vintage high heels, springolators and real nylons

MRRIOSO

are there any woman or men who find the vintage 50s and 60s lingerie, spiked heels and hosiery more sexy than the styles of today?

You really need to get in touch with DebbieHK from Hong Kong. Vintage spike heels and FF nylons from that era are really her thing!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

are there any woman or men who find the vintage 50s and 60s lingerie, spiked heels and hosiery more sexy than the styles of today?

I don't find them more sexy than the styles of today. But, I definitely think they were an inspiration and certainly contributed to the styles of today.

The 50's and early 60's have become the standards to which all high heels are compared when designing heels for style, beauty, and quality. There have been many pumps made with designs to die for that I would like to have, but alas, they are only memories to almost everyone that knew of their existence. As an example, I remember seeing a pair of about 4" - 4.5" high thin spike heeled black patent pumps with a pointed toe box barely longer than the toes they would cover. This pair of heels had an interesting and very attractive design on the toe box. There were six one-eighth inch gemmed beads that laid in a row about a quarter inch apart next to the vamp cut. These beads were at the beginning of six black patent pleats which made three for each side of the toe box. The folds of the pleats laid towards the front. The pleats radiated toward the front and the sides of the toe box widening as they got closer to the sole, but equalizing their distant to make the spaces left on each side between the begginning of the toe box area and the point of the toe similar in width as the pleats were hidden by the sole. Back on top of the toe box, the result of the lines made by the pleats, there is an openly smooth shaped area resembling the silhouette of a snow cone with a pointed ice cap. The pointed toe had been shaped by molding the pleated and pattern cut black patent material to form the point when the shoe was assembled. You couldn't see all the care and craftsmanship that went into the completion of this lovely pair of pumps. I was enamored by their beauty and style, but I would only be able to see it and regret there was no way I could make the purchase. Like I said there have been many pumps in the past that would sell out today before they could be brought to market should some high heel designer have the sense and foresight to bring these type of shoe back to the market like the ones I have detailed in different threads throughout this forum. As far as those vintage nylons, I never really cared for the seams in the back. It tends to remind me of the ease runs would happen as they were put on and the stockings usually needed garters to hold them up, which doesn't make me want to deal with them at all. I can't say anything about the vintage lingerie, because I don't know much say.

How is Debbie HK? Pls tell us the news about her.

Although active is some ways, Debbie has essentially remained out of site for the past few years. I've seen her appear and then as quickly, disappear. She's established a website, a Yahoo User Group, called "asevenseas party," where she only occasionally appears. She has delegated the day to day administration and operation to another person with galleries and files of pictures of other women wearing high heels. The only pictures I've seen of her there, are old pictures taken several years ago. No recent pictures.

I've not been in direct contact with her lately. I passed through Hong Kong on my way back to the States from China a couple of years ago and called her. I left a message when I got her answering machine. She hasn't returned my call. So, while she pops up from time to time, I haven't heard from anyone that has personally chatted with her since her last appearance here in August of 2002.

If anyone else can add anything about Debbie that is more current, please do so. She remains a favorite of a lot of the long time members of Jenny's website and here in hhp.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Funnily enough - I have just posted a photograph of a pair of original 1950's Leopard Springolater mules, in the 'Charity Shops' Thread here. I bought them last year...and they are fabulous.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It was the term spring-o-lators in the title of this thread that caught my eye. I was probably no more that 6 or 7 when I first noticed them. The neighbor behind our house wore springolators exclusively and I was always enfatuated by the elastic band in the shoe that helped to keep them on her feet. But what was more memorable to me was the slapping sound that the shoes made on the bottom of her feet as the elastic pulled the shoe back into place. I remember one pair in particular. They were black patent with a gold metal tipped heel. One evening when my parents were throwing a party for the neighborhood, she wore them. As the evening wore on, and the adults were sitting around joking and having fun, she took one of the shoes off and pretended to use the heel of it as a weapon on one of the male guests. The combination of her holding it in her hand and seeing her walking in them has made me a long time admirer of springolators.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

It was the term spring-o-lators in the title of this thread that caught my eye. I was probably no more that 6 or 7 when I first noticed them. The neighbor behind our house wore springolators exclusively and I was always enfatuated by the elastic band in the shoe that helped to keep them on her feet.

But what was more memorable to me was the slapping sound that the shoes made on the bottom of her feet as the elastic pulled the shoe back into place.

I remember one pair in particular. They were black patent with a gold metal tipped heel. One evening when my parents were throwing a party for the neighborhood, she wore them. As the evening wore on, and the adults were sitting around joking and having fun, she took one of the shoes off and pretended to use the heel of it as a weapon on one of the male guests.

The combination of her holding it in her hand and seeing her walking in them has made me a long time admirer of springolators.

Actually, the role of the elastic on Springolators was to add 'spring' to the inner sock under the arch of the foot...for comfort....not to hold the shoe on your foot. Helping keep the shoe on, was a side effect really.....and boy, they sure DO make a slapping sound....mine are wonderful and really turn heads!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

As I've parped on about enough in various threads, I'm a sucker for the late 40s, early 50s style in general. Lingerie wise, I love the vintage shapewear which seems to making a fortunate comeback. As for original pieces, I find that anything worthwhile getting that's also miraculously in my size, tends to fetch a little more money than their reproduction counterparts. So, repro it is for me. As for truly vintage shoes... I only seem to like the ones that were in the John Willie Bizarre magazine... the regular styles tend to be a bit on the low side for me in terms of the heel.

Funnily enough - I have just posted a photograph of a pair of original 1950's Leopard Springolater mules, in the 'Charity Shops' Thread here. I bought them last year...and they are fabulous.

