Anyone here a Top Gear fan?

I'm American, and well, I have to admit to all of the BBC license fee paying users. I bittorrent it the same day it is aired in the UK just to get my fix. BBC America rips out half of the music they play (royalties I imagine) and the star in a reasonably priced car parts if the person isn't readily identifiable by an American. But that seems to completely rip out the heart and soul of the program. Which while I am a car nut and love the cars, the production quality of the show with the zooms and pans and musical choices all contribute to the final product being superb. I'd happily pay your license fee if I could get online streaming from the BBC just for this show. I'm addicted, been watching it since 2003 religiously when it was on the discovery channel for a while. Also found out more women watch the show than men in the UK. I've gotten at least 6 of my coworkers addicted to the show. It seems to be a bit of a hidden gem.

somehow i cant see that more women watch top gear than men. Just about every male i know watches it every week and only the odd woman or two isnt too sick of it to watch it too. It is fantastic though lol and i am a total petrolhead lol

I was born in the UK and lived there for the first 17years of my life, i grew up watching top gear on british television, and have been an avid viewer ever since the shoe was revived. I moved to australia over 2years ago now, and although we do get top gear on our TV over here, i also like you, download the torrents as soon as the show has aired from the UK, because although they dont edit out the star in the reasonably priced car, they do cut 5minute sections for some odd reason... :S I thought this season wasn't as good as previous, as they spent alot of money on guests and documentary style movies. I think top gear became so popular for there stupidity and how people love to watch them do silly things and go on epic journey's. There was none of that this year.. it was dissapointing. Also, the fact they only made 6 episodes this season shows that they're blowing their whole budget on stars like tom cruise and cameron diaz, when really i dont think half of the viewers could care less who it was in that section of the show. I only hope they rectify this next season.. it'd be a shame to watch the show decline again after such popularity.

You're right it's a gem. Also has quite a following amongst American film stars looking at the number of names on 'star in a reasonably priced car', was it Diaz & Cruise last week? Anyway isn't this a website for high heels? So what type of heels do you think Jezza wears on a saturday night? I think stilletto heeled thigh high boots! Silvikrin

Bubba, its a form of car show shown here on the bbc, I beleive its also shown around the world. They test cars and do all kinds of stunts etc, it is a good program you can see clips on you tube etc.

life is not a rehearsal

Yep, we alsoi get it here, was wondering why there were such few new ones!! Budget cuts!! Sad!! There are a lot of repeats originaly on the Discovery Channel and now it shows on the one dedicated BBC channel that we get here Yep great show, and don't mind watching the repeats any time they on!!

Well I went looking around on the internet and I found this.

http://jalopnik.com/5606884/top-gear-usa-the-first-trailer

I could barely watch it was so horrid and makes me wish we would stop reinventing english shows. Those 3 have no charisma and remind me of my college roommates, not in the good way either.

So budget cuts are the reason top gear has lately been feeling "off"? And I know this is a high heel forum, but this is the nonheel offtopic forum. And I'm all about random. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Top Gear is one of my all time favorite shows. I haven't seen most of the current season (15) yet, but plan to bittorrent them soon enough. The History Channel (US) will be launching Top Gear America sometime this fall. Seems to me that the will "do it all wrong". Clarkson, Hammond and May have a unique chemistry that I don't think we can reproduce. I guess we'll find out if the show lasts more then one season.

great program,will they replace the stig?:)

They have been replacing the stig for years, why do you think the drivers have to sign a confidentiality agreement, and the BBC want to keep the latest "Stig" quiet when his book comes out.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...

Top Gear is my all time favorite. Indeed the chemistry amongst them is great and hilarious. I just wonder why car producers still let them have the most expensive for their review. Not often the outcome is very favorable. If you have a chance, get Hammond's books, compiled from his columns, hilarious too. But nothing to do with high heels.

Top Gear is great! I get it here in the US on BBC America. I try to catch the F-1 races when I can. Usually they're on at 3 AM or so. Don't know if you can get it where you live, but in the US, the Speed Channel typically runs F-1 live then re-runs the ones that happen in the middle of the night at about 1:00 PM. Heels & wheels....what a combo! Glad to read you.

• 4 weeks later...

I jusst finished watching a 20 minute segment (report) about Top Gear on this weeks edition of TV News Program, 60 Minutes. While I've never watch it, now I know what it's all about and it looks quite entertaining and informative. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yep i like TopGear.:wave:. but i would as im into cars having raced cars and bikes

and been in the automotive industry for 20 years

The NZ "stig" is called the Stug!! :( (hahaha)

Except for travelling from here to there and over long distances and such, I have absolutely no interest in cars... and that is why I figure Top Gear must be an awesome show!!

The Australian Top Gear has recently began screening on tv... it's okay but it's not as good as the UK version.

Call me Tights!

• 4 weeks later...

I jusst finished watching a 20 minute segment (report) about Top Gear on this weeks edition of TV News Program, 60 Minutes. While I've never watch it, now I know what it's all about and it looks quite entertaining and informative. :wave:

I have never seen Top Gear. But tonight on the History Channel, there is an episode of Top Gear, and they are calling it a series premier. I am going to watch it and see what it's about.

Yep, totally, I watch it religiously, and repeats too on Dave (Thats a cable channel for those outside the UK) I dont watch it for the cars though, I'm not a petrol head, I just think the 3 of them together are pretty funny and occassionally, they have some normal cars that might be interesting to see reviews of.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!