It Had To Happen...

ShockQueen

You may get a giggle out of this..... I've been wearing my heels in the office for so long now (in addition to the rest of my unique attire) that yesterday when I went to work to go out in the field with one of our techs, I wore just jeans, a company polo and sneakers - their eyes BUGGED OUT and wondered if anything was wrong! I guess once you get people into ANY mindset, a drastic change like that is sure to turn heads. I did promise them that today everything would be back to normal - well, MY kind of normal anyway. :wave:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My "back to normal" is all feminine clothing - heels, jeans/dress slacks, blouses with nails lacquered up, jewelry, and rull-on makeup. I know it's way more than just heels, but as has been said before......it's all about the complete image. Many were relieved that I was back to my "old self" again - LOL!

HA! Clearly your co-workers had become accustomed to your image, and that deviation threw them for a loop. Isn't it cool to be accepted in that way?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That it is, JeffB - that it is. One of my colleagues made my day today by seeing me in the lunchroom and said "Nice to see you back to normal again!" He's such a hoot!

And this goes to prove that we are really on the cutting edge of something great and i think that within a shorter rather than longer period of time guys in heels / skirts /dresses will be more common and we will be tthe founding members cheers malinheels :wave:

My "back to normal" is all feminine clothing - heels, jeans/dress slacks, blouses with nails lacquered up, jewelry, and rull-on makeup. I know it's way more than just heels, but as has been said before......it's all about the complete image.

Many were relieved that I was back to my "old self" again - LOL!

It's very interesting that you have not taken the step of wearing unbifurcated garments (e.g., skirts and dresses) that I have done so almost exclusively. I wear men's shirts with my skirts and the only nails lacquered up are my toenails. As far as shoes are concerned I wear both men's and women's shoes (including sandals). I have not gotten into wearing any makeup or jewelry except for my wedding ring. I have long hair.

I think the whole experience is so cool. You didn't seem to be expecting the reaction you got when you wore jeans and sneakers. Now it seems everyone feels everything is "normal" seeing you in your outfits, make-up, and high heels.This had to such an unexpected and pleasant surprise for you.

It's very interesting that you have not taken the step of wearing unbifurcated garments (e.g., skirts and dresses) that I have done so almost exclusively. I wear men's shirts with my skirts and the only nails lacquered up are my toenails. As far as shoes are concerned I wear both men's and women's shoes (including sandals). I have not gotten into wearing any makeup or jewelry except for my wedding ring. I have long hair.

It may seem odd for me to say, but I just can't see myself wearing skirts or dresses to the office. I'm over 300 pounds right now, and a dress would be HIDEOUS on me. I won't do skirts in the office as it just doesn't seem right for me. Perhaps away from the office, but not in it. I'll be happy enjoying what I have gained.

It may seem odd for me to say, but I just can't see myself wearing skirts or dresses to the office. I'm over 300 pounds right now, and a dress would be HIDEOUS on me. I won't do skirts in the office as it just doesn't seem right for me. Perhaps away from the office, but not in it. I'll be happy enjoying what I have gained.

I often wear the jersey dress shown on the model when when I go on my night walks, frequently with my wife, who wears only pants and flat shoes. Sometimes I wear wedge sandals with it. I weigh 208 lbs, and I am 5' 10" tall. The large size fits me perfectly. I just cannot see myself wearing any women's pants given that I hate to wear pants in general. If I am going to wear a woman's bottom garment, it will certainly be a skirt. As I have said before, I hate having the wedge of cloth against my privates. I love to wear the maxi dress .......... EDITED........

post-25204-133522920493_thumb.jpg

I often wear the jersey dress shown on the model when when I go on my night walks, frequently with my wife, who wears only pants and flat shoes. Sometimes I wear wedge sandals with it. I weigh 208 lbs, and I am 5' 10" tall. The large size fits me perfectly. I just cannot see myself wearing any women's pants given that I hate to wear pants in general. If I am going to wear a woman's bottom garment, it will certainly be a skirt. As I have said before, I hate having the wedge of cloth against my privates. .......... EDITED........

John,

That is a dress I beleive actually can work on a male. It looks very comfy. Keep it up. I think I have to buy something similar to this. :wave:

Best regards, Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

I often wear the jersey dress shown on the model when when I go on my night walks, frequently with my wife, who wears only pants and flat shoes. Sometimes I wear wedge sandals with it. I weigh 208 lbs, and I am 5' 10" tall. The large size fits me perfectly. I just cannot see myself wearing any women's pants given that I hate to wear pants in general. If I am going to wear a woman's bottom garment, it will certainly be a skirt. As I have said before, I hate having the wedge of cloth against my privates........... EDITED.........

And now, I dare say that you are curious about how I look in the dress. Now I did not wear high heels when I modeled the dress. You can see me taking my picture with the webcam using the mouse.

post-25204-133522920762_thumb.jpg

And now, I dare say that you are curious about how I look in the dress. Now I did not wear high heels when I modeled the dress. You can see me taking my picture with the webcam using the mouse.

No offence John, but that is definately not a good look. A Dress only really looks good if you have the figure to get away with it, something most men do not have. Dresses are designed around the female shape, so when a man wears one, it just looks like a tatty bed-sheet hanging from his shoulders...

