leaving the stickers on the sole

Mrdiggerdunn

Any ides for getting off those particularly sticky labels which always disintegreate when you try to peel them?

It's just more frustrating to have bits of label left on the shoe.

Ian G

A little gentle heat (hair dryer) used with caution will often work. But lighter fuel (or petrol), white spirit or meths - in that order of preference - rubbed into the label will generally take it off in combination with a thumbnail. (No smoking or naked lights, of course, and be wary of sole colouring also being removed.)

There is a product called Goo Gone which is available in most grocery and big box stores in the cleaning supplies section. It dissolves the residue, it isn't dangerous or flammable, and it has a nice citrus smell. Best thing to use. Steve

I personally think that brand new high heel shoes are the sexiest thing going. I know a lot of people like well worn shoes but each to their own. Leaving the stickers on suggests that the shoes are brand new, even if they're not. However, the shoes were not designed to show a sticker or label on the bottom so I think I would always prefer to see them removed.

There is a product called Goo Gone which is available in most grocery and big box stores in the cleaning supplies section. It dissolves the residue, it isn't dangerous or flammable, and it has a nice citrus smell. Best thing to use.

Steve

Goo Gone probably not available in the UK - and, if it is, it will be ten times the price of one of the common solvents I suggested. Granny's remedies are invariably simple, economical and worth trying first. :)