Kassiopeya Ballet Heels

HeelDragon

Hi,

i'm thinking about buying a pair of ballet heels from Kassiopeya (http://www.kassiopeya.de/Ballett-High-Heels) but i'm a little bit worried about the quality because they cost only the half of Devious/Pleaser ballet heels. Has anyone tried the ballet heels from Kassiopeya and can say something about the quality?

Now...I may be wrong here...however I think that 'Pata' from 'Light-Fetish.de' wears these....she has the Pink boots I believe. I am willing to be corrected - but that is a fine recommendation if it is the case.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi,

i'm thinking about buying a pair of ballet heels from Kassiopeya (http://www.kassiopeya.de/Ballett-High-Heels) but i'm a little bit worried about the quality because they cost only the half of Devious/Pleaser ballet heels. Has anyone tried the ballet heels from Kassiopeya and can say something about the quality?

it depends on what you expect of your balletheels :wave:.

they cost only the half ot the devious balletheels and as quality cannot be measured that way, I would not say the quality is the half- so let me say, they are worth their price if you like the optics (different colours e.g.).

If you have any walking-on-balletheels ambitions, I´d recommend devious/pleaser , LSB or similar which do cost more.

May I point you to an expert I have been consulting with? She is popular on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuzanziBalletHeels#p/u/1/KTxoIB8yck8 -

She is very friendly and had very good tips-

Another good site for information on ballet boots and feedback is: http://fetlife.com/groups/3651 -

I have even seen her dance in her ballet heels! The group at Fetlife is free to join and is one of the friendliest I have ever found (barring this one as I am so new here).

I recently bought a pair of my own and didn't do the research or learn how to stretch my feet and legs until now- you get what you pay for so be careful and go to where you can be sized if you can- if not learn as much as you can and if you aren't already able to stand 'on pointe', do the stretches and exercises so that you can avoid the cramps and pain that the rest of us newbes are going through- it's worth the effort though- hold out for good ones, get the toe pads and have fun!

radar..

Thanks for the nice replays.

If you have any walking-on-balletheels ambitions, I´d recommend devious/pleaser , LSB or similar which do cost more.

I already got a pair from Devious, they are quite nice but all models interesting for walking are only available in black :wave: so I'm looking for something different.

What bout the heel length of the Kassiopeya boots? Do they have the same "too long" heels as the Devious which are shortened by many people or do they have a different style?

I have a good working experience with the Devious brand. I like Pata would recomend these over the cheeper ones for walking in. Also I wouldn't buy a pair of ballets that wen't made of leather for walking in as well. I don't think the man made materials in the cheeper boots is as durable and moldable also they don't breathe like the leather boots. I have had my boots now going on 3 years and I walk in them at least 2 hrs. a week and more when time permits. All this being said I think the heels are the most fragile part of the boots due to them being plastic and steel construction. If they were totaly made from steel then they would be un brakeable except where they join the sole of the boot. All this considered I would buy the Devious brand for walking and the cheeper ones for posing/playing in only. I hope this helps. P.S. Pata has colored her black boots so I think coloring the leather black boots is not a problem it just takes a bit of work. Dr Who 3

Real leather is out of the question for me....

oh my respect for what you wrote here! I would try not to judge as I am not vegetarian at all but I´ve always asked myself what sense it has people saying they are vegetarians but then wearing shoes of genuine leather.

I also would not say devious leather ballets worser or better than those of man made materials.

kassiopeya has quite the same heels length as devious/pleaser have which is actually too long but gives a nice optics, right? cuz if its not about that slim foot form for you, you might check other manufacturers too which do have a shorter heel or different materials right away.

and I also have to say that my idea of coloring ballets was not good, at least I haven´t find a way to do it properly. for the sole it was ok, but not for the shoe itself.

...I´ve always asked myself what sense it has people saying they are vegetarians but then wearing shoes of genuine leather.

There are many different reasons for choosing a vegetarian lifestyle and I can understand that some vegetarians have no problems wearing leather. I also have some street shoes made of genuine leather, because sometimes it's nearly impossible to find good quality shoes of artificial leather in "normal" stores.

... you might check other manufacturers too which do have a shorter heel or different materials right away.

Are there manufacturers sell ballet boots with shorter heels for affordable prices? Google mostly finds Devious resellers, shady ebay stores and very expensive hand made shoes.

Thanks for the nice replays.

I already got a pair from Devious, they are quite nice but all models interesting for walking are only available in black :wave: so I'm looking for something different.

What bout the heel length of the Kassiopeya boots? Do they have the same "too long" heels as the Devious which are shortened by many people or do they have a different style?

They have too long heels. I ordered a pair of Kassiopeya Ballet Boots on eBay and I had to shorten them. The quality of the ballets is good, the quality of the Kassio... pumps not. The ballet heels are strong and stable and have a massive metal heel (but no big problem to shorten them - use tongs to remove the heel tip, then shorten them (I had to remove ~5mm) and then reattach the heel tips. No problem at all.

Just one thing - you should be careful when lacing them, one time I pulled too strong and one hook ripped out.

• 2 weeks later...

They have too long heels. I ordered a pair of Kassiopeya Ballet Boots on eBay and I had to shorten them. The quality of the ballets is good, the quality of the Kassio... pumps not. The ballet heels are strong and stable and have a massive metal heel (but no big problem to shorten them - use tongs to remove the heel tip, then shorten them (I had to remove ~5mm) and then reattach the heel tips. No problem at all.

Just one thing - you should be careful when lacing them, one time I pulled too strong and one hook ripped out.

Are the Kassiopeyas true to size? I'd love to get me and my man into those pink ballet boots!!! Woo hoo!!

Love, Marla

If you only want to wear them in bed, they are. If you want to (try) standing and walking in them, you should order a larger size - you will need space for padding. (don't know if some wear them barefeet but thats very stressing). Gel pads, thick wool socks or whatever will help you. Especially if they're your first ballet boots, you'll likely be able to stand in them for some seconds and then you'll get cramps - too much stress for your toes, they are very stiff so you won't be able to relax your feet, and the foot position feels very different to normal heels.

• 2 months later...

Have a pair of these and they seem quite well made. Except for the metal eyelets. Laced them carefully and one already popped out :wave: Can't expect them to be perfect for so little money. Do love them, wear them without padding sized quite small. Works for me, no problems standing in them but am still not sure about the heel length. Might end up making them a tad lower.