What are your Top 10 Favourite Films?

I thought of starting this thread with top 5 films and found that hard so decided on top 10 but it's still actually harder than I thought as The Matrix should be in there somewhere the Die Hards, the Spaghetti's and many many others I guess I just love films hence having a collection of 300 plus videos :wink: but here, I think, are my top 10 favourites: 1. Austin Powers (or anything with Mike Myers) 2. Shawshank Redemption 3. Enemy of the State 4. Lethal Weapon (all of them) 5. Dirty Harry (all) 6. Bridget Jones' Diary 7. Revenge (Madeline Stowe, Kevin Costner) 8. Gone with the Wind 9. Pretty in Pink 10. Now Voyager (or anything with Bette Davis)

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

1) First Monday in October .... irascible Walter Matthau and goody-two-shoes Jill Clayburgh verbally sparring as Supreme Court Judges. The film contains the line ' telephone has no constitutional right to be answered', something which I frequently put into practice ! ..... more when they spring to mind Xa

Even 10 is difficult - and its nigh on impossible to put them in any sort of order. But here goes some fave films: 1) American Graffiti 2) The Italian Job 3) Monte Carlo or Bust 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Desperado 6) Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels 7) The Good, The Bad and The Ugly :wink: The Godfather 9) Goodfellas

Shrek, Star Wars first 3, Terminator, RHPS, Mad Max, Water World, Day of the Triffids, Village of the Damned. Basically anything with some action. It dosesn't have to be believable. And if there are some nice shoes to see then all the better. However action movies and heels don't go together unless it is T3 so I am looking forward to that.

I allowed myself 5 minutes to come up with this list (in no particular order). 1. Sorry, Wrong Number 2. Condemned of Altona 3. The Human Condition 4. The Out of Towners 5. Ballad of a Soldier 6. The Odessa File 7. Midnight Cowboy 8. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? 9. The Nanny 10. Play Misty for Me Here's the second list. 1. War is Hell 2. I Pianeti Contro di Noi 3. The Chapman Report 4. Night Tide 5. Dead Ringer 6. Talvisota 7. Magnum Force 8. Let's Kill Uncle 9. The Wild Geese 10. Dirty Harry

Michael

In no particular order, as I'm not really a film buff: Men in Black 1 & 2 Italian Job Scary Movie 1 & 2 Blues Brothers The Matrix Robocop ...and that's about all I can think of just now.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Can I just add... Once Upon a Time in America Shirley Valentine A Touch of Class Sea of Love Assassin Leon One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest Midnight Express Papillion The Great Escape Beauty and the Beast (Disney - in fact any Disney's) Jack and Sarah 3 Men and a little Baby/Lady Wuthering Heights (Black & White version) Jayne Eyre (Black & White version)Great Expectations (B & W Version) Twins (great set of heels in that film where one of the actresses jumps over a wall in 5" stilletos) Look Who's Talking and so on and so on

Let calm be widespread

You can certainly remind me about 'Leon', which is an awesome film. I'd also like to mention 'The Wall', which is both a film and a really long music video. Oh, and 'Young Frankenstein' and 'Blazing Saddles'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I always thought The Wall was a way for people to experience what it's like to take drugs without actually taking them... okay, that's a joke, I don't actually mean that. Still... It can be a very deep movie when one thinks about it. Lots of meaning on many little levels, but I haven't seen it in a long time, so I don't think I'd be up to speed for a proper discussion.

1 Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) 2 Saving st Ryan (Tom Hanks) 3 Game (Michael Douglas) 4 Sixth Sence (Bruce Willis) 5 Vertigo (James Steward, Kim Novak) 6 Star Wars return of Jedi 7 Pohjanmaa (Parikka) 8 Talvisota (Parikka) 9 Highlander I 10 Indian Jones and the last Crucade (Harrison Ford)

Forest Gump is excellent in fact all of Tom Hanks films are great. I love The Money Pit, that along with A Weekend at Bernies (Andrew McCarthy), has to be one of the funniest films. I also love Big and Sleepless in Seattle (Meg Ryan, French Kiss/When Harry Met Sally, another of my fav actresses). I guess for me there are no end of films I like... maybe I should have had a top ten in each catagory :lol:

Let calm be widespread

I could list many more, but I'll stick to 10 10. Braveheart 9. Enter the Dragon 8. Someone Like You 7. Tron 6. Gladiator 5. Star Trek 2 4. Lord of the Rings(both) 3. All Kevin Smith movies :lol: 2. The Matrix(both) 1. Star Wars(the last three)

I wish I was a size 10

Where have you seen it?

