Miley just too much??

Ok, I'm kind of getting tired of hearing about Miley Cyrus now.

I was just reading a story on her latest provocative wears on stage at some concert, and it's just getting to be....well, old and/or pointless. I say "and/or" because it's getting to the point that I'm tired of hearing about her doing what she wants, above her age range; but then, it's getting to be old news. I could careless what she's wearing anymore.

But after reading the story (link poated later), and how she responds and defends her wardrobe choices..... I wouldn't want my child hanging with her, especially with a dad that looks like he could careless as well (I don't have children, btw, and thank goodness!). We haven't heard from Billy Ray since the CMAs (Country Music Awards), so it's like, 'Well, sir, what are YOU doing while your child exploits herself to the world, AND defends HERSELF and the choices SHE makes on how to show herself to the world? Huh?????"

Lemme calm down........ because I was wanting to ask everyone else's opinion on what she's doing to herself. Is it right to show-off at only 17, or should we listen to her words and see her past the image of Hannah Montana's "alter-ego" and as a totally new person?

You can find the story here: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/mileys-outfits-at-odds-with-her-disney-persona/370?nc

Formally "HHDude"

Let her do what she thinks she needs to. As Hannah Montana she was all sweet and innocent but as Miley Cyrus she's doing no different than any other teenaged entertainer does. Look at Pixie Lott for example...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Two other young female performers acted in this similar manner early on in their careers: Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan. And look what has happened to them. I guess it's just a matter of how well one handles success and keeps reality in perspective.

Here's one for you! Taylor Momsen, 16 yrs. old (never heard of her before this), makes Miley look sophisticated.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/06/taylor_momsen_wore_those_clear.html

And to go with this, Taylor who?

I honestly no idea who she is, a celeb, I'm guessing. If you separated the two, I'd like to know who... made those heels :wave:

On the subject... looks like they get younger and younger... What's wrong with the world, I'd like to know?

Formally "HHDude"

Here's one for you! Taylor Momsen, 16 yrs. old (never heard of her before this), makes Miley look sophisticated.

Just another young woman that thinks she's all grown up that will be all washed up at 23......what a shame....As the old western song says: "Live fast, die young and leave a beautiful? memory"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The sad thing is many little girls look up to the Brittney's, the Lindsey's, and the Miley's of the entertainment industry. And especially these three I mentioned don't care about the image they're portraying. They are just worried about their next performance and CD deal. Maybe that's why we keep seeing more of these clones appear.

I just threw up a bit... I am so very thankful that I do not have children (especially a daughter) to explain this kind of trash to..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Well if you want to take a good look into our history of human beings, heres a quote about the ancient egyptians.

There was no age limit as to when people could be married, but generally a girl did not get married until she had begun to menstruate at about the age of 14. Some documents state that girls may have been married at the age of eight or nine, and a mummy of an eleven year-old wife has also been found.

So we've really come a long way, back then these teens would be like ugly grandmas. :wave: Either way life is life, live it.

• 4 weeks later...

The sad thing is many little girls look up to the Brittney's, the Lindsey's, and the Miley's of the entertainment industry. And especially these three I mentioned don't care about the image they're portraying. They are just worried about their next performance and CD deal.

That's true. I leave near a club that does teenage disco's. The girls attending dress exactly like them. They are not afraid to come up to you and ask you to buy alcohol for them, which is another issue altogether. Dont worry, Miley will crash and burn just like Britney and Lindsey. I saw Miley on irish tv last year and she didnt come accross too well.

Lady Gaga bugs me as well. She was beyond annoying on Jonathan Ross (BBC programme).

Is showing skin really a big deal? We all have a body and should be proud of that! Face it, by the Judeo-christian religious teachings, Adam and Eve were brought into the world naked. They only recieved clothing as a result of sin. In my opinion, if you want to walk around nude then go for it! If you want to walk around in your underwear, go for it! There is nothing wrong with someone showing off their body. It only shows that they have more self confidence than the people who say it's wrong. If you don't like it, don't do it. We're really a group to talk, anyways! Nudity's stigma is merely a social constraint. Like the idea that men shouldn't wear heels. Maybe I'm off base, but I think those here that view it as wrong because of the ideals that have been instilled in them are hypocrites.

Is showing skin really a big deal?

We all have a body and should be proud of that! Face it, by the Judeo-christian religious teachings, Adam and Eve were brought into the world naked. They only recieved clothing as a result of sin. In my opinion, if you want to walk around nude then go for it! If you want to walk around in your underwear, go for it! There is nothing wrong with someone showing off their body. It only shows that they have more self confidence than the people who say it's wrong.

If you don't like it, don't do it.

We're really a group to talk, anyways! Nudity's stigma is merely a social constraint. Like the idea that men shouldn't wear heels. Maybe I'm off base, but I think those here that view it as wrong because of the ideals that have been instilled in them are hypocrites.

I kinda agree with you Eggnog. I'll tell you what. There's a nudest camp about 40 miles up the coast north of my place. I'll meet you there. You can tell it will be me because I'll be the only guy in the camp wearing nothing but my high heels:thumbsup: :wave::silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.