leaving the stickers on the sole

Mrdiggerdunn

I've been led to believe that in the 50s and 60s, prostitutes would display how much their services cost on stickers on the bottom of their shoes. As a result, I'm rather careful to ensure I don't leave them on. Besides, I've always thought it looked lazy and untidy to leave them on.

I always take the stickers off, the boots always look better. I have often been tempted to say it to anyone I see with the stickers still on, but then they would know I was looking at their boots, mind you I have no problem saying it to my friends male and female. Booted up.

To the point....... that I have actually told 2 women off for leaving the stickers on the bottom of the shoes. they were both very apologetic and then proceeded to remove the labels while I was still there. I would not recommend it if you didnt know the woman in question, but they were quite surprised somebody noticed. A big, massive no no.

The angels have the phonebox.

If you remove the sticker and there is still adhesive left on the shoes, you can safely remove the goo with a product called (appropriately enough) "Goo Gone". It's available in most groceries and big box stores. It has a nice citrus smell and won't harm most substances. Steve

I'll be the first to admit: After I get a new pair of heels, like the ones in my picture, I left the stickers on, as I always do this when I get a new pair. I'm just so excited to wear them to at least one place before doing anything more to them. Luckily, no one cared or they came off in the parking lot. Half of my shoes are purchased without stickers on the sole, surprisingly. Or...I may have removed them beforehand...Or they removed themselves inadvertently :) Hate for laughing at myself for almost always doing so, but hey. Aren't we all sometimes ecstatic to break-in shoes? (Rhetorical question) And, in small defense, soles are of the bottom of the shoe and in the inside of a shoe, right?

Formally "HHDude"

Leaving stickers on clothes? Do you leave those stickers on pants?

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/04/23/funny-pictures-ther-appeers-2-b/

Thats how ridiculous it looks in my opinion, as funny as it is to annoy cats with stickers, it just doesn't belong. Once you decide to wear it out and not return it, take the stickers and tags off. :)

Leaving stickers on clothes? Do you leave those stickers on pants?

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/04/23/funny-pictures-ther-appeers-2-b/

Thats how ridiculous it looks in my opinion, as funny as it is to annoy cats with stickers, it just doesn't belong. Once you decide to wear it out and not return it, take the stickers and tags off. :)

Heh! That pic was funny! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I realise I'm going to be the lone voice here, but I think it's somehow sexy to see a girl in stilettos with stickers still on them or part of the stickers still there. No-one will really notice only people like us who "shoe watch" so I think it makes no difference, but personally I don't have a problem with it. It shows a girl loves the shoes so much, she just had to wear them immediately, and never bothered taking the stickers off!!

• 3 months later...

Leaving the stickers on is not only sloppy but can be embarrassing. Some years ago, I was in church for a wedding. When we knelt down to pray, I got a good view of the shoes of the woman in front of me (which were totally unexciting, as was she!). On one shoe sole was a prominent sticker clearly marked 'Shopsoiled: £3 to clear'. Enough said!

It's 1) Check the fit 2) Walk round the carpet 3) good fit and comfy - labels and tags off poor fit not comfy - they're going back labels intact! be it shirt or shoes, once the labels are off, they are mine. Otherwise I think it is just cheap and lazy Al

It's

1) Check the fit

2) Walk round the carpet

3) good fit and comfy - labels and tags off

poor fit not comfy - they're going back labels intact!

be it shirt or shoes, once the labels are off, they are mine.

Otherwise I think it is just cheap and lazy

Al

Do the same myself,

BTW, I find a good way of getting the sticky residue off the sole is to use WD40, to break it down, then some air freshener rubbed in to get rid of the WD stink

Do the same myself,

BTW, I find a good way of getting the sticky residue off the sole is to use WD40, to break it down, then some air freshener rubbed in to get rid of the WD stink

Use a heat gun to peel the label off and you will have zero residue left... Or a hairdryer "might" work too..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I realise I'm going to be the lone voice here, but I think it's somehow sexy to see a girl in stilettos with stickers still on them or part of the stickers still there. No-one will really notice only people like us who "shoe watch" so I think it makes no difference, but personally I don't have a problem with it. It shows a girl loves the shoes so much, she just had to wear them immediately, and never bothered taking the stickers off!!

Or more likely, she is sloppy and will not look after her shoes.

Leaving the labels and stickers on shoes is a REAL fashion 'faux pas' or 'no no'. It means that everyone can see how much you paid for the shoes and the size that you take.

I think a lot of it, has stemmed from the 'trend' of clothes designers placing their labels on the outside of garments, rather than the traditional inside the collar or on the tail. It's purely an ego thing for people to show off their so called 'style' and taste - however it is a self-defeating process.

People attempt to be trendy and stylish by wearing labels outside the garment - and in the process make themselves look cheap and tacky!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Any ides for getting off those particularly sticky labels which always disintegreate when you try to peel them? It's just more frustrating to have bits of label left on the shoe. Ian G