NEXT EURO-MEET, PARIS, FEBRUARY 2004

Heelfan

OK folks, we've all chatted-around the notion fairly thoroughly. If this is gonna happen, then it's time for concrete PLANS. Firefox has ascertained that Saturday 7th Feb is the last day of the Paris sales. I'm not free in January, but I can make the dates that I originally suggested earlier in this thread:

EURO HEEL-MEET, PARIS, FRIDAY 6th to SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004:

FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY 2004 - ARRIVE IN PARIS IN EVENING.

SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2004 - SHOE SALES ETC. IN DAY AND MAYBE FRENCH CUISINE AND SHOEIE SHOW/NIGHTLIFE(?) IN EVENING.

SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004 - SIGHTSEEING/ART GALLERIES/RIVER TRIP ETC. IN DAY AND RETURN FROM PARIS IN THE EVENING.

First and foremost, we need a LIST of interested attenders from UK, FRANCE, HOLLAND, BELGIUM, GERMANY, SCANDINAVIA, SPAIN ETC. Please post your names below if you want to come. Nobody except Firefox has intimated that they are coming so far, so post your name in the next week or two, otherwise it ain't gonna happen.

ALL GUYS AND GALS WELCOME (HEELS NICE BUT NOT COMPULSORY!)

Our thanks to France's Stilettos and to Basvoilelover for their kind information about shopping in Paris. Basvoilelover - I play the bass viol! Are you coming to the meet?

Don't forget everyone, I know it's busy as we approach Christmas, but WE NEED TO HEAR FROM ATTENDERS!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfam

Hi

I would like to come, but I dont know if I can due to my course in social work. I dont know the times yet. I guess I know more when I go back to Sweden the 17th of Jnauary. Perhaps there is still time to decide to go then.

If I go, it would be a good idea if we stayed in very near places or even shared room if it is suitable. Just for cutting the cost and it is practical.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. I dont forsee too many places in Paris to find any heels but I am looking on the trip as a visit to Paris with friends. Buying heels is incidental, but I'm not going to stop looking :D I've stayed in Paris twice before, once in a Campanile in the Place d'Italie and in a Ibis in the Place Bastille. Both were reasonably priced and decent hotels. Personally I dont want to stay in a fleapit 15 miles out. :( I've had a quick look on the Ibis website and their hotels in the centre are around the 75-90 euro price per room exc breakfast. Two people sharing should work out around £25/30 per night off the top of my head. I've got some airmiles to use up, so I would either fly from Birmingham or use the Eurostar.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Count me in. I dont forsee too many places in Paris to find any heels but I am looking on the trip as a visit to Paris with friends. Buying heels is incidental, but I'm not going to stop looking :D

I've stayed in Paris twice before, once in a Campanile in the Place d'Italie and in a Ibis in the Place Bastille. Both were reasonably priced and decent hotels. Personally I dont want to stay in a fleapit 15 miles out. :(

I've had a quick look on the Ibis website and their hotels in the centre are around the 75-90 euro price per room exc breakfast. Two people sharing should work out around £25/30 per night off the top of my head.

I've got some airmiles to use up, so I would either fly from Birmingham or use the Eurostar.

Well, if I can get the whole thing buttoned down for £250 for the two of us plus incidentals I might actually make it!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It would be interesting if there is anyone from scandinavia who intends to come to the heelmeeting. I think its about time we join the Heelmeeting a little more often than we do. They are very fun and interesting and do not forget all friends you will meet there. Well, I only been to Paris once, so its more like a visit with friends as Calv said. Beeblebrox (From southern Sweden)

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all Paris Heel-Meeters! - HOTEL FOUND! Definitive details: My scrolling has revealed a hotel that appears ideal! - Fairly central to Paris and the shops whilst being vastly cheaper than others and getting a good write-up, and having sufficient rooms available (at present!): HOTEL ST GEORGES LAFAYETTE, 11 RUE VICTOR MASSE, PARIS FR 75009. RATE: £38.95 = 56 EUROS PER NIGHT PER PERSON (WHETHER IN SINGLE ROOM OR SHARING DOUBLE OR TRIPLE ROOM) QUOTED 9/1/04. BOOK NOW! AGENT'S TELEPHONE: 00 800 60 99 60 99. I have already booked my room, arriving p.m. on Friday 6th February and departing on Sunday 8th February. WHO IS COMING? So far, the "Definites" include Calv, Xaphod and Me (UK) and Robert (Netherlands). Interested "Probables/possibles" include Firefox, Dr. Shoe (and Ruth?) and Ionic (UK), Bert (Finland), Beeblebrox (Sweden), Highluc (Belgium). Is Basvoileslover also interested?. FURTHER GUYS & GALS WELCOME (in heels or not!) from the Continent - Holland, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, etc. and from the UK. SCHEDULE: FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY '04 - ARRIVE AT HOTEL IN AFTERNOON/EVENING. SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2004 - SET-OUT FROM HOTEL AT 10AM FOR SHOE SALES ETC. IN DAY AND MAYBE FRENCH CUISINE AND SHOEIE SHOW/NIGHTLIFE(?) IN EVENING. SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004 - SIGHTSEEING/ART GALLERIES/RIVER TRIP ETC. IN DAY AND RETURN FROM PARIS IN THE EVENING. See you all there, but please post on this thread to confirm that you are coming! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan _________________ Onwards and upwards!

