Hello from HighCurious

Hello all, Just a quick note to introduce myself, as my name implies, I'm curious about high heels. I've been fascinated for years; what do they feel like? Could I walk in them? How high could I go? After reading here for a while, I bought my first pair of high heel boots a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying wearing them about the house, but haven't gone any further. They are 3.75" high, but I tried on 4" and even 5" ones before deciding on them and could at least stand in them. Now I need to decide if this is as far as I want to go, or if I'd like to take it further. As I said, curious. :)

Welcome to High Heel Place. Don't put any pressure on yourself as far as where and how often you want to wear your high heels. Enjoy them, read some of the posts from other members at this site, and then see what happens. Good luck and welcome again.

Hi :) You're hooked for life. The secret to wearing high heels isn't the height of the heel, it's the fit of the shoe. If your shoes are a correct fit, and if their comfortable to walk in, the heel can be as high as you can comfortably wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome. Once you have worn your boot for a while and are able to walk in them easily would could try a higher heel.

I'd like to try higher, I'm getting used to the height of the boots I have now and feel I can go higher, but I need to work on my stability. :)

Do you think you would ever wear heels in public?

That's a big step for me I think. I've tried a quick walk in the alley behind my house, just for the feel of being outside, but it was after midnight and my heart was racing.

For now it's a personal thing, but I may take some friends into my confidence in the future.

Hello, Bonjour à tous,

I'm new in this forum, i will try to do my best (i'm french :rose:).

I 'm interested in designs, and evolution of dressing (not only shoes).

Good question (i'm thinking:online2long:)

Welcome to hhplace, LeChatBotte :) There are quite a few members of this forum that work in different areas of the fashion industry. I'm sure you will find yourself right at home here.

:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome HighCurious WE all started somewhere and you sound as though you're off to a gr8 start. 3.75 is a nice height - you may decide youd like higher or you may decide that you quite happy there. As Bubba says, its about the fit - if that works the rest falls into place. I remember my first little walk out after midnight - reckon my blood pressure has never recovered! Stay in touch and let us know how you progress

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Greetings HighCurious and welcome :-)

As previously stated, 3.75" is a good height to get used to wearing heels.

It is nice to find out you are not alone anymore isnt-it ?

Greetings LeChatBotté and welcome to this forum :-)

Salutations LeChatBotté et bienvenu sur ce forum :-)

You did not mention if you were wearing heels or not.

If you are not, did you ever consider trying to see how it feels like ?

(Thinking about it maybe you should not try because you will get hooked !)

PS: If you want to discuss about heels in French, don't hesitate to do so via PM or e-mail

As Bubba says, its about the fit - if that works the rest falls into place.

That's my issue though, the fit, My feet are quite different in size. I have one 8.5 and one 10.5 UK, with the long one being thin and the short being wide.

I usually get UK 11s and just tie them tight, but that's not so easy with heeled boots. :)

I remember my first little walk out after midnight - reckon my blood pressure has never recovered!

I've tried a few more walks, each one a bit further, but still within sight of my back door. I still feel worn out when I get back each time.

It is nice to find out you are not alone anymore isnt-it ?

It's been good to find this place and read other people's stories, that helped me get the courage up to go to a shop in the first place.