Do you only like heels?

aussieheels1

Really interesting question, and I guess now that I think about it, I agree with what most have already said. It seems to be all about the heel as feminine looking flats don't really appeal to me too much.

Hi Aussieheels1, Like you I have, overtime, become a love of all type of "female classified footwear" I think from an early age I knew it was not only heels I liked but all types of female shoes. All shoes create an excitement be it heels or not. Matt

Hi Aussieheels1,

Like you I have, overtime, become a love of all type of "female classified footwear" I think from an early age I knew it was not only heels I liked but all types of female shoes. All shoes create an excitement be it heels or not.

Matt

I am like zepan. I also like all types of female footwear. While I do mostly wear heels, I also like to wear woman's flats.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

hey guys.... for a while there I felt quite alone in this.... with a majority of you all only interested in heels and no other female shoes.... then the last few replies came through making me less lonely..... i find it interesting how even we all have a similar interest, the actual interest may be quite different in why and how we are/got interested..... i've always associated heels (as much as I want it to be accepted as a part of the male wardrobe) as extremely feminine and thus cannot understand why some members here on the forum are happy to discuss heels and wearing them but draw a line when discussion moves to other feminine attire..... that never made sense to me, but i guess judging from a lot of the response to this thread, everyone must have a different association to what heels represent.....

I love jordans, air force ones, and every once in a while i like chuck taylors, but i strictly prefer thin and very high heels. If society allowed men to wear heels, then there is no doubt in my mind that I would own nothing but thin and high heels. I have always had an affection for stilettoes even before i was 10 years of age. The feel, sound, and sexiness of wearing the highest heels is a HUGE rush for me and no other type of shoes can do that for me.

I appreciate pretty much all styles of women's shoes. If I can find it in my size, and I think it's stylish, I'm going to buy. This has given me flats, gladiator sandals, wedges, pumps, business pumps, oxfords, etc...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Aussieheels1-- I wrote recently about my first chance in a few years to out fully dressed to the Mall of America. Off came the mustache, on went the nail polish and jewelry and most satisfying of all, on went my 5" wedge sandals. Sling the purse over the shoulder and in I went. I may have just as well worn only my wedges in complete boy mode like many here do. A lot of forumers incorporate some other "feminine" items with their heels while others don't. We ALL like heels which is the common denominator of this site and I enjoy seeing men and women talk about their love of heels. I could talk as easily with the one that is only interested in wearing high heels as easily as I could talk to the one that wears high heels, dresses, etc. It may be a hobby but it is most assuredly our IDENTITY and we should exercise our freedom to talk about it. How much other feminine attire we add to our heels may be a reflection of how closely we identify with women but it's just our way of expressing ourselves among the billions of poeple on this big blue planet. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

happyinheels: i definitely agree with you that we all have our individual way of expressing ourself through what we wear..... I suppose I was more shock (maybe shock is too strong a word) that there are so many on this forum that would absolutely draw the line at wearing high heels and nothing else that is traditionally associated as feminine because they say they don't want to be feminine or even to the point that it's crazy for us (or me) to want to do so.... when I associate the heels as a much more feminine symbol than a lot of the other items...... but each to their own i suppose.....

well, i love heels, flats, skirts, dresses, you name it THE LOT! and i like the fact that i enjoy wearing that stuff :wave: makes me the person i am, but doesn't change my personality. I'm still the same person i am while dressed in jeans and a hoody as when im wearing high heels and a dress.

I don't limit myself fo heels; I also like male formal shoes or boots, e.g. cowboys. The only real 'necessary condition' is that these shoes/boots look stylish.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you only like heels because of your feminine side or your desire? If you wear your hair short, are you trying to appear female or male? Liking alot of bling bling makes you the man or does it? Hot pink cars with hydraulic rear shocks and tinted windows says you it, unless you wear a cape and have a pet parrot on your shoulder. The stereotyping of the genders plagues the society who professes to follow it, because they aren't correct much of the time. When we notice any mannerisms and /or appearances that doesn't fit the way we have been programmed to comprehend and relate to ourselves and other people, we immediately slide the impression to the weird section of our storage data with the notation that these thing are wrong. The rules and standards of society are necessary to maintain a level of decorum, but these self-appointed controllers have overstepped their boundaries into people's personal space. So, it has become a common practice for everyone to assume they have the authority to run someone else's life, as they find or create the position to do so. However, when society became involved with choosing the way a person should be like according to these stereotypes, it ursurped the rights of everyone to completely be themselves. No longer could any one choose items, ornaments, or apparel that they felt like using as a way of self-expression. In the name of civilization, people were motivated to conform or risk being persecuted or excluded. Now society had the power to control the way people do things and the rules and standards were setup to enforce these man-made ideals to make them appear the way it should be. If I forced my ideals on everyone like society is doing to each one of us, there would arise such a local rebellion, I'd be ousted for sure. It's the ingrained familiarity and people unwilling to realize and correct this faulty social system, that keep us in fear of being nonconformist. So choose the outfit you are comfortable wearing and if it includes high stilettos or ballet flats, it's your right to choose what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

provide, heels to be exceeding say 4" high, pointed shape heel matching to a pointed toe end, the whole shape nice looking, say stiletto Italian style for example: then any sort of boots, pumps or sandals may be loved to see, wear or even hear walking song too!...

be honest now, having found thier footwear nicer, isn't there a nagging thought that maybe, just maybe, some of thier underwear and outerwear may feel a little special too?. I'd bet most of you have tried something, but the old reserve has kicked in and results in denial. Well, if not, at least we have this site for shoe lovers.

totter along into history