Heels on rough ground - why do people think I will fall?

Here is a topic for discussion - have you ever been wearing heels on terrain people may think as unsuitable, and have you been warned? Do peop,e wonder why you wear heels in tough spots or do they think you will fall and be injured? I have decided to just be better in heels and I have been wearing them all over, four inch post heels on icy ground. It's soft ice, things are melting. But I tromp about in my heels and do not care. People wonder how I can walk in such shoes, and tell me to be careful, all the while wondering why I wear what I do. Sure, I like the attention. :smile: Strange then, how I manage well enough, and men in flat manly shoes have little slips on the ice. I am thinking I should go stiletto for this type of ground and allow my heels to dig in and keep me safe. Honestly, I have no trouble staying on my feet while walking on grass or melting snow or ice. The endurance part needs a bit more work, yes. However, that is only because I had to walk at a good clip to keep up to some other people I was with. We were going to a special place for a company meeting. Secret new internet service that they launched on Valentine's day. So today I can mention it. Hooray. I have rambled enough. Share your experiences! Do people tell you not to wear heels in some of the places you go? Do people worry about you? And do you wear heels on these terrible terrains?

Your right. I have the great unwashed telling me not to wear HH on rough ground although it's not snow or ice, never seem to get that in Oz. I suppose I can have a bit of a problem on soft ground especially with stils, but I'm smart just try to minimize that occurance. Take care all, Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

i and my s/o both wear stiletto heels over soft ground and have no trouble at all. on hard packed snow the heels dig in and actually provide a little stability. so each to his own.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I've had to walk on soft and rough ground and managed ok, did get blisters though, just not used to it I suppose! Got to say I prefer flat boots when out in rough terrain, but each to there own :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

When visiting the USA two years ago I took the oportunity to make the tour at Meteor crater in Arizona. The guide warned us we needed solid stable footwear for the walk within the crater sides. After looking at everybodies shoes he decided 2 candidates couldn't join because of inadequate footwear. I was in the group with adequate wear although I wore my recently acquired platform wedge boots. I also used those later that day when touring the Grand Canion. I never turned an ankle and wore all kind of heels on uneven grounds all over the world.

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-02-17 15:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-02-17 15:49 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 3 months later...

I think it differs a bit of how high your heel is and what's your maximum hight. e.g. If you normally wear 5" stiletto's and on rough grounds you wear 4" stiletto's there should be no problem. But If you normally wear 4" stiletto's and some times you wear 5"than a 4" heel can be verry hard to walk in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... I have heard of this one before... Especially when it comes to staircases and escalators in shopping malls. My male friends offering their hands for support. Hey ! I am not falling !!! :smile:

Cheers,

Nata