Shoe Repairers

So, I'm trying to remove the heels to my thigh high platform boots. The pic below shows the kind I have. They're six inches high, but now, after much thought, I want to turn these boots into heeless boots (pony style, per say). I started cutting of the heel to one boot yesterday, and has since made much process. I keep telling myself, "Maybe I should take it to a shoe repair shop." But then, I start thinking of the price it would cost just to remove two heels from shoes, while also making it look like they were naturally made that way, so I was thinking.... "100 dollars easy for that." And I don't have that money....now. Are their any alternate and quicker means to achieve my goal? Or do I have to grit, and bear the cutting myself?

post-5877-133522916083_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

It may pay you to wait until you can afford to go to the repairer.

The difficulty you will have, is the nails/screws that are punched very firmly into the heel from the top of the heel inside the boot...they go down about 2 to 2.5" into the heel itself.

A GOOD Shoe Repairer, will remove the inner sole inside the boot, and then use a special tool to heat the nails so that they pull out easily....then he will cut the heel where it is glued to the rest of the boot, and remove the entire heel as one unit. Leaving a heel-less boot.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

And once he has left a heel less boot, you will find that it will look rubbish where the original heel block was as the sole won't cover this area, you will probably need to get them through soled at the same time. Even then because of the shape of the boots, they will not be easily worn as a heel less boot as the balance will be wrong. Stand on a few books with them on & the heels of the edge & You'll find it almost impossible to balance them.

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

There are one part (sole and heel ). When you undo the heel with a saw , there will be a hole where the heel begins on the foodbed . I have done this on a pair of pleasers , and must adjust the shape with a lime . It is easely to walk with the boots without the heels . As long as the boots have a snug fitting . Prutske255

I personally would remove the bulk of the heel with a saw or a hot knife. Then use some kind of 'filler' and sand everything down into a smooth flowing shape. Then you will need to paint the whole one piece heel and sole unit. Bubba. He's trying to make some pony boots. Cheers, Ben

What on earth are you trying to do, HHDude?

Bubba. He's trying to make some pony boots.

Cheers,

Ben

Yeah, that's basically the gist of it. Trying to make pony boots in an effort to have "custom-made" pony boots.

That answer, or I'm just sick of the heel being on there :wave: It UTTERS ME! Haha.

Formally "HHDude"

^^ You will be lucky if this works....as once you have removed the original heel, the boot will not have a strong enough shank to take the stress.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 3 months later...

HHDude. Wish I had been a member back in June. You could have sent those boots to me and I would have had the heels removed. I have a pair of shoes with a broken heel and I need a 6" replacement heel. Then return them to you without heels. Everyone wins. Mike