How healthy are you ?

This is a little lighthearted quiz from a colour supplement.

Start with 20 points and subtract 1 for every 'yes' answer.

Do you regularly see any of the following?

Homeopath, Ayurvedic practitioner, naturopath, colonic hydrotherapist, Q2 therapist? (Add one for every one you have never heard of.)

Do you have any of the following in your medicine cabinet?

Ketostix, crystals, free-radical scavengers, echinacea, Bach Rescue Remedy, a DIY testing kit (not pregnancy)? .... You don't have a medicine cabinet; add 10.

If you are out to dinner, would you pass on any of the following:

Protein, carbohydrate, wheat, dairy, citrus, yeast? If you would pass up the dinner invitation if it meant having to eat any of these, add 10.

Do any of the following words litter your conversations more than once a week:

acidophilus, allergic, ashtanga, Ayurvedic, colon, combining (as in food), crystal, detoxification, free radical, intolerant (only of foods, people are fine), ketone, probiotic, Yin and Yang. (Add one for each word you have never used).

How often do you discuss your health?

Only on a biannual consultation with your doctor whose name you don't remember (add 10)/weekly/daily/hourly (deduct 5, 20 and 50 respectively)

How many syndromes do you have:

premenstrual, irritable bowel, restless legs, Munchausen's (subtract 2 for each, 10 for Munchausen's.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scores:

20 plus .... congratulations, you have a life !

0 to 20 .... Practice positive thinking .... I am well .... I am well .... I am well.

-1 to -20 .... Lighten up !

-20 or less .... cheer up, you could soon be dead.

Xa

I seem to be really healthy since I don't do any of that freaky sounding stuff mentioned below :lol: I sometimes :drinking: a little and my body mass index is 25 point something (20-25 is ok I was told) so I guess I'm not THAT healthy but I eat healthy (although a lot :lol:) and excercise... I defenitely don't go to see a therapist or a doctor if I'm not sick/insane...! Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I think I got a 36.. I avoided my last doctor visit since I'm currently roomed up with a friend with a doctorate in medicine.. :lol: I also have another friend who's an MD and suggests that 5 drinks a day will not harm you... and who I might get to write me a prescription for wearing heels.. "Due to sever ankle fubleitus I have ordered my patient, James ******* to wear footwear that elevates the heel no less then 4" in relation to the balls of the feet"... I wonder if a note from my doctor would work :lol: Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I also have another friend who's an MD and suggests that 5 drinks a day will not harm you...

Seeya

Jim

I always thought doctors defined someone with a drink problem as anyone who drinks more than the doctor! :drinking:

Emma

I got 41, so I guess I'm healthy from that point of view. Having said that, I'm paying more attention to what I eat now, as I don't want to grow out of my jeans again!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

55 I'm into anything new that promotes health I'm sad to say and have books and books on the subject. But I'm part time as I go nuts at the weekend, icecream is a big weakness for me, and I went shopping yesterday so my freezer has an exciting weekend for me this week :lol:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Emma: shit, I'll never have a drinking problem if thats true. My roommate has a doctorate in medicine and could drink me under the table with ease.. course he has twice the body mass as I do. Of course I am Irish, so I do not drink to excess, I just celebrate my heritage :lol: seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

55 I'm into anything new that promotes health I'm sad to say and have books and books on the subject. But I'm part time as I go nuts at the weekend, icecream is a big weakness for me, and I went shopping yesterday so my freezer has an exciting weekend for me this week :lol:

Two tubs of ice-cream for three pounds... we had a very ice-creamy weekend. I didn't try the raspberry flavour - I went to open a bottle of wine, and when I got back I was told that it had been delicious :lol: . The toffee was very nice, tho'. I did wonder if I'd get any, as I had to go out and buy mushrooms...

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Two tubs of ice-cream for three pounds... we had a very ice-creamy weekend. I didn't try the raspberry flavour - I went to open a bottle of wine, and when I got back I was told that it had been delicious . The toffee was very nice, tho'. I did wonder if I'd get any, as I had to go out and buy mushrooms...

You are so cheeky and yes you were lucky to get the toffee one as we all thought you had gone to pick the mushrooms :lol:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"