So what do we look like???

HappyinHeels

Thought about a poll but don't know how to do that so here's a question; I know most forumers post without faces but as I read some very fascinating stories of our interaction with the world in our fabulous heels I have to wonder how many of us that heel publicly (whether it's wearing heels way under jeans or stillettos not hidden at all) while wearing a mustache, beard, or having rather hairy arms. Obviously a clean shaven man who also has smooth arms and legs simply will not draw as much attention as those who have more obvious signs of masculinity. I'm am curious to hear from those that wear heels publicly the most and what happens. While I like the whole feminine look while wearing heels (from dresses to makeup and nails) I know it isn't often possible for myself as well as many here and some just want to wear their heels and nothing else. But I do think facial hair that we may wear more to please someone else has a limiting factor to our desire to heel like we'd like. What do you all think??????????????????? HappyinHeels

I dress pretty-much the same (almost always in jeans) whether I am in heels or men's shoes. The only difference is that I wear straight-leg jeans when wearing men's shoes, and slim-fit or skinny jeans when in heels. Although all the heels that I wear in public are 5" stiletto, they are all boots and I somehow feel like that makes them at least a little bit masculine, so I don't feel like I am trying to dress like a woman. I don't wear skirts, dresses, makeup, etc...I just love stiletto heel boots and wish I could wear them all the time.

I wear high heels in public with my men's clothing. I try to dress up, if you will, in either a man's suit or at least slacks, dress shirt, and sport coat with my feminine high heels. I also have a closely trimmed beard and mustach and very little hair on the top of my head which I keep cut very short. In the winter, I often sport a fedora hat with my suits that I wear. As I have said before, my look is inspired by women who wear pant suits with stiletto high heels (and some wear hats with this look). I, myself, have not cross-dressed and those who do I say go for it, have fun, look good, and enjoy yourselves.

Well like most of the guy's here have said, I look like me. I don't try to pass as the opposite gender. When I wear heel's out and about I dress no different than I would if I was wearing men's shoes. I do wear skirt's don't do the dress thing. For me wearing heels is really no different than wearing any other shoes. So I don't really fuss over what I look like. For the most part I am clean shaven legs and face. I guess I just look like me wearing heels.

I look like your average somewhat-unkempt 22 year old video game nerd...in heels. Ponytail, goatee, stubble, jeans, and a shirt with something retro or sarcastic on it, Haha. It's a fun look, when spotted in heels I've had a few people tell me that even with my heeled boots, the look "fits" for me. Why? I'll never know.

I look like your average somewhat-unkempt 22 year old video game nerd...in heels.

Ponytail, goatee, stubble, jeans, and a shirt with something retro or sarcastic on it, Haha.

It's a fun look, when spotted in heels I've had a few people tell me that even with my heeled boots, the look "fits" for me. Why? I'll never know.

Cause it's cool! and it's U!!!:wave:

real men wear heels

i like wearing skinny jeans and longish singlet tops...... i feel that this gives a hint of femininity bit it is still masculine (probably because I'm wearing it and my shoulders are board and have a solid frame)...... my hair is getting quite long now and I like it that way.... but whenever I go out with heels, somehow I always feel like a quick shave just to clean up the facial hair..... someone ask me recently whether I was going for the russell brand look..... i answered maybe without really knowing what that meant.... have since looked up russell brand and yes, I guess maybe he have copied my look lol

At work I usually wear a dress shirt, slacks and some form of boots (under my slacks) with a block heel. Friday is a casual day and the slacks are replaced with jeans. The only comment I have ever heard was from a co-worker when we had to walk to another building. He asked if my shoes were comfortable enough for the long walk. He had noticed that I liked a "bit of a heel". After work when I'm going shopping, I trade the slacks for either shorts or a skirt and the lower boots for my thigh boots with 5" stilettos. On Friday its thigh boots and jeans. Most of the places I go now expect me to be wearing thigh boots and presenting a distinctive look. I don't try to appear as a female but the other day I did realize I didn't have anything on from the guy's side of the store so sometimes the casual observer might not notice I'm a guy at first glance. I go out clean shaven and have little body hair and what I have left on my head I wear in a pony tail. I tried full CD a number of years ago and, in my opinion, failed miserably so I go out as a guy that dresses the way he likes.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

General when I wear heels I'll wear them with pencil skirts turtle neck tops, skirt suits with shirts or knit tops, shift dresses, or with skinny jeans. Most importantly I need to like the way it looks. However I can do this only on my days of when my partner is not home and when she does come home it's all off. Unfortunatly due to the work I do I have a uniform I wear, but that ok with me.

From the bottom, up... Boots, mostly "western" style with a 3+" heel.. Boot cut jeans, sometimes straight leg, about 2" too long.. usually medium-darker blue or black.. Dark, usually black, t-shirt or long sleeve dress shirt... Sometimes a necklace.. cheap junk, bead type things like you'd find in a surf shop.. Goatee.. Short hair, spikey with styling gel... Sometime's I'll wear glasses..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

What we have here is a rainbow of fashion raining down on this big blue planet!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear from our forumers. Keep it coming because the more we share the more we understand. In the final analysis it's all about self-expression, mutual respect, and the quality of life we all seek. The fashion combinations seem as varied as what women pull off all the time, it's really rather remarkable-a testament to our forumers' creativity! From Alaska to Argentina and South Africa to South Korea freedom rocks when freedom talks!! HappyinHeels:smile:

I go out and about very rarely in heels, but when i do I try to dress up all, my game (which i still dont understand, but is pure desire and emotions) is to look like a whore maybe, without being one of course, let me describe: I put on silky, shiny nylons on well tigh and of a good quality that prevent thorns, over these nylons i wear a fashion fishnet very sexy, this mixture is to feel tigh my legs and to have a smooth and sexy look, as my legs are hairy, sometimes i trim but never shave. Then i put on my shoes, either a 5inch black pump, closed in the toes, (i dont like open toe) or a 5inch spike heel and pointy black leather pair of boots depending on the weather. then it comes the good stuf, i dont like long dresses or any pants when wearing heels, i like as shorter the skirt is or the dress could be, so i use to wear either one but always very short, i try to put as much accesosories as possible which i prefer not to go in detail as this is not a TV site, but just to get an idea (fake boobs, padded underwear, long curly brown hair wig, full make up and heavy fake jewelry, and a nice purse), any way just a crossdresser not a full time TG when i dare to do all this and go out, (few times in my life ) i try to go focused on having a nice walk and nice experience, with a bitch attitude, meaning dont speak with anyone. because of nervousness and nothing else. When in my normal attire im a normal guy, with jeans and tshirt,like sports, travel, gather for beer, spemnding time with my family wife and kids, and nothing else.l

V. Morpho

• 3 weeks later...

What I still want to know, to stay on my point, is how many of us wear what we choose but with more obvious signs of masculinity such beards or goatees, mustaches, more noticeable hairy arms, etc.?? I think if you wear high heels with jeans or pants and have a mustache you don't get noticed as much as you would wearing some of the things described here with a beard. Perhaps this is purely a function of where one lives or maybe the eyes just aren't as drawn to the feet as I might think. So, whay do you all think about this?? HappyinHeels

Many years ago, long before I started wearing thigh boots in public, I wore a full beard. I was wearing boots in private though and I couldn’t get past the contrast of a male beard with female clothing. Even back then I realized I was presenting an image that society would read as female and I was fine with that. I actually liked my look with the beard but I discovered that heeling in public was fun and something I wanted to do so I took off the beard. I went through this cycle of beard/ no beard a couple of times and have finally landed on wearing thigh boots in public without a beard. When JeffB started posting here he was wearing pumps at work and sporting a nice beard. I suggested it was too much of a contrast and he tried the look without the beard. I'll let JeffB complete the narrative. Since I have started occasionally wearing a skirt the beard won't come back (it's now gray anyway). The skirt pushes my image too much to the female side for me to sport a beard. I don't present myself as female, rather a guy in a skirt and boots so I have a balance I like.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I like to go out as a guy in heels, mostly. I consider my brown boots to be like another pair of cowboy boots, worn with my blue or black riding jeans and a dress shirt. But I will often wear clothes that might pass as a lady from a distance. Much like Aerosmith's song "Dude Looks Like A Lady", I might mix it up with a red turtleneck or a silky mens dress shirt that could pass as a blouse. I will borrow a slim fitting black leather jacket, and wear my fanny pack over my shoulder like a purse. So I like to wear clothes that go well with my boots, so that people will assume that I am a female and move on. A while back, as I was leaving a gas station. Two men saw me dressed in my tight jeans and boots. One said to his friend "That's a good looking pair of boots." So they only noticed my boots and assumed I was a girl. On another occasion, a cashier at a different gas station saw my boots, and said "Can I help you ma'am?". At this point I didn't mind, but it was a thrill to me to pass as a female, since people just move on and go about their business. Of course not everyone will get that same reaction that I received since we all come in different shapes and sizes. But if you have a good figure, maintain a clean sharp image, you might be ignored in a good way.

