Are these real Louboutins? Also, question about "Hottie" style.

Saturn

Take a look at this eBay auction for Pigalle, size 42. Do you think they're real? The price is definately real, heh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CHRISTIAN-LOUBOUTIN-Pigalle-Black-Patent-Pump-42-12-/200482519476?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2eadb079b4

Also, what happened to the Highest Heel "Hottie" knock-off? Looks like it's out of stock nearly everywhere!

I would love a pair like this, but I feel as though I waited too long...

Thoughts?

I don't believe I would ever buy such an expensive pair of shoes through eBay. $699 is a lot of money and even though you do have eBay's buyer protection plan and the statement on the eBay item sales site that claims that they are 100% authentic or if they're found not to be "the real thing." they will refund 200% of your money. (That is the first pair of Louboutins in a size 12 that I have ever seen. Heretofore, the largest I've noticed has been a size 10 USA woman's.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Saturn, I you are willing to buy a pair of Pigalle 120 I would go to Net-A-Porter as they will charge you only $565 + $35 of shipping; and you are sure that they are originals. I got them in February and they are still on line. Maybe you have to wait until they replace the missing numbers. Louboutin has been making a lot of fuss about the knock-offs and the fakes so maybe they have taken them away.

There are a few things to look for when spotting a fake Louboutin. Two of them can be found on the product page for those shoes: * It's important to stress on the official Christian Louboutin site that they currently don’t sell their products via the net. There are plenty of authorized retailers around the world that do sell the Louboutins, but if the order is coming out of China or Thailand, then the shoe is fake. The seller on that product page is in Hong Kong. * In big, bold, red, underlined print is a statement that reads, "There are too many fakes on eBay. Beware of what you bid. This pair is 100% authentic or 200% of your money back". Just a few lines below that, under the size, color, and condition of the shoe, is another statement that reads, "All sales are final. No returns." Those shoes are fake.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

* It's important to stress on the official Christian Louboutin site that they currently don’t sell their products via the net.

I believe this is new. There were several sites that retailed through the Internet with Louboutin's aprooval.

Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, Netaporter, Luisa ViaRoma were all included in their site as retailers, including Internet. At least by March 2010.

* In big, bold, red, underlined print is a statement that reads, "There are too many fakes on eBay. Beware of what you bid. This pair is 100% authentic or 200% of your money back". Just a few lines below that, under the size, color, and condition of the shoe, is another statement that reads, "All sales are final. No returns." Those shoes are fake.

I managed to miss seeing that, SandalFan. Also, I've read comments from others that have bought the "real thing" from reputable Department Stores, i.e. Macy's, etc., that the sizing is not true to standard. They run a little small. If that is the case, then I wouldn't purchase a pair unless I tried them on first. We are all aware of how important the "fit" is so to me, the fit is doubly important since they are so expensive.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I thought a 43-44 was a 12?

In italian sizing 42 is usually classified as 12 by vendors. You should check them personally if you have the chance, as Bubba says; Louboutins are weird in sizing and a 42 can be many sizes but a 42 depending on the model.

In my case, I'm a 42 and I bought 41.5 and runs perfectly as the fashion adviser suggested. I sent my foot measurements and they answered asap. They are narrow fit, though. The Decolettes I have are 42 and they are a bit snug.

I also have a pair of Atwood's that are 41 and run well. Trying them on is the best way.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I have no idea why I didn't look at the seller's location - "Hong Kong." :wave: Definately fakes. And Net-a-porter has the Pigalle in size 42, as well. If I could only get myself to drop that kind of coin on ONE pair of shoes... heck, I don't even think my entire collection equates to that.

• 9 months later...

It's also worth noting that CL's own website has a lot of the shoes available in a size 42, which is roughly equivalent to a UK 8, which I would say is closer to a US 10.5. Why does shoe sizing have to be such a lottery? Surely ISO could come up with something.

I want to buy Daffodiles in size 42 but I'm wondering if they are going to fit perfectly or be too tight. I usually used to buy US 11 from Pleaser and they were always ok. One of my Aldo (Franchette style) are UK 9 but are a bit too tight. I just got Leatherworks OTK boots (pictures shortly!!!) in UK 9 and they are a bit too narrow but good in size. Now I'm wondering how CL's are going to fit. Paying 800€ for shoes through the Net and getting too tight ones is not a nice idea.

My Decollete 42s are close to a 11.5 US. My Pigalle 41.5 are a 42, which would be a 12.

I know I'm a UK 7.5 / EU 41, with a possible half size variance either way depending on style / manufacturer as EU sizes are fairly common in the UK. I've never really gotten my head around US sizing though, and the fact that no two conversion charts seem to agree doesn't help.

It does sound like CL is using a scale all their own though! If I can ever afford a pair I'll just have to go and try a few pairs on to check the fit. :smile:

Yeah, @chris100575, that would be the best option. But I would have to go abroad to check the shoes and due to my foot, I don't have any certainty I would find the shoes I'm looking for exactly in my size. Furthermore, the CL shoes do vary in their sizing across all models so you never know if you're targeting the right size until you try them on :smile:

Well, Chris, certainly there's no standard. I wish there was. It's a bit disturbing that you get one size difference in the same brand :smile:. There are many conversion tables and not all of them agree. Fortunately Italians have joined the same scale as US if you subtract 30 to the first one.. The only way is to try them on. Each time I ordered through the web, I consulted the sites fashion advisor. I must say I wasn't very confident until they arrived and tried them on.

In italian sizing 42 is usually classified as 12 by vendors. You should check them personally if you have the chance, as Bubba says; Louboutins are weird in sizing and a 42 can be many sizes but a 42 depending on the model.

In my case, I'm a 42 and I bought 41.5 and runs perfectly as the fashion adviser suggested. I sent my foot measurements and they answered asap. They are narrow fit, though. The Decolettes I have are 42 and they are a bit snug.

I also have a pair of Atwood's that are 41 and run well. Trying them on is the best way.

Well, this is a super late reply, but the italianheels I ordered were a 46, and they are a bit snug. I'm sure they would stretch well being that it's made from some very high quality leather.