Article on Victoria Beckham's Heel Addiction

matt

Following on from yesterdays article....

Posted Image

They ran a article showing Victoria's dedication to wearing heels :lol:

They had 8 shots of her wearing various heights of heel although most were exagerated. For instance they said the shoes she was wearing above were 6". Most of the heights were over estimated by about an inch I'd guess. The article is in todays Sun but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on their website :lol:

Thanks for pointing that one out matt. After your tip-off I had a look to see if the paper was worth buying, and the article could be scanned for hhboard readers. However, I decided against it; it was complete rubbish. Along with a bit of copy about "no terrain being too rough for Posh to handle in stilettos" were 8 rather poor shots of various shoes, in some of which you couldn't even see the heels. The heel heights were wildly exaggerated, with 5 or 6" being attributed to normal 3 to 4" street styles. To cap it all, each pic was given a "totter rating" out of 10 which seemed loosely related to whatever height they had imagined the heels to be. All in all, emminently forgetable. Even The Sun itself has frequently managed better.

Almost a week earlier than these articles, I saw a previous newspaper (News of the World or similar? - my fish & chips wrapping I hasten to add!) attempting to berate various things about Victoria, with an inset of her foot wearing some pretty high stiletto sandals (about 4 1/2") and sporting a bunion on her big toe joint - maybe exaggeratedly re-enhanced by some staff artist, plus an 'expert' pontificating that she should give up high heels for a longish period! Celebrity-knocking ranks amongst the most pathetic ploys of an already despicable British gutter press. Also I find that virtually ALL newspapers (and, dare I say it, quite a few contributors to these forums) tend to exaggerate heel-heights when reporting sighting etc. As in the above posting, deducting about an inch from each sighting probably gives a good idea of the actual shoe seen! At the recent Oxford Heel-Meet, I had a chat to Firefox about this over a pub lunch and a pint when giving our feet a rest from our 6" (sorry, 5"!) heels and he agreed with me. Cheerfully yours (and don't let em get to you Posh Spice!), Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The Sun article also had the standard couple of lines from a chiropodist saying high heels can cause foot problems if worn all the time so Posh should mix her heel heights. That was about the only sensible bit. My heels when I met you were 5" with 3/4" platform. No exaggeration there as I measured them :lol:

Celebrities don't have time for the likes of us. They just live their wealth filled lives, dodging the tabloids, being angry when stories are published, true or not, and thinking that we little people with less money are, well, not as important. Some celebs do see us wee folk as important, and they are the ones that make the most money from us, I guess. Posh or any other stiletto wearing celeb would never be found here. And if someone tried to claim to be one of them, would any of us be able to believe it?

Celebrities don't have time for the likes of us. They just live their wealth filled lives, dodging the tabloids, being angry when stories are published, true or not, and thinking that we little people with less money are, well, not as important.

Some celebs do see us wee folk as important, and they are the ones that make the most money from us, I guess.

Posh or any other stiletto wearing celeb would never be found here. And if someone tried to claim to be one of them, would any of us be able to believe it?

That would actually be the point of them being here. Because they normally wouldn't be here, to be "normal" they would be here. I don't think they would come out and say "Hi, I'm Resse Witherspoon. I really like high heels".

I wish I was a size 10

I don't think celebs have time for a place like this as Laurie says. They have a different agenda, one main thrust being not "do I like these shoes?" but "is any other celeb wearing them?" . Mary Archer wore the same dress two days in a row and was unjustifiably taken apart by The Sun which acused her of being smelly, tasteless, unimaginative and a whole load of other things which helped fill up 3/4 page of trash journalism. So yes, it's another world for the celebs.

I would dearly love to be wealthy, but I dread any level of celebrity beyond that which I may have attained on this web site. As a writer, it owuld be fine, people are not looking at me, so much as they are reading the words. When was the last time J.K. Rowling made the fashion pages? Celebrities are overpaid and overrated in most situations. And they should learn to share!

I think J.K. Rowling should make the fashion pages. As for the celeb lifetyle, I would not want to partake. I like my friends and my activities. I have enough to exist and do some of what I like, but would not want to be hounded hourly by photographers just for the sake of a bigger house or car.

We're not talking celebs posting on technology discussion sites, we're talking more, well, interesting sites like this one! There's no shame in a celeb posting on a tech site, especially one who was the science wiz kid in Star Trek. That never seels copies of the Weekly World News. Come to think of it, Bat child stories do. So never mind that mag. :lol:

We are the lucky ones, we can enjoy sighting well worn heels, or better still wearing them, as much for an ordinary person as a celeb. That is our good fortune. Celebs very often have a hard life, even without the trash newspapers pestering them. As for wealth, you are rich if you have enough for your needs, and Laurie and others can enjoy a new pair of heels much more if it is a bit of sacrifice to save for them. Would you get the same pleasure if you could simply walk in and buy dozens at a time. I think not.

You know nothing about women and the shopping gene, do you Allheel Heeheeheehee Walking in and being able to buy 12 of anything is a great pleasure no matter what it is. Well, maybe not eggs, but for shoes, it's a super thrill. Shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad shame mine is limited to the grocery store these days. Even though I love grocery shopping.

I'm waiting for the day when we read about David Beckham's high heel addiction :lol: Mind you perhaps his footy manager might have something to say first! I did see the article in the sun last week. Another driver left his copy in my lorry cab last week. She certainly knows how to wear them. We will have have ask Xaphod about the combination of heels and yachts. :lol:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I'm waiting for the day when we read about David Beckham's high heel addiction :lol: Mind you perhaps his footy manager might have something to say first!

I did see the article in the sun last week. Another driver left his copy in my lorry cab last week. She certainly knows how to wear them. We will have have ask Xaphod about the combination of heels and yachts. :lol:

Well Sir Alex did throw a boot at him. Nobody said if it had a stiletto heel on it or not :lol:

I wish I was a size 10

well, the article says that Vb uses HH always, even during her pregnancies, and now she's got bumps and her big toe joints which must be operated, and there are some discussion on how feet can look if you use high heels and pointy toes "too much". I really like her golden Hh sandals on the picture though!

• 1 month later...

I have some pictures that I took from a site on the net of Victoria Beckham in black knee high boots, they were gorgeous! They had block heels that were really chunky and the boots must have been custom made as they came neatly up to and rested on her knee's. If someone can tell me how to put pictures into an article like this I will post some of my pics for you.

Out of curiosity, how does one tuck all or nearly all of the pants' legs into boots so they don't bag out when you stand up? Maybe she has somebody do it for her while she's standing?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks