wearing heels for charity

wetwillie

http://walkamileinhershoes.org/

Has anyone participated in this event? I signed up for the walk in Cincinnati, Ohio on Oct. 2. For a $20.oo registration fee they supply a tshirt, a pair of "loaner" heels (red 5 inch heels), and lunch. This is The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence. If you're interested, check the link above, go to their calender and look for an event in your area.

post-15128-133522922823_thumb.jpeg

Hey Roniheels;

The website says they use/sell LaDame 4" heels. I'm kinda wondering if I should just bring my own (Oh what to wear).

I plan to bring a pair or 2 of my own in case the shoes they supply don't feel comfortable enough to walk a mile in. Pity I don't own any red shoes.

Hey Wetwillie; $20.00 isn't a bad price for a basic pump in red. Goes well with a black t-shirt walkers are supposed to get as I read it. I may get crazy and put on a pair of Ellie platforms. Mine don't have the heart shaped buckle, but the fuscia chrome will make all kinds of light reflections. Maybe a black denim wrap around mini and purple fishnets too - - - or would that be too much? Ellie makes a 5" and 6" basic pump in a variety of colors. I have a pair of the 5" in red, but I'm really not a fan of the single sole pumps. I like a little bit of platform at this point. The Ellie pumps seem too thin on the sole, but otherwise they fit well. Usually run about $26.00 I'm looking for another pair of 5" pumps as a comparison to the Ellie's, but I'm in no rush.

post-26262-133522923222_thumb.jpg

post-26262-133522923225_thumb.jpg

Cool, thanks for sharing that. It looks like there is a event coming to my area in just a few weeks. It sounds fun to be able to openly walk a mile in heels with absolutely no concern and it is for a good cause. I've seen similar events before and most of the guys look quite pathetic trying to walk in heels - I might be a little self concious walking like a complete natural in them. lol

hhboots; I was kinda thinking the same thing. What a perfect time to try heeling in public, and do something good at the same time. I'm planning on trying to make the event in Cicinnati Ohio, but I can't make any promises at this point. Work may take precedence, and with the economy as it is in Ohio, you make hay while the sun shines.

Hey Wetwillie;

$20.00 isn't a bad price for a basic pump in red. Goes well with a black t-shirt walkers are supposed to get as I read it.

You don't get to keep the shoes. I guess they're "loaners"

I may get crazy and put on a pair of Ellie platforms. Mine don't have the heart shaped buckle, but the fuscia chrome will make all kinds of light reflections. Maybe a black denim wrap around mini and purple fishnets too - - - or would that be too much?

I think I'll dress conseratively, I want to wear a skirt or dress with stockings but my wife would not approve. So I'll wear a man's kilt and pantyhose.

Didn't see an event here in Spokane, WA. A crying shame, I would love to spend a day in heels outside and not feel out of place.

The closest looks like Ellensbug this Saturday. You could try to organize a walk yourself. Check the website for details.

Cool, thanks for sharing that. It looks like there is a event coming to my area in just a few weeks. It sounds fun to be able to openly walk a mile in heels with absolutely no concern and it is for a good cause. I've seen similar events before and most of the guys look quite pathetic trying to walk in heels - I might be a little self concious walking like a complete natural in them. lol

I am going to walk tall and proud and confident in my 5" stiletto high heels. Only 24 hours and counting!:)

Hey Roniheels;

The website says they use/sell LaDame 4" heels. I'm kinda wondering if I should just bring my own (Oh what to wear).

I talked to the organizer. She said that I could bring my own high heels. But they do furnish high heels to those who don't own any.

Well, I did it! I walked a mile in five inch stiletto high heels.

The event took place in Wichita, Kansas at the Wichita State University. Most of the guys that participated were students and frat pledges, but there were others that wanted to walk to support the cause. There were probably about 100 to 150, give or take, who participated. The support was great and the guys I walked with had a lot of fun...and many had sore feet. Everyone finished the walk (I finished with a group near the front of the pack) and I made some observations:

1) Many of the young men enjoyed wearing the high heels and looked pretty natural wearing them.

2) Many of the girlfriends of the guys thought their guys looked HOT in the high heels and were getting very friendly with them before the walk (probably a lot of fun privately afterwards).

3) I had so many compliments on the high heels I was wearing by the young ladies that lined the check-points throughout the walk. And there were many women who showed up to support this event, especially at the finish line.

It was a good time had by all, especially me. It was fun, for a good cause, good comradere, and just one real small blister.

I encourage everyone to do this at least once if the event comes to your area. A local newscrew covered the event. And every other person had a camera phone or video recorder. I'm sure this will eventually show up on youtube. When I find it, I will point me out to everyone.

Roniheels: RE: 3) Do show us what air you were wearing. I'd be interested in knowing what got these ladies attention. Looks like the Cincinnati walk will be at the UC campus which is a pretty big place, so I'm assuming there will be similar amount of participants. I know rape, and related crimes are a big issue on campus and therefore I expect it will be heavily promoted. Doesn't appear as though they have had one of these events in the last couple years, so that may bring out the curiosity crowd along with the closet heel enthusiasts. If I can make the event, I'm still wonding what to wear as I have never gone any great distances in anything over a 2 1/2" western boot riding heel (which is no problem). Toes are a concern with me as my steel toe work boots over the last few years have pretty much screwed them up. Also debating wearing jeans, or going whole hog and drag out a denim mini and thigh highs. Should be a hoot getting to the event on a motorcycle in that get up.

