Do you only like heels?

aussieheels1

Personally, my initial fascination/attraction or the desire or want to wear was heels only.... i suppose if I can only have 1 pair of alternative footwear (ie non male classified shoes), I might as well go the extreme and buy and own and wear the highest pair of heels possible...... However, over time, along with fashion trends and what not, I have open my love to all type of female classified footwear, be it ballet flats to simple sandals/thongs to kitten heels, to sports/leisure shoes...... I find that my joy and excitement in being able to wear any of them (in particular in public) to be similar, well probably not as strong as wearing a 5 inch pair of stilettos heels/boots, but still a great (excitement) feeling to be walking around in a pair of ballet flats or casual shoes which were obviously designed for females...... As much as heels is the biggest attraction to me, i find that it may be because it is due to the fact that it is so obviously feminine.... even though I like to think that if it is common place for male to wear them, i would still love them for their style...... Here's the question...... do you only like heels and only want to wear heels because they are heels? or is it because they have a femininity associated with it, or is it because they are taboo for male to wear, or do you (like me) like wearing anything that you know was designed for females (I also love wearing female jeans and tops but that's for another thread).....

i definately get what you mean aussieheels. I like women's flats too, although i don't own any, i wouldn'y mind picking up a few pairs. I don't think i'd feel the same about womens sneakers/trainers. I do like my Nike high tops ALOT, although if a pair came out that were slightly fem, i'd have no issues buying them for myself if i liked them enough. I think women's flat's look really good with a nice pair of jeans, and i'd definately wear them in public, but then i figure, if you're gunna get looks for wearing women's shoes, why not go all out and wear a pair of sexy heels instead? i guess practicality is the only reason..

For me its different and very definitely limited to high heels. I don't have an interest to look softer and more feminine. I prefer the more masculine styles and when I go out tend to wear stiletto boots, high heel cowboy boots , jeans and leather jacket. Maybe deeper down its because I believe i'd never pass as a female (not even close), but also because its the dominant aspect of high heels that appeals to me.

Aussieheels1, for me its heels only. I like the look and the feel of stiletto heels. Also the sound they make when I walk in them is also an attraction. I have no interest in wedges or strappy sandals. Taking it a step further, I prefer boots over pumps.

I only like high heels, prefer pumps with stiletto heels over 5 inches. But I also own one pair of wedges (I found them in room full of stuff that was going to be thrown out in a theater, brought them home instead:) The wedge is narrow and about 5 inches high, at the base it is around 5mm wide. And it has a steel tip :)

Good question aussie. I too only like heels. Don't like sandels or open toes or bows. I do have a variety of mary janes ( my favorite) and diferent heels from stiletto to block. Don't care for regular pumps, must have straps. Also have 6 pair of boots with 4" heels up. I like strappy close toe heels but not pointy. I do love seeing everything else on women but not flats. Gotta have a heel. TU.

real men wear heels

Heels, wedges. Generally I like buying shoes/boots (especially help my wife in shopping) no matter if they are made for male of female. But other kind of shoes doesn't attract as heels does. I mean I probably won't buy female ballets or snickers, probably because I don't match them with sexappeal, they are just shoes but that doesn't mean yet that I don't like them and more...it doesn't mean I don't like male shoes. I don't know if you know what I mean :wave:

I like them all. If you saw my pics of my collection, I have boots, flats, high and low heels, all kinds of sandals, and some platforms. I wear what I am in the mood for. Right now I'm wearing my white flats. So, no, I don't only like heels.

In general, it is heels. But I have owned in the past a couple pairs of basically flat shoes (they did have a very light wedge like heels of probably no more than an inch or so). Actually, I find that it is the feminine style that I am attracted to, and for the most part the shoes I choose would certainly be "dress" styles. The flats were black patent leather, low cut, with a bow on the toe, so there was no mistaking that they were in fact women's shoes! I do occasionally try on a pair of flats, but haven't bought any. Casual type shoes or athletic type shoes hold no thrill for me.

I'm a guy who chooses to wear the footwear that satisfies the integral desire of the entity that is me. Whether the heels range from flat to very high for my physical limits, if the styling fits within the qualifying area of choices I prefer, then it is my right and duty to myself to wear them. Now, everyone else should wear whatever style of footwear that puts a twinkle in their eyes for the same reasons I have. After all, people have their own set of desires, talents, and points of identity particular to them. It's a shame society thinks it has the power to choose what everyone should like or prohibit. It is impossible to know what anyone else is really thinking about all the time. Our individuality is the most precious fact of our existence. Forcing people to conform to someone elses idea of perfection may be alright for general purposes, but it's the person who knows what is within their psyche, how well they can fit into these man-made ideals.

I think I'm very picky about what shoes I like. As far as shoes that you find in the women's section goes, they must be stiletto heels, and I'm very fussy about the shape of the heel too. The lines must be perfect. In some sense, these lines are the most attractive bit about wearing heels. I need to feel perfectly elegant.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I'm into ballet flats as well, and I really like all shoes with lower heels provided the heel is still a small stiletto styled kitten heel. I have flat sling-backs, flat ballet pumps, kitten heeled pumps etc.... The only thing I don't have is anything with a platform (even 5mm is too much), any wedges or block high-heels. Cheers Heel-Lover

For womens shoes, it's heels or nothing for me, and always a really sexy, ultra-feminine stiletto for around the house. For street-heeling, I don't do pumps or sandals, period. I only wear these, and always with a comfortable pair of jeans.

When I'm not in the mood to go out in heels, I love wearing these. They are, hands down, my favorite pair of mens boots I've ever owned.

He's a pic I took shortly after I started street-heeling a couple years ago. I'm wearing the Raven's I linked to in the first paragraph above.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Hi aussieheels1,it would seem we are both in the same boat,when i read your thread i thought it was my thoughts exactly! when i'm out and about shopping etc i will check out all the styles,sometimes its just the type of material and craftsmanship that can make the difference,but i will say that the only style i have never bought or find that attractive are kitten heels,they just dont appeal to me at all,i do go through phases though and at the moment love clog style shoes just got a great pair from zara recently and they are very hard to remove! lol

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I like to wear Stiletto and wedge heels in different styles. I do enjoy wearing them out with his/hers style jeans . The feeling of being feminine or not mostly depend on the style and color of my shoes.

For me it has to be shoes, not boots. As for the heel, anything from flats up to about 3 inch heels. I will wear womens loafers rather than mens, they are more comfortable being lower cut. Anything feminine basically.

In addition to my heels, I have a pair of moon boots and the sandals I wear all the time are Birkenstock thongs that were made for men but are far more commonly worn by women. In general women's clothing focuses on feel more than convenience and I like that. Whenever I can integrate something from the feminine repertoire into my wardrobe, I do. -MJ

I love stiletto heels in almost any situation-the look and the feel of them are just incredible. Liking the outdoors though I always keep some wedge heels close by for walking around off the pavement. I like to show my polished toes where possible as well.Being only 5' 8.5" tall and blessed with great balance allows me to go for higher heels (5"-8"). I feel lucky for that. HappyinHeels

well, I to wear (which I did today by the way) my black FLAT gladiator sandals out like to the movies (I saw TOY STORY 3) on occasion:smile:

The only womens shoes I'll ever wear have to have these features. 1)Heels at least 5" high. 2)They must be black patent in color. 3 (and most important))They are open toe, not closed or even peep toe.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

I do like all sorts of fem shoes from flat gladiator sandals,toe loop sandals to heeled sandals and to womens sneakers which i wear a pair of womens reebok freestyle Hitops to work most days. Even womens thongs I have a few pairs of different styles. Photo of my toe loop sandals I wear out in public!

post-23840-133522917077_thumb.jpg

I do like all sorts of fem shoes from flat gladiator sandals,toe loop sandals to heeled sandals and to womens sneakers which i wear a pair of womens reebok freestyle Hitops to work most days. Even womens thongs I have a few pairs of different styles. Photo of my toe loop sandals I wear out in public!

Thong sandals we hope you mean? :wave:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!