Where that dress is designed to curve inwards (In the middle) most men curve outwards... Wear what you like by all means, but choose something that matches your figure and compliments it, not makes it look worse... :wave:

I'm sure lots of people here may all jump on me for being honest, and may even chime in telling you "the dress looks good", but I'd doubt many here could say "it looks good on you" or "You look good in it"... Sadly, in my opinion, it doesnt, and you dont....

ok, I'll go take cover now for the bashing I'm probably about to get for offering up an honest opinion...

On a related note, how/why has the thread about SQ's heels turned into somebody else's dress wearing?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

No offence John, but that is definately not a good look. A Dress only really looks good if you have the figure to get away with it, something most men do not have. Dresses are designed around the female shape, so when a man wears one, it just looks like a tatty bed-sheet hanging from his shoulders...

Where that dress is designed to curve inwards (In the middle) most men curve outwards... Wear what you like by all means, but choose something that matches your figure and compliments it, not makes it look worse... :wave:

I'm sure lots of people here may all jump on me for being honest, and may even chime in telling you "the dress looks good", but I'd doubt many here could say "it looks good on you" or "You look good in it"... Sadly, in my opinion, it doesnt, and you dont....

ok, I'll go take cover now for the bashing I'm probably about to get for offering up an honest opinion...

On a related note, how/why has the thread about SQ's heels turned into somebody else's dress wearing?

I will admit that I need to lose about 33 lbs so that my waist will begin to curve inwards again, as it was when I was young. Maybe I will have the incentive to lose the excess weight. My peak weight was about 240 lbs and now I am at 208. I need to go down to 175 lbs.

About discussing dresses - recall ShockQueen was relating about how he wore feminine clothing, but no skirts or dresses. I was simply thinking about alternative clothing.

No offence John, but that is definately not a good look. A Dress only really looks good if you have the figure to get away with it.

Fully agree... it may have come across a bit harsh, but sometimes the honest opinion is the best option. When I opened the picture, I was... umm...

Anyway, I'll just say when I was 18, I wish I would have had the nuts to go out in a dress back then (well, I did for one Halloween when I was a teen), because I had a pretty damn good body back then, and now years later, I know I dont have one anymore. I struggle to keep myself from plowing through into 200+ territory and hover just under that. As a result, even though I sometimes think to myself, it could be a lot of fun to try to do that today, I wouldnt dare, as it would scare the public and make myself look like an ugly giant pear wearing a muumuu. :wave: Just saying, be realistic, thats all...

Fully agree... it may have come across a bit harsh, but sometimes the honest opinion is the best option. When I opened the picture, I was... umm...

Anyway, I'll just say when I was 18, I wish I would have had the nuts to go out in a dress back then (well, I did for one Halloween when I was a teen), because I had a pretty damn good body back then, and now years later, I know I dont have one anymore. I struggle to keep myself from plowing through into 200+ territory and hover just under that. As a result, even though I sometimes think to myself, it could be a lot of fun to try to do that today, I wouldnt dare, as it would scare the public and make myself look like an ugly giant pear wearing a muumuu. :wave: Just saying, be realistic, thats all...

hhboots, you have a much gentler way of expressing your opinion than Tech. In addition to getting down to 175 lbs I need to add elastic below the existing waist elastic to accommodate the lower waistline of a man.

I urge you fellow readers not to jump all over Tech.

lol, I'm the first to admit, I'm far from diplomatic, and tell it how it is, no beating about the bush or "tip-toe around somebody's feelings", if something looks out of whack, you can be sure I'll be blunt about it... Althoug, those who know me have come to value my blunt and honest opinions on everything from I.T, to RC, but its not everybodies cup-of-tea, as some do take offence to it, understandably, but life is short, cut to the chase and make things better, I dont like to fanny about... Other people may say "Lots of room for improvements" whereas my translation will be "It totally sucks, because..." :wave:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Anyway, I'll just say when I was 18, I wish I would have had the nuts to go out in a dress back then (well, I did for one Halloween when I was a teen), because I had a pretty damn good body back then,

I dare say that when you were young, as when I was, skirts and dresses were a normal everyday attire for girls and women. Now they are not, so it is only slightly more unusual for a man to wear a skirt or dress publicly than it is for a woman. I can get by wearing denim skirts all the time publicly, but that would not have been possible when we were young.

Wow, JohnH -- Tech is correct. That dress really doesn't suit you at all. To me, it looks more like a dressing gown and you're getting ready for bed. As far as directness is concerned, there are many ways to say "you don't look good wearing that dress." However, by telling it like it, is there isn't any room for misunderstanding. Now, if you really are interested in dressing in female attire, look up HappyFeats postings and take a look at the way he dresses. You'll get a great idea of how to go about choosing garments that are appropriate for your size and build. Also take some of Kneehighs" suggestions. There's more than one way to "dress a kat." :wave: Wear what you want with confidence and pride but if you really look bad, expect heaps of ridicule. That's life! :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

lol, I'm the first to admit, I'm far from diplomatic, and tell it how it is, no beating about the bush or "tip-toe around somebody's feelings", if something looks out of whack, you can be sure I'll be blunt about it... Althoug, those who know me have come to value my blunt and honest opinions on everything from I.T, to RC, but its not everybodies cup-of-tea, as some do take offence to it, understandably, but life is short, cut to the chase and make things better, I dont like to fanny about...

Other people may say "Lots of room for improvements" whereas my translation will be "It totally sucks, because..." :wave:

Methinks you enjoy being the bad guy around here! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!