Ways to hide your heels

Crazyewok

Ok my collection is 9 pairs of heels now and I'm startig to wonder how I am gooing to keep hidding my collection! My mum knows I like heels but only tolerates it and to her knowlage I own 2 pairs. If she found out about my collection she would freak and so would my dad. My freinds and ex GF know but again hey only thik I own 2 pairs as of yet as I'm easing them into it. (though they seem to be rather open minded). So what do you guys do to hide your heels. So far mine is a large sports bag in the back of my wardrobe.

I used to hide them in a large box in my closet. Sadly, this often destroys cheaper heels over time. So, I started saving the original boxes, and just storing them in those. Just keep them out of sight. Really, I think you will get past caring if your parents find out. I did.

Both of my parents did not like me wearing high heels, even men's platform shoes back in the disco era on the 70's. I also kept my various high heels in the original shoe boxes when I was still living at home and my parents never bothered looking in them. That might be the best idea for you until you move away from your parents house.

My heels are mostly under our bed and my wife's shoes/heels are under her side. some of mine are in their boxes in the basement and some are also in their boxes at our land in northern Wisconsin. They are not hidden from my wife but are not readily laying around for my grown kids to find them either.When we build our house I intend to build closet space for both of our shoes to comfortably fit into. HappyinHeels

I've gotta hide boots, mine's a little trickier. I put all my longer coats near the back of my closet, I have one of those snap together shelving units, I put some old sneakers and clothes on the bottom and left the top open for my boots; hidden behind the coats. Anyone peeking inside would think it's just some messy guy's closet. :wave:

Ok my collection is 9 pairs of heels now and I'm startig to wonder how I am gooing to keep hidding my collection! My mum knows I like heels but only tolerates it and to her knowlage I own 2 pairs. If she found out about my collection she would freak and so would my dad.

My freinds and ex GF know but again hey only thik I own 2 pairs as of yet as I'm easing them into it. (though they seem to be rather open minded).

So what do you guys do to hide your heels. So far mine is a large sports bag in the back of my wardrobe.

I don't hide my heels. They are all over the house and I am usually wearing them when people come over because thats who I am and am proud of it.

On the other hand, if you are 22 and sill living at home, ITS TIME TO LEAVE THE NEST. Then you won't have to worry about it.

real men wear heels

I don't hide my heels. They are all over the house and I am usually wearing them when people come over because thats who I am and am proud of it.

On the other hand, if you are 22 and sill living at home, ITS TIME TO LEAVE THE NEST. Then you won't have to worry about it.

Eaiser said than done when you are lumberd with uni debts and live in one of the most high cost of liveing places in the world lol

Eaiser said than done when you are lumberd with uni debts and live in one of the most high cost of liveing places in the world lol

I understand. It's really not easy anywhere now days, but I would rather live on the streets than with my parents at that age but thats just me.:wave:

real men wear heels

Don't be too naive! The chances are good that Mama and Papa are gonna find them sooner or later, either when looking for something else or just to see what their son is up to if they suspect drugs or alcohol or whatever else. Unless you've stolen the shoes, they're yours legitimately and you've done nothing wrong. You'd be far better off, in my opinion, to come out of the closet (literally), let your folks know of your passion, odd though it may be, tell them you're not alone, show them this web site (isn't the internet wonderful? You have a LOT of friends here!), and even wear the shoes occasionally in their presence, or at least leave them in the open to be seen. And who knows, maybe your father has the high heel gene, too? At the very least, they should be glad to know their son is open and honest and trusting enough to confide in them. Parents who love their sons will come to terms with their "different" behavior, whether it's long hair, loud music, tattoos, and piercings, or even a collection of high heel shoes. You will bond with your parents more closely, you won't have that nagging guilt about hiding stuff from them, and you forever avoid the fear of being found out and asked a lot of embarrassing questions. I know it's not easy for you to choose this route, but think about it from your parents' point of view. Steve63130

I love this thread! I'm 23 and have a lot of uni debts as well aned no idea where I can hide any heels. I haven't got any at the moment and haven't bought any for the fear of someone else finding them. I don't think for me it is am option for me to tell anyone because I simply don't want them to know at this moment in time and would like to keep my love of heels a secret. When I move away, rest assured I'll be straight onto ebay or into a heel shop of some sort! I love the idea of hiding heels under the bottom of a chest of drawers, I'll look into that!