My hair is much longer than my wife's (we both went to hair salons recently). I wear knee-length denim skirts almost all the time, and she wears only pants. I am clean shaven in the face and I shave my arms and legs. I still continue to wear standard men's shirts. Most of the time I wear regular men's sandals or boat shoes. Sometimes I wear my wedge heeled sandals. I don't make any kind of effort to look like a woman since my deep basso profundo voice would blow the feminine effect whenever I speak. When we go out for walks it must look kind of interesting - the man with long hair and a skirt and the wife with short hair and long pants.

I wouldn't even try to pull a fem look in public, I might consider doing it if I thought I could pull it off, but there is no way I would even come close to fooling anyone from the neck up. Anyway, When I do heeling in public, I tend to keep it low key, I have a typical men's shirt on top, but I do wear women's jeans all the time now (when I am not in shorts), and nobody really notices the difference. They just fit me better in every way, and the bootcut variety works well for the way I prefer to wear heels, under the jeans. Some day, I'd love to go out in a skirt and fully exposed heels like a few of you do. I have the legs for it, but I just can't picture myself being comfortable and actually enjoying the experience. I envy those that are doing it though.

I tottered around London (when i lived there last year) in my work suit with courts heels & rarely got noticed, also recently in Trafford centre (Manchester) & only got spotted twice I think. So I'd say only if you're otherwise quite femininely dressed do you get noticed.....unless you're clicking on the floor in your heels & there's no other ladies about- bit of a giveaway, although quite funny watching the blokes turning around trying to locate the lady in heels not realising it's me. Silvikrin

I wouldn't even try to pull a fem look in public, I might consider doing it if I thought I could pull it off, but there is no way I would even come close to fooling anyone from the neck up.

Anyway, When I do heeling in public, I tend to keep it low key, I have a typical men's shirt on top, but I do wear women's jeans all the time now (when I am not in shorts), and nobody really notices the difference. They just fit me better in every way, and the bootcut variety works well for the way I prefer to wear heels, under the jeans.

Some day, I'd love to go out in a skirt and fully exposed heels like a few of you do. I have the legs for it, but I just can't picture myself being comfortable and actually enjoying the experience. I envy those that are doing it though.

I suggest you go out wearing a denim skirt with flat shoes initially. Wherever many people wear shorts the skirt will not be noticeable. Then later on add the heels. I found it less difficult to wear skirts than to wear my wedge heeled sandals.

It seems there is plenty of flexibility for those who like to wear heels with one or two other feminine clothing items while wearing a mustache or beard and yet others prefer to present entirely as a woman. I suppose the point here is to be able to move freely about which, from what I've seen on these forums, isn't always limited to the larger cities. I do think as the men who read and participate in these forums get over that mental block they will go forth with their newly found courage and another slice of the world will see more men in their heels. This is how you get it done, block by block. I think we should pick some day when all the forumers here would go out shoe shopping, you're going to do it anyway, wearing their heels and knowing lots of other forumers were doing the same thing. HappyinHeels

Tonight we went out walking again as husband (myself) and wife. She was wearing long pants and flats, and she has short hair. I was wearing a dress and 2.75 inch wedge heeled sandals. I have hair much longer than my wife's. I have to say my wife does not wear dresses, skirts, or heels. If she does not wear those things I am thankful that she allows me to wear those items. I commend my wife for going out with me with my appearance.:wave:

JOHN H-- Just always remember this; unconditional love for one another should never change as we grow older or bare our souls rather it grows more intense as it is not limited by any conditions. I'm heading Up North to my land this Friday and hope to take a stroll or two around my trails; sundress, brightly-colored toes, and wedges. Nothing like the air on your legs, the sun on your skin, and the sound of a few hundred critter in your ears. HappyinHeels:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

some times is confusing what i want to express when in public, as i dont go out very often but did fully in femme for most of them, i still dont understand why is easier for me go with dress/ skirt, nylons pumps or knee stilleto 5inch high heels fully exposed, and other accesories up, such as top, wig, sunglasses, fully makeup etc, and even jewlry, since my taget is never to attract men, I feel that is a contradiction on me by doing that. In the other hand thinking going only with high heels under my man jeans etc, doesnt fullfill me and is not exciting for some reason, I feel is weird as funny as it sounds. I wear beard and mustache most of the time, but that doesnt make me express the dressing desire and fantasy for wearing high heels etc, maybe i can enjoy a complete package besides wearing high heels. On eday i went out fully dressed with a black dress for night and very classy look, like if i was to receive an oscar etc, i took the car to down town i drove for 40 minutes up and down in the lively streets where there are the cafes and restaurants and people walking around very crowded, noone noticed i was a man inside the car wearing everything as a girl, actually were some cars besides mine trying to grab my atention to talk to me they were thinking i was a real girl as from the windshield is difficult to tell the details, i felt i was having the courage to go out and walk for some minutes across the street etc, and i did, people were thinking i was a lady, i felt "safe" i didnt wanted them to make fun at me or something they didnt, i continue walking, then a couple identified me and the girl said what is that, and her husban said what? that means no one was really looking at me but girls who are putting atention to everydetail, men we are not really trying to see if there is aman or woman, and if there is nothing attractive then we just dont put much atention. After that stroll i went to a gay bar it was suposed to be a dragnite, it was posted so i decided to stop for a drink by my self and wait for the performance, there were many guys with their partners i felt very out of place and awkward as i am straigh and was alone fully in a dress and high heels etc. people started to try to id me or wanted to come to catch my atention, i felt very unconfroable, i stayed for one hour than i left, i felt there were too many guys wnated to talk to me, that is what i dont like to send the wrong message. if i were weraing my heels and in a mens attire then i will get much more guys over me for sure.

V. Morpho

It depends on my mood. I find that nowadays, I vacillate between fashion freestyler and cross-dresser. When I'm freestyling, it's reasonably obvious that I'm not trying to pass as a female. When en femme, I try to pass as best I can.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Well, I prefer being simply a fashion freestyler, even when I'm dressed from head to toe in women's clothing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Interesting thread. Let me say upfront that I have no problem with the guys who choose to dress partly or entirely in fem mode. However, as someone who most would never suspect as a guy who enjoys heels, I think I'd be right in thinking that most of our society would lump all men who wear heels with the guys who wear dresses and who do drag shows. (I really do believe we're that ignorant as a whole.) Most guys I know would say that Gene Simmons (KISS) totally rocked his boots back in the day. Most would agree that Prince pulled it off well and his look is "cool". I think most of the 45 and up crowd will say that men's 70's era shoes were cool, funky, sexy, etc. But I think it's going to take a lot more work before our society embraces men wearing feminine looking shoes, forget about skirts and dresses. Men in strappy sandals and skirts will continue to be a free freak show for most of the people of our society. (I don't endorse such a view myself.) Personally, I enjoy a well-groomed masculine look. I would see nothing wrong with most guys pairing a traditionally masculine look with a nice pair of 4" cuban heels with such a look, or a pair of 5" cowboy boots -- from my perspective, the look totally rocks. But then again, I think society would throw most heel wearing guys into the category of Drag queen, gay, freak, etc. That's my answer to the question of "So what do we look like???" More importantly, how do we make the changes that need to be made in how people view us?