First time out!!! Woo-hoo!!

dheel

Well, I finally did it!! You may remember my previous story about almost wearing my heels out. Here's the link to that post:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=1731

Well, I had plans to go to dinner with my female friend/neighbor again last Thursday - I'll call her "G". The original plan was for me to wear those shoes I mentioned in the last post - she had encouraged me to wear them out next time. Now, I had also been talking to her friend "M" about getting together for a date - I had seen her once before, and decided to call her again. Well, the only night M was free was Thursday, so she suggested we all go out together, and I said "ok", a little disappointed that now I wouldn't be able to wear my heels.

So Thursday night I went over to G's place to wait for M, and I wore my regular ugly male shoes. G asked me why I wasn't wearing the shoes I showed her last time, and I said I was planning on it before we decided to bring M along. She said "M won't care - in fact, she would probably INSIST you wear them!!" So after she twisted my arm a little, I went back to my place and changed.

I got back, and G gave me some encouraging words of approval - "Yeah, that's much better... I like them... They look great... " etc. We were still waiting for M, and I noticed that G had some new shoes on, and she let me try them on - some cute Nine West wedge high heel sandals. With my long wide-leg jeans and black socks, they looked kind of funny - my feet looked really tiny, almost like I didn't have any feet at all! But they were really fun to wear. But anyway, I put my shoes back on before M showed up.

So M finally showed up, and we went out to a sushi place. M never noticed anything until G pointed them out to her - and her reaction was "Oh wow - those are cool..." Turns out M is very cool with fetishes and unique styles - she is a free thinker, and doesn't care about tradition or the social "norm". Definitely an intelligent girl. :lol:

The sushi place was pretty crowded, but I didn't get any reactions. The jeans I was wearing were long enough to cover almost all of the heel when I was standing, but when I sat down the entire heel was exposed. Still, I never noticed any reactions. However, I was not really looking around at other people - I pretty much kept my focus on my two lovely companions. And that was probably helpful too - anyone who looked at the three of us would probably rather check out these two hot blondes than inspect my shoes! :lol:

M, by the way, was wearing a short tight dress and some nifty wooden block-heel strappy sandals, about 3 or 4 inches, I'd say. And G was wearing those wedge high heel sandals I mentioned. Now, both of these girls are as tall as me when they're not wearing heels - so the great thing about wearing my heels was that I was the same height as them!! That was really cool. When I'm out with two girls, I don't want to be shorter than them. :lol: (Ironic how wearing flat men's shoes would have been more emasculating than wearing high heels!!)

So after the sushi, we went to a bar for a couple drinks - hardly anyone was in the bar, but I didn't get any reactions there either. We went back to my place, and I showed my shoe collection to both of them, the way I had done it with G the last time. So we had a little shoe party, and it was a blast!!

I mentioned last time that G wears almost the same size as me - well, her feet are a little bit smaller than mine, so most of her shoes didn't fit me, the one time she let me go through her collection. But M, on the other hand - her feet are exactly the same size as mine!!! (Maybe just a little bit narrower - but the difference is negligible.) She let me try on her shoes, and the next time I see her, she's going to let me see her entire shoe collection! I can't wait!!!!

So that's my story. I'm still really nervous about wearing heels out somewhere by myself, and about letting my other friends know about it. But at least now I have two supportive friends I can do it with! Thank you all for this website - it has been, and continues to be, very encouraging to me.

D

"No matter what they say"

let me be the first to congratulate you... I too have a female friend who's the same size that has been very supportive and encouraging. It not only makes it easier to wear them out and to go shopping, but it makes it more fun as well. Keep up the good work - most of the limitations are in your own head. I still get a little unnerved wearing noisy heels out, but I've been progressively doing it more when I get the chance, sometimes not even caring if I have a little heel showing (though still not too much in that department either). All in due time :lol:

Do G's Nine West sandals have 1 inch platforms and quarter straps? Those are what Kathy has (she seems to be partial to that brand). I'm going to ask her to cut off the straps...looks more reckless that way.

Michael

dheel - nice one! Well done on getting out there, and what a wonderful experience! I hope it's the start of many more such experiences for you!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Now that was not so bad now was is it???

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Do G's Nine West sandals have 1 inch platforms and quarter straps? Those are what Kathy has (she seems to be partial to that brand). I'm going to ask her to cut off the straps...looks more reckless that way.