ATM im at uni and have them in a suitcase above the wardrobe. However im off to Japan for a year next year and I will be leaving things at home (my parents house). I will probably put them in a box and put it in the loft and then tell my parents that its a box they wont want to look in (as my mam has asked if there was anything in boxes that she didn't want to see). Hopefully this wont just spark there curiosity.

I live with my girlfriend, so I don't have to hide my shoes from her. But "obviously" I want to ide them from our friends or my parents when they come to my home, so I keep them in a big box under the bed. I know it's not the answer you're lookin' for, but I hope you can do the same soon. (don't have to hide) ciao

Well my case had been evolving at every phase in my life, when i was young maybe 15's i used to hide them inside a furniture and at my room, between all my shit no one went there, i was lucky that my parents trusted me and let my private spaces alone and even the maid bnot to come and sneak over it even if i left a spoiled banana there for days, no one touched anything, i was clever enough to hide them inside a furniture which was needed to move the whole thing out from the wall and open the back board and there it was how i could let my only pair out. then when i was at university, i got to hide them in a box full of papers and other personal things from my school, nobody went there and it was safe. then when i got married at first i even got a collection of more than 10 shoes and etc, i had a sport bag and have them under a lock in the trunk of my car, noone went there. then when my job changed to be mostly in an office i used great part of my cabinets at my office to hide them inside a sports bag, now i moved temporaly i locked in 4 trunks with many boots, shoes, etc, in a small storage room, where i am the only one who has a key, and the only pair i got to use from time to time at my new location is hidden in my office as there is no much space at home.

V. Morpho

Hopefully this wont just spark there curiosity.

Ohhh, man.... you can bet it will! "Curiosity killed cat and women!" stands an old saying we have down here.

LOL.

I understand you guys in University can have a tough time hiding stuff. I've past those days and had little success with it. The point is, at your age, you shouldn't be hiding it; specially in a place like England where people are much more tolerant than in other places of the world.

On the other hand the best place to hide something in front of everybody.

I only hide some of my collection because of my children (not letting them know about this side of me until they get older), and due to the size of my collection being pretty large now I am not putting all of my shoes out in the open. So I have about half of my shoes out in the closet next to my wifes shoes, the rest are stashed in a large chest in the attic and several more pairs are stashed in a large sports bag in the trunk of my car for those spur of the moment times I feel I need to go heeling.

Ok so youre at or been to university then you should have STACKS load of paperwork from handouts from classes, and stacks of text books, i had these all "Organised" in cardboard boxes in a cupboard, but you can take out half of the paper and put a pair of shoes in there with the other half of paper/books on top. This works for a few pairs you dont wear often as getting to them is a pain. Secondly the "hide under a bed" idea only works well, but better if you get slide out drawers for underneath. So not only are they hidden under a bed, but at the back and inside one of the drawers too. Lockers and boots of cars are a good one too, but again annoying to get to. By far the easiest and best is the bottom of a chest of drawers, not just clothes drawers but bedside table with small drawers too. If you computer desk has drawers too, consider behind the whole table too. Ive now got so many shoes hidden, id forgotten what id got where, i now just keep some boxes stacked between paperwork out in the open, if anyone asks i just say i bought some trainers on eBay and was sent the wrong stuff, then shrug it off, no big deal. Looking forward to getting my own place though soon, could never be bothered telling the parents, afterall nothings wrong to tell them about, so why change it?

When I was in High School and living at home, in the basement was my favorite hiding spot. There was a spot in the corner above the air ducts that was a perfect hiding spot. There was no reason for anyone to go over there. So I would recomend that you find a spot in the house where you can put them that no one is going to find them.

When I was in school, I found the box spring a great place to hide things. I cut a small openning in the fabric just big enough to slip a piece of card board in. The card board was long enough to rest across the wood slats of the box spring. I was able to hide three pairs of heels.

When I was living with gf. She use to let me keep them under the bed. Only had 3 pairs then. Since I split up with her and moved back with my parents I now need to hide again. I do have a chest of drawers with locks but I as I bought the chest secondhand it didn,t come with keys.

I use to hide them under the bed or inside of a backpack but this caused damage to a few pair a patent leather boots and heels so now I just store them in their boxs and stack them in the closet with my clothes and in plain view as most think they are empty shoe boxes!