I have it on VHS with English subtitles. Very graphic and realistic. Firearms collectors will appreciate the authentic period weapons including the m/28-30 in the opening scene.

In the scene in the bunker, the cat is called "Kissi" which I guess means "pussy" in Finnish.

Michael

im not sure i can pick just ten, or in any particular order, if its in my video library, its one of my favorites...

Seems that I'm the same as you :lol: it's harder than I thought because I like different films according to my moods. Maybe I should have done the tread as top ten artists! Now there's a thought!

Let calm be widespread

In no particular order (most recent versions, unless otherwise stated): 1) The Last of the Mohicans 2) Robin Hood Prince of Thieves 3) The Thirty-Nine Steps 4) Invitation to the Wedding 5) Hopscotch 6) Hackers 7) Down Periscope :lol: The Long Kiss Goodnight 9) The Alamo 10) Paulie 11) Silence of the Lambs 12) Dirty Dancing 13) Klute 14) In G.O.D. We Trust 15) Blazing Saddles 16) Enter The Dragon 17) The Sweetest Thing 18) American Pie (1) 19) Starship Troopers 20) 10 Things I Hate About You 21) The Princess Bride 22) The Outlaw Josie Wales 23) The Craft 24) The Mask of Zorro 25) No Man is an Island (~1945) 26) Men At Work 27) Lord Jim 28) (a J-Lo/George Clooney flick ~1998) 29) 9 to 5 30) Coal Miner's Daughter 31) Pump Up The Volume 32) Kelly's Hero's 33) M.A.S.H. 34) Gleaming The Cube 35) The Cutting Edge Sorry, got carried away there! :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I'd never figure out the top 10.. but the first 10 I can think of that I've watched multiple times recently: Matrix (turned up very loud) fight club fear and loathing in las vegas Seven Trick Airplane Falling Down Stop making sense (Talking heads concert film) Resident evil (once again loud enough to piss off the neighbors) The substitute (I've done work at that high school)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Here is My Top Ten List: 1. Caddyshack (My all-time fave movie. I watch this movie before any round of 'gawf') 2. National Lampoon's Animal House 3. Bachelor Party 4. This Is Spinal Tap 5. American Pie 1 6. Airplane 7. Old School 8. There's Something About Mary 9. Stripes 10. Platoon

My faves include movies with some degree of fetish of hot styles/action. 1. The Matrix (original) (leather/martial arts/guns) 2. Tie me Up, Tie me Down (bondage) 3. Big Trouble (Great toe sucking scene) 4. Bound (Hot lipstick lesbians/mild BD) 5. The Phantom (Great costumes/scenery/action) 6. Blade Runner (Sci-fi meets Fetish) 7. Minority Report 8. From Dusk til Dawn (vampires, toe sucking) 9. The secretary (?) (James Spader as a sadistic boss) 10. Cat People (Felines and bondage/sex)

• 3 months later...

1) Midnight In The Garden Of Good & Evil. 2) Sabrina w/Julia Ormond & Harrison Ford 3) Shawshank Redemption 4) Absolute Power. 5) Brigadoon 6) . . . And The Band Played On. 7) That's Entertainment! :( Being There 9) Flawless 10) Wisegirls

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree Anita,what a superb movie.

Although I agree Shawshank is a good film, I admit that at the beginning of the year I had a couple of hours laid back in the dental chair for a root canal treatment and they had Shawshank on the video goggles but I got fed up with the slow pace after a while and switched over to the live video feed of the work going on in my tooth. More immediacy!!!! :rofl:

/I

/I

Now there's a trigger....... I worked with a guy some 20 years ago who was a dirrect decendent from the Karral of Shakka Zulu. Mike and I were great friends.. both he and I went thro a number of scrapes together.A solid chap with real sand. I hope life has treated him kindly.

1. Matrix Trilogy (if that's allowed) 2. The Two Towers 3. Fellowship of The Ring 4. Kill Bill 5. Once Upon A Time In Mexico 6. The Good The Bad And The Ugly 7. Paint Your Wagon 8. Dances With Wolves 9. Pirates Of the Carribean- Curse Of The Black Pearl 10. The Guru (Go figure!) Ruth and I usually try to get to the cinema once a week and sometimes we'll see two or three films.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.