Gwyneth Paltrow in Louboutins

Not only is she so pretty and looks gorgeous in those high heels,

She is! Very. She has the most amazing legs.

but she walks so confidently and gracefully in those beautiful shoes

Well, I've been watching the video a couple of times (duh) and some others of her in heels too and I'd have to say she doesn't look very confident to me. She tends to bend her knees a bit and she takes really short steps. She doesn't really extend her back. I'd say the heels are truly affecting her walk and posture, but somehow she looks even better because of it. Maybe that's it, why she looks so amazing in heels.

If I'm honest, that's exactly the way I like ladies in heels the best: if their walk is visibly affected by the height of her heels. But that's just me.

WobbleFan

Great video, shame there's no close ups. This related one is better for close ups. She is a fan of very high heels!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She is! Very. She has the most amazing legs.

Well, I've been watching the video a couple of times (duh) and some others of her in heels too and I'd have to say she doesn't look very confident to me. She tends to bend her knees a bit and she takes really short steps. She doesn't really extend her back. I'd say the heels are truly affecting her walk and posture, but somehow she looks even better because of it. Maybe that's it, why she looks so amazing in heels.

If I'm honest, that's exactly the way I like ladies in heels the best: if their walk is visibly affected by the height of her heels. But that's just me.

WobbleFan

Hear what you're saying but think I'd have to disagree. This girl is a Pro when it comes to heels. Higher heels naturally shorten the gait and think the shorter steps also have something to do with a rather short and tight skirt

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Hear what you're saying but think I'd have to disagree. This girl is a Pro when it comes to heels. Higher heels naturally shorten the gait and think the shorter steps also have something to do with a rather short and tight skirt

Hi Partyshoes,

A very short skirt almost always offers more movement than a longer length skirt of the same style, ie a longer stride etc...A knee length pencil skirt (without a walking pleat) will definitely affect/ limit the wearers gait. In the case of the black Alexander Mcqueen pumps, sparkly black skirt and jacket combo I'd say it has to be the heels alone, that black skirt was an A-line style with heaps of movement.

It might be that the shoes are hurting her, hence the natural response is not to relax into the heels, and the knees bend more as she moves more gingerly? I've no doubt Gwyneth is superbly confident in high heels but I still doubt it was that skirt causing the problem.

The other pair of stunning lace stiletto pumps worn with a black LBD. The LBD in question still offered plenty of leg movement, it was a fitted dress but the hem was not firm, and hitting her on the upper thigh would offer free leg movement. Once again if that ensemble was in question I'd have to conclude shoes again as the problem.

Just an after thought - you tend to put your weight forward off your heels if... you don't want to slide a heel out on really slippery surfaces eg Marble floors, or if you don't want to drop a heel in a cobblestone crack etc. There were these obstacles in both video clips. Add to this a short skirt combo to increase the risk if you crash and burn... maybe caution was required?

Cheers

Heel-Lover