Lucky find for you. we've been on the hunt for leopardskin slides with 5 inch spiked heels. there are a pair on ebay but the wrong size. if we cant find springolators, there are other high heeled slides available. Fredericks of hollywood made a skyscraper high heeled open toed backless mule that we would die for. leopardskin lingerie and heels are harder to match than first thougth. there are 100s of leopard prints, but with different dye lots and designs. to find a matched set is quite the challenge. i would love to see the pair you fortunately acquired. i think i saw them already, but there area few differerent leopard styles made. glad to see an appreciation for the classic eternal Springos. click/slap, click/slap....droool.thx, Mr.

How is Debbie HK? Pls tell us the news about her.

Seems like she hasnt posted in quite a while. Looks like she moved on. I keep trying to contact her. Maybe someone knows her better than I can contact her?

either they love them or hate them. those who appreciate the aesthetic of a nice sexy shoe must love them. Latin women and orientals seem to have a deep liking for them. but, who knows. glad you got the eye for them pus. thx, Mr.

either they love them or hate them. those who appreciate the aesthetic of a nice sexy shoe must love them. Latin women and orientals seem to have a deep liking for them. but, who knows. glad you got the eye for them pus. thx, Mr.

Well - these are the Springolator mules that I bought:

post-1866-13352291876_thumb.jpg

...and here is the link to the photo in the other Thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/17175-charity_shops.html

You CAN get nice Leopard print mules. 'Hollywood Heels' are a good place to look, as are 'Pleaser' - who make a pretty little 5" mule with a gold spike heel - and 'Frederick's of Hollywood' often carry high Leopard heels.

Of course, if you go to somewhere like 'La-Piazza' or '6InchHeelsForever' you can have them Custom Made, but they will be 6" heels.

I look on EBay a lot as well, especially EBay Germany (www.ebay.de) and EBay US....you can find a lot of Leopard heels on those two sites.

If you want a truly beautiful, feminine design....and a 4.5" spike heel - then look at 'Brazilain Orchid'. Erika Hosoiri will make her designs in Leopard print on request, and she has some divine styles of mules.

www.brazilianorchid.com.br

post-1866-133522918736_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522918748_thumb.jpg

Good lord, I wish I had such good luck in charity shops. I had to trawl Ebay to find my leopard Springolators and it took me ages to find a cobbler who'd touch them for re-heeling. I've got fresh tips on them and they've had some shoe glue in a few needed spots and are ready for an outing. :wave: I agree that it's a bit of a pain trying to find prints that, whilst not matching, will at least compliment eachother. I've got a habit of buying anything with a hint of exotica to it, and am a vegetarian's nightmare I'm afraid. Pussyinboots, are your leopard Springolators dyed ponyskin? The actual pattern looks remarkably similar to mine, but it seems there's more going on at the front on yours than mine. I'd be interested to see the fronts too, if you have photos. They look fab on you :)

Love your leopard springolators pussinboots. Just wanted to say I have ordered from brazilianorchid a couple of times and have been really happy with the heels I got. Bernardos shoes have a couple of springolator styles,I bought the black Sprung .

Good lord, I wish I had such good luck in charity shops.

I had to trawl Ebay to find my leopard Springolators and it took me ages to find a cobbler who'd touch them for re-heeling.

I've got fresh tips on them and they've had some shoe glue in a few needed spots and are ready for an outing. :clap:

I agree that it's a bit of a pain trying to find prints that, whilst not matching, will at least compliment eachother. I've got a habit of buying anything with a hint of exotica to it, and am a vegetarian's nightmare I'm afraid.

Pussyinboots, are your leopard Springolators dyed ponyskin? The actual pattern looks remarkably similar to mine, but it seems there's more going on at the front on yours than mine. I'd be interested to see the fronts too, if you have photos. They look fab on you :smile:

Love your leopard springolators pussinboots. Just wanted to say I have ordered from brazilianorchid a couple of times and have been really happy with the heels I got. Bernardos shoes have a couple of springolator styles,I bought the black Sprung .

those shoes are for some serious mind blowing publiuc exhibition. bless you my dear

^^^ Thank you all for your lovely comments.:wave: They really are gorgeous heels, and to be honest, the heel is a lot more pointed than the photographs actually show.

Cinnamon - I have yet to have mine re-tipped (as you can see), however, I have a very good local cobbler who is a Vintage heels fan too, so he very much enjoys working on my shoes. The material I believe is pony skin, you only have to smell the shoes to know that they are real hide...not imitation...and yes, the pattern is very close to the real thing walking around in the jungleI They are trimmed all around at the edges with black patent leather and the fronts have a small black bow - so I'll take some more photos so you can see......that is, when I can remember which box I put them in!!

Barbara - Brazilain Orchid are one of my absolute favourite heels suppliers. Erika Hosoiri makes such beautiful designs, and the standard of her craftsmen's work is superb. Her thong mules are gorgeous....and her lace-up Roman strappies are simply divine. I am so pleased that you are happy with yours.

MRRIOSO - These heels will be worn out with love and pride once the little repairs have been done. They are so comfortable.....and they make that sexy 'slip-slap' sound that turns guys' heads at 200 yards!!:)

Cinnamon - I have yet to have mine re-tipped (as you can see), however, I have a very good local cobbler who is a Vintage heels fan too, so he very much enjoys working on my shoes. The material I believe is pony skin, you only have to smell the shoes to know that they are real hide...not imitation...and yes, the pattern is very close to the real thing walking around in the jungleI They are trimmed all around at the edges with black patent leather and the fronts have a small black bow - so I'll take some more photos so you can see......that is, when I can remember which box I put them in!!

They sound amazing from the front too!! Mine are just plain leopard all around.

Good find!! :wave: