Chat with a store manager and learn!

HappyinHeels

Hi All, Was at the CHarlotte Russe store in Gurnee, IL yesterday and bought a pair of 5" navy blue slingback wedges there and chatted with the store manager for a bit since it was the end of the business day. Their website is revamped and much better. They will be redoing much of their inventory and bringing in higher-end merchandise including shoes. Charlotte Russe (based in San Diego) is starting to carry size 11's now in response to loads of requests and they know many of these requests have come from men. She also told me they sell a LOT of girl's jeans to guys because hey are more comfortable. She said this increase in girls' jean sales and shoe sales has been most notable within the last year. So, something is definitely happening and this is just one store on the edge of a big metropolitan area. Reason to smile!!!!! HappyinHeels:smile:

As jeans go, from looking throught the racks in the men's section, it's very hard to find jeans in sizes smaller than a 30" waist (I need a 28"or 29").. In fact, the only store I've ever found jeans smaller than a 30" waist was, Target... So I can see where any guys my size would be tempted to shop on the the "other" side of the store for jeans... I had a pair of Charlotte Russe boots which were the cheap equivilant of the Jessica Simpson "Alan" boots, but managed to trash them in a failed attempt to dye them black...:wave:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Here's what that manager had just rung up which set up the occasion for our chat:

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4022010&cp=4238904

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4111967&cp=4238904

Anytime I see a natural/cognac/neutral colored wedge heel I', very inclined to get it since it seems to blend into the background....unless I forget that my toes are teal or fuschia, otherwise I recommend them.

For people on a budget CR is definitely a great place to get sexy shoes for under $35!!

HappyinHeels

post-18145-13352291877_thumb.jpg

I buy women's jeans because: - The shortest legs commonly available on men's pants are 30 inch which is sometimes too long for me. If a woman's style is too long, I can usually buy Petite length. - While I don't desire skin tight or especially skinny legs, men's jeans are usually too baggy. Many stores carry almost all loose fit pants and promote it as a feature. Yuck! - Men's shorts are ridiculously baggy looking on me, so I buy women's shorts, too. I'm not sure if I own any men's pants at all.

I take it one step further! I buy women's skirts instead of shorts since I hate that wedge of cloth against my privates as is the case with shorts or pants. My experience is that in situations where people wear shorts knee length denim skirts are inconspicuous. I can even go to that most blue-collar of places, an auto parts store, and nobody seems to notice. Now, if I really wanted to feel out of place, I could wear a standard business suit (coat and tie) to the parts store!

I bought a skort not long ago at Sam's Club, of all places, and wore it Up North when I went to my land and it certanly felt great. I have always wondered about the denim skirt versus jean shorts. The cutoffs I wear around the yard are very short but it gives my legs a tan after hibernating through a Wisconsin winter. HappyinHeels:smile:

DProud2700, There are select styles in size 11 available in most stores now. I just scanned the website and DID NOT see a wedge I got at CR which was made in white, cognac, navy blue, and black which I bought (the last three colors) all in size 11. It can vary by store bt I was told that CR is changing their inventory and will be featuring more sizes in size 11 owing to customer requests. For now you'll have to check individual stores which many times have styles no longer on the website and bigger sizes than are listed on the website. A store with a fair number of styles in size 11 could indicate a number of returns or simply a manager's leverage to carry some bigger sizes based on proven sales. I hope that helps. HappyinHeels