What is your favourite store to shop for shoes?

bladerunner

Thought i would see if anyone-particularly the uk-has a favourite store to shoe shop in and any downsides.My top stores at the moment are zara,topshop and kurt geiger.Great choice of shoes especially kg/topshop and decent 'sofas and chairs' to try shoes on,zara not so good on this front with only changing rooms available unless you want to try shoes on the shop floor.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Based on my overall experiences and purchases I'd have to say Baker's and DSW though I've had great interaction at Aldo I just couldn't find any of their size 41 stock that fit but it wasn't for lack of their effort. I recently made my first purchase at Macy's which I had heard a lot about. Quick and attentive, the salesgirl brought me three boxes and I tried on two pairs right then and I bought some well-made 5.5" "INC" wedge sandals for $65. Also recommended are Target and Charlotte Russe. I'm sure we all find all favorites. I'll have to remember some of these as I travel around. HappyinHeels

For me, it is Aldo and Spring Shoes (Aldo's sister company) I have the same comment as HappyinHeels about Aldo: Very few models in stock in sizes 11 if you are not early in the season. But ordering a pair is very quick: 3 or 4 days maximum. Most of their closed shoes runs narrow. Sandals and boots are OK. Springs Shoes is less expensive and their shoes are usually wider than Aldo.

I usually buy most of my shoes over the internet due to the better selection, but for an actual store I like DSW because of their large selection and the ease of shopping there. No problems at all for a guy buying ladies styles there so far.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

High Street stores would be 'Nine West', 'Faith/Solo'....I would have included 'Office' a few years ago but their ranges have lost all sense of style or class these days.

Then two independent shops in my own town that sell fabulous ranges of high heels, from 'Bronx' and 'Cassandra' through 'Pleaser' and 'Tony'.....up to 'Leatherworks' and 'Brazilain Orchid' (last two to order).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

High Street stores would be 'Nine West', 'Faith/Solo'....I would have included 'Office' a few years ago but their ranges have lost all sense of style or class these days.

Then two independent shops in my own town that sell fabulous ranges of high heels, from 'Bronx' and 'Cassandra' through 'Pleaser' and 'Tony'.....up to 'Leatherworks' and 'Brazilain Orchid' (last two to order).

I totally agree about Office. They used to be quite classy, but know seem to go overboard with too many embelishment on their shoes. I got some great strappy sandals in a sale a few years back, £5 a pair. They're so stylish. I also got 2 pairs of awesome awesome boots, one black suede, the other pair red suede.

Faith as we know have gone boobs up and I'm still in mourning, but there's always ebay for good bargains. I like Dune, but find their shoes can be a little narrow. Then again, they're not designed for guys :wave:

Oh, I nearly forgot a couple of others - Aldo and Kate Kuba.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Any that carry my size at an affordable price.

Have to agree with Loriette ... not to many high street stock 10 and 11. Makes it hard shopping on a budget :wave:

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Neiman Marcus Barneys NY Saks 5th avenue Sergio Rossi Roma Giuseppe Zanotti Roma Jean Gaborit Paris Those would be my fav stores, if I could afford to lol... For now, my heel purchases are mainly done at: - Ebay online - Zara - The Bay - Browns - Nine West - Allens Boots online - Sterling shoes

For now, my heel purchases are mainly done at:

- Ebay online

- Zara

- The Bay

- Browns

- Nine West

- Allens Boots online

- Sterling shoes

Greetings Maximilian :-)

Did not know they were selling shoes at Zara. Was assuming it was only clothing.

Do you know if they carry size 11 ?

Happy heeling !

Sounds like johnieheel and I are following each other in our quests fr heels!!

HappyinHeels

Maybe we should hook up and do a little shoe shopping sometime.:wave: Could get a few others around here to join us maybe.

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Maximilian :-)

Did not know they were selling shoes at Zara. Was assuming it was only clothing.

Do you know if they carry size 11 ?

Happy heeling !

Zara does sell shoes/boots, usually found under the clothing racks. Although I find most of their shoes/boots unappealing, they do from time to time have very nice ones. Last winter they had a very nice pair of otk boots in grey or black. Alas, I discovered them too late at the end of the season and since their shoes run on the smaller side, I couldn't find them in my size.

I did see them on Ebay but too small as well :wave:.

With regard to sizes, I've never seen their shoes/boots in a size 11, size 10 tops. If I recall, their footwear are labeled in European sizes.

I have to say that zara shoes are on the small size, generally I take a 40 but zara 90% of my shoes from there are a 41, spainish girls must have smaller feet!!! So much for standardisation Think I might take up spainish seeing as almost all there staff in London speak it! They don't always seem to understand that yes I would like to try these on! (They have changing rooms ie male and female,slightly dated seeing they are independant cubicles) just a minor annoyance had to get off my chest! When I get time must post a few pics of my recent buys from there

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

johnnieheel-- I'd also love to go shoe shopping with you. I'll have try and work it into my next trip to Pennsylvania (no tax on clothes and shoes) where my parents live. I'm not sure how close you are to PA but a few hours with a fellow forumer would be great indeed. HappyinHeels:yummy:

Yes the places that we love to spend money at, I like your reply Maximilian, the places I would if "I could afford to". Over the years I have found different places which suit my interest at the time they are; Fluevog shoes in Vancouver, as they carry my size in all footwear they sell plus some funky stuff. Gravity Pope in Calgary/Edmonton have a great selection of foreign shoe makers, Nordstroms have great selections during the year. ShoesUSA in LA, I am liking their wedge shoes and boots, and yes I have purchased from Gaborit in Paris, will do more there for sure. I have a similar list to Maxi's as well, I just keep chipping away at the shoe shop block, ....Laboutins....and others.....hmmm... Mtnsofheels

• 1 month later...