sometimes I respond "do I look like I'm struggling", B) invariably the answer is no if I get a response. After 20 years of wearing nothing but HH in the main its pretty easy to walk. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

"A man that enjoys seeing a lady in high heels also enjoys it when a lady suffers since hiheels tend to hurt a woman's feet" A girl I was dating believe this to be true. I think one of her college professors actually made the quote. Anyway, I no longer date her! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Some people live in dark little voids. Now we all have our own void, but the difference is that some of us live in it, some live around it, and run in quite easily, and some fight to never have to go inside, even if there happens to be a lot in the way of bad memories in there. In other words, ignorance vs. enlightened. You know how it goes, if you pretend hard enough that it does not exist, maybe it will go away? So even if you are wearing heels, these people will deny that it ever happened, for fear that the carefully woven social ideal they have on the wall of their little voide cave will unravel. Awwww, such a shame, reality came along and stuck it's heeled boot in the door. :smile: I am almost ready to move up, by the way.

Oh I had a stupid one today. "you've really raised the bar". Could mean anything, but they were looking at my heels when they said it. It was quite funny actually. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I get ones like "Doesn't it hurt to walk in those?" (If it did, I probably wouldn't be doing it), and "How can you walk in those?" (practice, practice, and more practice). I think the more you practice, and like has been posted so many times, the more you train, the higher you can go! I hope to be constantly in 4-5" heels soon...someday.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I always feel great when I hear girls or women comment: I wish I could walk with such heels on cobblestones like you do with such ease.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I've heard a rumour that most men only wear flat, uninspiring shoes and that only women wear anything sexy, can anyone substantiate this?

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

• 2 weeks later...

The best comment I've heard when talking about heels is, "They're not meant to be walked in." Usually followed by a nervous laughter from those with the heel desires still suppresed. Although I've been known to enjoy the heels in a horizontal position. :smile: That aside, I support heels in whatever situation people like them. "People are strange, when you're a stranger." - Doors - when considered, that's deep man, really deep Working my way up, HeelDog

I used to have someone ask me if I walked home in "those" when I was only a three inch heel girl. She was quite surprised about my choice of footwear. Now, everyone knows me for it, and no one cares. It is all about having people learn to understand over time, and then the dumb comments disappear.

• 1 month later...

oh yeah the old "men dont wear high heels" is so moronic, you see thats why it IS refered to as "sheep" in the so-called fold of comformity!!! (in regaurds to men not having the guts to even THINK about those style on them much less to WEAR them heaven forbid!

People are slaves to the ideas of a very small minority with money and the illusion of control. The majority wouldn't care, but for a few people trying to tell us how everything should be. Just stop listening, and encourage others to stop listening, and soon, individuality will bloom.

• 1 month later...

What I find "dumb" is when someone actually sees me walking in my heels, and then asks me, "Can you walk in those?" I want to say, "Not really, I'm just pretending I can walk," or "No, I actually go out jogging in these." I think a dumb question deserves a dumb answer.

Missy

I actually can run in 4 inch heels when the occasion calls for it ;p

Missy's High Heels

Missy's High Heels Forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MistressM on 2002-06-14 06:59 ]</font>

Tuesday night, at a pointless work meeting, a co-worker saw my stiletto sandals and had to say "you know you can never claim anything if you have a back problem because of those shoes". Like, first of all, where am I going to get back problems from? The shoes? Says who? And if it is something else, like an accident, I think the evidence will favour any claim I can make. Right? Some people...

Should have said to her "RTFM" and directed her to Jenny's site, or here for that matter. There have been cases where accident coverage was refused if it could be proven that the victim wasn't wearing a seatbelt, or wasn't wearing proper (and specified) safety equipment, but unless it becomes stated policy in your employee's handbook that they won't cover you if you wear heels higher than some specified height, they have no recourse BUT to cover you for any claims you make--I've never heard of claims being denied cancer victims because they chose to get addicted to smoking. _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-16 17:10 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Seeing as how I can wear stilettos for more hours than is normal, I cannot see how they would be a contributing factor in any problems I might have. If there is an accident, then the accident is the fault, it's not the shoes. I can do four inches for fifteen hours, most women can't do that for fifteen minutes. Five inches for twelve hours, and... well you get the idea.