I've entered...

ChipsHH

...the ballet heel club! :rose: (Don't know if it's an official club, but I now own a pair, so I guess I'm in it, haha) Got my red patent ballet boots from my friend today, and WOW! They look better (and kinda bigger) in person than through the videos and photos I've seen of others in them. Me and my friend were amazed at the sight, her calling me "weird" and I accepting the compliment! :) Well, I stuck around her house to try them on. We had gotten one boot on, with more-or-less struggling. The other one wasn't so lucky. In fact, the zipper broke off on our pulling the zipper up my leg. Sucks, when you think about it, especially since it happened to me and no one else :) Got them from eBay seller, "ruby-fashion". I sent him a message saying my problem. Have yet to get a reply back. And seeing as he's from overseas, it's gonna be a tough time explaining to him... I'll be looking into some repair shops around, and hope they give an affordable price, IF they can get the job done. Overall though, I still managed to get them on and stand, barefooted, mind you. For the most part, not too much soreness or aches. I mean, I felt like (and my toes) I could have stood up, leaning against my bed for a good five minutes, moving left and right when I could. But I didn't feel right with a boot with a broken zipper, so I called it quits. I hope tomorrow [or today] can be forgiving, price and repair-wise.

Formally "HHDude"

Yeah I know ruby-fashion. They are in Germany, just as I am. You should use the zip as rare as possible. To make sure threy really fit your leg perfectly you should take the time to Lace them up entirely every time. Way more comfort than just zipping. But to be honest I doubt that rf. will take them back (especially oversea) just because you broke the zip. That may sound hard but, eventually you overstrained the zip. This morning I saw that my Ballet Heels are a size too small (they are EUR45, I need 46). No surprise they give me a hard time to walk in. You should really be sure thte size is right. And especially with ballet boots, it's ok if they are bigger. Wearing some big socks, it won't stress your toes so much.

Hi, sorry to hear about the broken zip. these BB should have laces, why dont you glue the zip closed on each boot and use the laces to put the on. Like hh&c said you get the best tight fit using the laces, this should solve your problem and no funny looks or questions from the boot mender. Good luck on learning to walk in them, I have a pair and I enjoy wearing them a lot. BOOTED UP.

Well, forgetting to check here this morning, I went out to a repair shop. Surprisingly, not too many questions flew from her (yep, a 'her', and probably her husband as well). I called beforehand, and I guess she wanted to see the damage first, so I brought it in. She was surprised, of course, and did wonder who was wearing them. (Didn't tell her I was, haha). Her husband seemed to know about the shoes, strangely... The price to repair is what really got me, though, cause I saw the thread of "zip repairs" and it sounded as like shoe repairers were much too expensive to take in to consideration. But as soon as she said the price, I was set: only 30 dollars to fix up! Now, I don't know if that would be consider expensive for a small repair, but it was a good-enough price to have me sold. As I said, I thought it would possibly be in the triple digits, but that would possibly be the case with getting both repaired, if need be. But yeah, my ballet boot is in repair, as we speak, and I hope she's able to repair it :) I'll definitely go with lacing up next time. I found myself zipping the other one up and lacing it. Now, when I do zip it up, it's less work, so I may have found the comfort :rose: Used my socks to stuff the toe box, and they're comfy now :) P.S. Dr Who, your voice is always welcome advice for me :D Just to let you know. And hh&c, are you really 18, with ballet boots already? :D

Formally "HHDude"

Well, I guess the next thing, as everyone I think has asked, is training to walk in them. I figured I'd punish my toes by walking anywhere and everywhere in them....but, that wouldn't be too wise. I also thought of wearing them to bed. Would that also work?

Formally "HHDude"

And hh&c, are you really 18, with ballet boots already? :D

Don't wear them much. Bought them just for fun at eBay for about nothing. Decided I don't like them too much. From the side they look good, but from the front they are so ugly! :) So I decided I love very high, but classic pump styled shoes.

Yeah here're so much strange guys :rose: Don't wear them all day. 90% of my time I'm just a young Musician and Artist who looks just like a "normal" male. Heeling is just my private and very secret hobby.

But if you're 19 why shouldn't I be 18? :)

Don't wear them much. Bought them just for fun at eBay for about nothing. Decided I don't like them too much. From the side they look good, but from the front they are so ugly! :) So I decided I love very high, but classic pump styled shoes.

Yeah here're so much strange guys :rose: Don't wear them all day. 90% of my time I'm just a young Musician and Artist who looks just like a "normal" male. Heeling is just my private and very secret hobby.

But if you're 19 why shouldn't I be 18? :)

Well, that's something. I got my pair for cheap via eBay as well. Problem: the shipping fees. Haha. No regrets, though.

I was just caught off-guard that you were only 18 with the "highest" heels possible to own. Pretty lucky, in my book. Still, I'll be heeling 24/7. Don't think I have a career like yours to look forward to.

Formally "HHDude"

career? nope, I will never do 24/7 heeling. More 2/7, sometimes up to 9/7, but thats it. This ain't a part of my overall everyday life. Just something I particulary like so much that I plan here and there some hours in to do it. Oh and I don't think yours were as cheap as mine. They were used for one photosession before, and I payed less than 30$ for them :) Oh and as I'm 6.4" without heels it would hurt my head too much wearing heels all day :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hhdude: It can take a while to get used to ballet heels. I've been bad, and not keeping up the practice, so my skill and muscles used are not what they were. I have been trying to lose a little weight, so maybe getting back to practice will be easier. I don't expect to be able to go grocery shopping, but I'd love to do so :wave:

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 2 weeks later...

Weird have had some issues with the heels from ruby fashion as well. In my case the metal eyelets popped out whilst lacing them even lacing them tight. Guess that is what you get with Chinese quality. Anyway wish you good luck. Am sure you'll love them and learn to walk in them. Just takes time.

Weird have had some issues with the heels from ruby fashion as well. In my case the metal eyelets popped out whilst lacing them even lacing them tight. Guess that is what you get with Chinese quality. Anyway wish you good luck. Am sure you'll love them and learn to walk in them. Just takes time.

Ruby Fashion as well? I had a problem with them regarding my zipper breaking. I've since gotten it repaired, so everything's good. seems like getting the ballet boots in your exact size is recommended. I hope to raise up the money for another pair, probably in a 43 to see how they feel.

Formally "HHDude"

• 3 months later...

career? nope, I will never do 24/7 heeling. More 2/7, sometimes up to 9/7, but thats it. This ain't a part of my overall everyday life. Just something I particulary like so much that I plan here and there some hours in to do it.

I fantasize going 24/7 all the time..

Things that prevent me are the negative pressures of society and the difficulty of maintaining a job.