designer v high street

bladerunner

I see some difference; but I have to look close. Any way I'd try and see them "face to face" to see if the price is worth de difference. I don't believe a 500 pounds difference will pay the label or the exclusive design. Those shoes are certainly over priced not on a quality basis. We have discussed this on the Designers Forum extensively. My Loubies are better than my Paruolos... but not so much better to cost u$500 more.

ysl calf skin £600.00 silly money................miss kg eden £70.00 or £45.00 for the white in the sales!

You would most likely FEEL the difference when you wore them....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have to go along with pussyinboots, because most of the time it is in the quality of the construction rather than the over all appearance. I have some heels that look great even when I'm in them, but the glam soon wears off as my feet and legs become fatigued and then comes those annoying bits of discomfort to where I'm ready to put the heels away in storage, at least for a time. On the other hand, I have stilettos that fit like quality-made gloves that feel like extentions of me, rather than just lovely, protective, ornmentative footwear that appear to have little visual difference to the glammed heels. The cost may have been a factor for the purchase of some of the quality I enjoy, but not for all of them. Knowing what brands you can usually depend on helps, knowing the qualities your feet need to be enjoyable is another plus, and trying them on before you buy is better assurance to find the pair of heels that complete you.

QUALITY: I guess it depends on what you expect and are looking for. Most of the heels today should be thrown away, if it were up to me, because of there lack of quality. Sure they can be alluring, but the construction and the materials put into them is only to sell them quickly.

The support in the right areas for the foot is almost non-existent. High heel tips that are vertically aligned to the back of the shoe cause greater strain and fatique on the foot, because the landing of the toes takes longer than when the heel tips are more centered under the front of the heel of the foot. The counter piece that is suppose to grab or cling to the back of the foot which keeps the heel from sliding out as you walk has seem to have disappeared from most of the shoe constructed. The arches of the foot are rarely supported and the toe joints are usually sitting on non padded surfaces in the toe box. There are many more, but you get the idea.

The materials used have so many inferior characterics, it's a wonder heels can be worn for the length of the walk out of the store to your vehicle or transportation point without some noteable deterioration. Have you ever scraped a synthetic surface of the heel or toe of a shoe? The material seems to flake open, if not peel off its backing. Repair? I guess, but you'll never completely hide it. Thus, that pair of heels has lost the value to be worn in public, if you care about such things. Straps may be there to secure the shoe on, but don't pull to hard while fastening them. You might pull out the bindings or literally, break the strap. Other defects have been experienced, but this is enough for now.

All of these less than good qualities can be found in any of the brands no matter what they are charging you. Most shoes don't have warranties nor can you return them after you have noticeable wear marks. It would seem that the higher priced footwear would have some sort of replacement or repair policy to back up the reason for their extreme pricing, but unless the defect happens or is noticed soon after the purchase, your out of luck. The shoe repair shop is your only recourse, which means more cost and time spent. Of course, it may give you a chance to talk with the cobbler about your heeling, but usually you just drop them off and get a return engagement, if they can fix them at all.

'You would most likely FEEL the difference when you wore them.... ' pussyinboots,you are correct on this matter,the reason i put these up for comparison is because although the miss kg are a lot cheaper this particular style is amazingly comfortable which is not very common for cheaper ranges,i have wore these for over 10hrs straight with no issues at all,so much so that i have got a second pair in a different colour. While i agree quality wise you get what you pay for i think these have got to be the best vfm in my opinion and i have many pairs of designer styles to make comparisons with,these generally i can wear for long periods as well,but to date the kg's are surpassing all my expectations for a cheaper brand. The only 'negative' for me is the usual gripe with sizing,generally i am a 40 in most shoes but these come up smaller and a 41 is spot on. Admittedly the ysl's may last alot longer and the quality better,i can see no real justification,especially in these 'austere' times to cough up £600! oh and i nearly forgot,the black kg's were reduced to £42.00 when i got them back in march,why i dont know as they are now back to the usual £70 price tag. Its a pity i cant say the same for all the cheaper brands! as histilleto put it ' Most of the heels today should be thrown away, if it were up to me' but only if i could afford replace them with qulity ones! lol

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

'

'You would most likely FEEL the difference when you wore them.... '

pussyinboots,you are correct on this matter,the reason i put these up for comparison is because although the miss kg are a lot cheaper this particular style is amazingly comfortable which is not very common for cheaper ranges,i have worn these for over 10hrs straight with no issues at all,so much so that i have got a second pair in a different colour.

While i agree quality wise you get what you pay for i think these have got to be the best vfm in my opinion and i have many pairs of designer styles to make comparisons with,these generally i can wear for long periods as well,but to date the kg's are surpassing all my expectations for a cheaper brand.

The only 'negative' for me is the usual gripe with sizing,generally i am a 40 in most shoes but these come up smaller and a 41 is spot on.

Admittedly the ysl's may last alot longer and the quality better,i can see no real justification,especially in these 'austere' times to cough up £600!

oh and i nearly forgot,the black kg's were reduced to £42.00 when i got them back in march,why i dont know as they are now back to the usual £70 price tag.

Its a pity i cant say the same for all the cheaper brands! as histilleto put it

' Most of the heels today should be thrown away, if it were up to me'

but only if i could afford replace them with qulity ones! lol

I just love those suede heels!!!!!