Roniheels:

RE: 3)

Do show us what air you were wearing. I'd be interested in knowing what got these ladies attention.

Looks like the Cincinnati walk will be at the UC campus which is a pretty big place, so I'm assuming there will be similar amount of participants. I know rape, and related crimes are a big issue on campus and therefore I expect it will be heavily promoted. Doesn't appear as though they have had one of these events in the last couple years, so that may bring out the curiosity crowd along with the closet heel enthusiasts.

If I can make the event, I'm still wonding what to wear as I have never gone any great distances in anything over a 2 1/2" western boot riding heel (which is no problem). Toes are a concern with me as my steel toe work boots over the last few years have pretty much screwed them up. Also debating wearing jeans, or going whole hog and drag out a denim mini and thigh highs. Should be a hoot getting to the event on a motorcycle in that get up.

In this event, all of the guys had to wear feminine high heels with at least a 3" heel. One young man wore boots, but they were feminine boots with a 4" heel. I overheard some of the guys saying that they practiced before this event and that's not a bad idea if you're not used to walking in high heels.

In this event, all of the guys had to wear feminine high heels with at least a 3" heel. One young man wore boots, but they were feminine boots with a 4" heel. I overheard some of the guys saying that they practiced before this event and that's not a bad idea if you're not used to walking in high heels.

Practice is a definite plan on my part. Was thinking that there is a paved bike trail a few miles from me, and there won't be many bike riders out in the mid morning, so I might just give it go and see how well I do. Walking around the house isn't gonna cut it.

I also got a tip from a couple gals who used to be dancers/strippers (and who liquidated some virtually new platforms at pennies on the dollar to me). They suggested using a numbing cream on the balls of your feet to cut down on those kinds of pain issues. The kind of substance a 'toy store' would carry and goes by two 4 letter words, and next to the KY - - - you figure it out.

As for my heels selection. I have nothing under 4" and up to 7 1/2 w 2" platform to choose from. Will be looking for a womens western style boot with a 3" heel or close to it for daily wear. As I mentioned before, finding mens boots with a riding/tapered heel is getting pretty tough these days. I'm not likely to spend $200.00 on a boot from the internet.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been practicing for the walk on Oct. 2. My wife and I have been going out after dark (less people and no children are out at that hour) walking around the neighborhood. She in sneakers and me in my 4 inch Ellie gold pumps. It's not going to be as easy as I thought. As far as the outfit I plan to wear: I wanted to wear a denim mini skirt and pantyhose but the wife wouldn't go for it. So I'll be wearing my Black Watch kilt with a wide gold belt that will match the shoes, and pantyhose. I've noticed the balls of my feet are sore already. Anyone have any tips on how to ease the pain?

I've been practicing for the walk on Oct. 2. My wife and I have been going out after dark (less people and no children are out at that hour) walking around the neighborhood. She in sneakers and me in my 4 inch Ellie gold pumps. It's not going to be as easy as I thought.

As far as the outfit I plan to wear: I wanted to wear a denim mini skirt and pantyhose but the wife wouldn't go for it. So I'll be wearing my Black Watch kilt with a wide gold belt that will match the shoes, and pantyhose.

I've noticed the balls of my feet are sore already. Anyone have any tips on how to ease the pain?

Haven't been out walking at all as of yet. My schedules are so screwed up I can't confirm anything beyond 10 minutes from now.

They have me working 10's on third shift and 8's on Saturdays (Friday nights)

My steel toe work boots are killing my toes lately, which makes everything painful regardless of what I wear.

I know at this point that there is a good chance I will be in Cinci on this weekend, but that could change by then.

I've been practicing for the walk on Oct. 2. My wife and I have been going out after dark (less people and no children are out at that hour) walking around the neighborhood. She in sneakers and me in my 4 inch Ellie gold pumps. It's not going to be as easy as I thought.

As far as the outfit I plan to wear: I wanted to wear a denim mini skirt and pantyhose but the wife wouldn't go for it. So I'll be wearing my Black Watch kilt with a wide gold belt that will match the shoes, and pantyhose.

I've noticed the balls of my feet are sore already. Anyone have any tips on how to ease the pain?

I guess I would suggest wearing high heels that fit you well and maybe thicker hose or socks. I wore shear stockings when I walked the event. My feet weren't that sore and I had a very small blister on my right little toe which healed in a couple of days.

You might try a pair of Dr. Scholl's inserts in your shoes, wetwillie, with a pair of nylon stockings. Most important, wear shoes that fit properly. And, you don't have to wear the highest heels that you own, either. 3½ or 4" heels always do the trick.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Looks like the odds of me making the event have gone from positive to negative. One of the reasons I was going to be in Cinci was to have the gas turned on in a college student house, but since Duke Energy wants all kinds of appliance BTU info, and someone at the house on their beck and call, there is a good chance I'll be waiting for them to show up sometime on Friday or Saturday (if they show up at all). I have already inquired about 'just showing up' at the event just before 10:00 as a walk in registration, and they were fine with that, so there is a chance, but as of now, I'd have to guess I'm out. Good luck and have fun PS; I'll be heading south Thursday morning right after work, and probably won't see this forum until Monday night. If your in a kilt as planned, I'll find you if I make it.

I did the walk Saturday. About 100 guys (mostly students) participated. I had a great time being out in 4 inch heels. The sad part was I ruined my shoes when I had to stop short when the guy in front of me lost a shoe, badly scuffing the top of one of my shoes.

Heelster, thanks for joining us. It was nice to have someone my age there.

I tried to upload a photo, but it wouldn't load. I'll try later.