G's sandals had maybe a 1/2" platform. The only strap was a single medium-width strap across the toes (does that make them slides?), and then the wedge heel was probably 4". They were very cool. I checked the Nine West website, but they weren't there.

Now that was not so bad now was is it???

No, in fact it was really a lot of fun! :lol::lol::lol:

D I loved your story. It's the kind of story that other guys, shy of taking that first step (excuse the pun), will feel encouraged about. I look forward to hearing more wonderful stories from you :lol: Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. Keep those two fine women handy for more outings.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Dheel, What a wonderful story. And it seems, what a wonderful time you had. I am looking forward to being able to tell of my first time out. So far, haven't quite made it. My wife is supportive, but so far heel wearing has been at home. You have quite the friends! Congratulations on getting out! Lee

I like your story!!! It is FUN wearing heels outside. My wife and I have about 5 pairs of heels that we wear out together, most of the time no one notices, but when they do, the say we make a cute couple with our matching heeled sandals!! Keep wearing your heels out, after all, it is summer !!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I went out for dinner with G again - my 2nd time out. Same shoes, different restaurant, and again no reactions. But I never expect any reactions, because they are very blocky and not noticeable, and I wear long jeans. But it is so fun! G is cool with my heely interest, but she really doesn't understand it. She doesn't even like to wear heels, she just considers shoes a normal part of her wardrobe, and wears the right shoes to match the outfit. How can I make her understand my frustration? She doesn't understand how lucky she is to be a girl, and to be able to wear whatever she wants.

And tonight was my 3rd time out! I'm on a roll here, folks. Tonight I went out with "M", the other girl I mentioned in the original post. Same shoes again, and long jeans. This time I wanted to wear my ankle boots that have a 3" block heel, but they are very noisy. That's part of the attraction for me - but I don't want anyone else to hear them! So I thought they would draw too much attention, and I chickened out at the last minute and went with the same 4" loafers. This time I was a little nervous, because we went to a restaurant in a slightly shadier neighborhood - but it was a pretty crowded area, and a very diverse crowd, so I wasn't worried about physical harm, only verbal abuse. At the restaurant, they seated us in a table right in the middle of everything - very visible to everyone else at all the other tables. This is a situation that makes me extremely uncomfortable, even when I'm in my normal everday male clothes! We asked to be moved to a booth or table over on the side, and they wouldn't let us! They said they had too many reservations or something. What kind of lousy restaurant doesn't let you change tables if you're not happy with your location?? So I was stuck in a very conspicuous position - and of course the heels are very exposed because I'm sitting down and my pant legs have risen up. At one point, M went to the restroom, and I was sitting there alone trying not to be nervous. I could overhear a girl in the booth behind me talking to the guy she was with - I couldn't make out everything she said, but I heard the words, "heels on a guy?", "how does that work?", and "what's with that guy?" I don't know if they were actually talking about me, and maybe I misheard her due to my paranoia, but I was sure that's what she said. The tone in her voice was not hostile, but it was somewhat condescending, the same tone of voice one would use to say, "what a freak!" But I never reacted or gave them any indication that I heard her, and there was no confrontation. Other than that, I didn't notice any reactions at all. And I thought, "Well, if that's the worst reaction I'm going to get by wearing these shoes, then I guess I don't have a lot to worry about!" After dinner we went for a walk in a very crowded shopping/restaraunt area called the Promenade. We walked a lot - probably about 2 miles altogether - that's the longest distance I've ever walked in heels. And I never noticed any reactions at all. Granted, these are very non-feminine, chunky-heeled shoes, and I wore very long jeans - so it would be very difficult for people to notice. We even went into a couple shoe stores and looked at a lot of really cool high heels - didn't have the guts to try anything on, but even going into the store and looking is something I could never do by myself. So that was a lot of fun! Towards the end of the walk, I did start to feel some pain in the balls of my feet. But it was certainly tolerable, and a small price to pay!! So to all the guys who haven't gone out yet - it's really a lot of fun! If you wear quiet heels and long pants and go to a crowded area, you will have virtually no reactions. And even if you do get reactions, they can only bother you if you let them. And it is much easier if someone goes with you - I'm still not sure if I can do it alone. So I encourage you to give it a try if you can.