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for your interest Robert! Nice to see you have booked your journey! Calling all Paris Heel-Meeters! - HOTEL FOUND! Definitive details: My scrolling has revealed a hotel that appears ideal! - Fairly central to Paris and the shops whilst being vastly cheaper than others and getting a good write-up, and having sufficient rooms available (at present!): HOTEL ST GEORGES LAFAYETTE, 11 RUE VICTOR MASSE, PARIS FR 75009. RATE: £38.95 = 56 EUROS PER NIGHT PER PERSON (WHETHER IN SINGLE ROOM OR SHARING DOUBLE OR TRIPLE ROOM) QUOTED 9/1/04. BOOK NOW! AGENT'S TELEPHONE: 00 800 60 99 60 99. I have already booked my room, arriving p.m. on Friday 6th February and departing on Sunday 8th February. WHO IS COMING? So far, the "Definites" include Calv, Xaphod and Me (UK) and Robert (Netherlands). Interested "Probables/possibles" include Firefox, Dr. Shoe (and Ruth?) and Ionic (UK), Bert (Finland), Beeblebrox (Sweden), Highluc (Belgium). Is Basvoileslover also interested?. FURTHER GUYS & GALS WELCOME (in heels or not!) from the Continent - Holland, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, etc. and from the UK. SCHEDULE: FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY '04 - ARRIVE AT HOTEL IN AFTERNOON/EVENING. SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2004 - SET-OUT FROM HOTEL AT 10AM FOR SHOE SALES ETC. IN DAY AND MAYBE FRENCH CUISINE AND SHOEIE SHOW/NIGHTLIFE(?) IN EVENING. SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004 - SIGHTSEEING/ART GALLERIES/RIVER TRIP ETC. IN DAY AND RETURN FROM PARIS IN THE EVENING. See you all there, but please post on this thread to confirm that you are coming! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan _________________ Onwards and upwards!

Onwards and upwards!

Regarding hotels. Two points in your favor. One is that it's dead winter in Paris and the weather can be cold and damp. The time of year alone can deter tourists. And, American's are avoiding France -- especially Paris -- this year. So, tourism is off by a large mark. Should make some nice hotels available at good prices.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Calling all Paris Heel-Meeters! - HOTEL FOUND! Definitive details: My scrolling has revealed a hotel that appears ideal! - Fairly central to Paris and the shops whilst being vastly cheaper than others and getting a good write-up, and having sufficient rooms available (at present!): HOTEL ST GEORGES LAFAYETTE, 11 RUE VICTOR MASSE, PARIS FR 75009. RATE: £38.95 = 56 EUROS PER NIGHT PER PERSON (WHETHER IN SINGLE ROOM OR SHARING DOUBLE OR TRIPLE ROOM) QUOTED 9/1/04. BOOK NOW! AGENT'S TELEPHONE: 00 800 60 99 60 99. I have already booked my room, arriving p.m. on Friday 6th February and departing on Sunday 8th February. WHO IS COMING? So far, the "Definites" include Calv, Xaphod and Me (UK) and Robert (Netherlands). Interested "Probables/possibles" include Firefox, Dr. Shoe (and Ruth?) and Ionic (UK), Bert (Finland), Beeblebrox (Sweden), Highluc (Belgium). Is Basvoileslover also interested?. FURTHER GUYS & GALS WELCOME (in heels or not!) from the Continent - Holland, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, etc. and from the UK. SCHEDULE: FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY '04 - ARRIVE AT HOTEL IN AFTERNOON/EVENING. SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2004 - SET-OUT FROM HOTEL AT 10AM FOR SHOE SALES ETC. IN DAY AND MAYBE FRENCH CUISINE AND SHOEIE SHOW/NIGHTLIFE(?) IN EVENING. SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004 - SIGHTSEEING/ART GALLERIES/RIVER TRIP ETC. IN DAY AND RETURN FROM PARIS IN THE EVENING. See you all there, but please post on this thread to confirm that you are coming! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan _________________ Onwards and upwards!

Onwards and upwards!

Happy New Year Heelfan and All. In my previous posts in this thread I've recommended 2 hotels which I have stopped in. These are the Ibis in Place Bastille, and the Campanile in Place d'Italie. Both of them are in the centre of Paris and only a short ride away from the shops (sort of like Euston to Bond Street distance) These have been reasonably priced and decent. I assume we would fix ourselves up with Metro tickets/carnets etc (no need to mess around with taxis in Paris) I vote we nominate a hotel and allow people to make their bookings. You can do it over the net and the big companies allow cancellation up to 4pm on arrival day without charge.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Good idea. I'm thinking it would be rather nice to travel together too. I can just imagine zooming through the chunnel with convivial company.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Calling all Paris Heel-Meeters! - HOTEL FOUND! Definitive details: My scrolling has revealed a hotel that appears ideal! - Fairly central to Paris and the shops whilst being vastly cheaper than others and getting a good write-up, and having sufficient rooms available (at present!): HOTEL ST GEORGES LAFAYETTE, 11 RUE VICTOR MASSE, PARIS FR 75009. RATE: £38.95 = 56 EUROS PER NIGHT PER PERSON (WHETHER IN SINGLE ROOM OR SHARING DOUBLE OR TRIPLE ROOM) QUOTED 9/1/04. BOOK NOW! AGENT'S TELEPHONE: 00 800 60 99 60 99. I have already booked my room, arriving p.m. on Friday 6th February and departing on Sunday 8th February. WHO IS COMING? So far, the "Definites" include Calv, Xaphod and Me (UK) and Robert (Netherlands). Interested "Probables/possibles" include Firefox, Dr. Shoe (and Ruth?) and Ionic (UK), Bert (Finland), Beeblebrox (Sweden), Highluc (Belgium). Is Basvoileslover also interested?. FURTHER GUYS & GALS WELCOME (in heels or not!) from the Continent - Holland, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, etc. and from the UK. SCHEDULE: FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY '04 - ARRIVE AT HOTEL IN AFTERNOON/EVENING. SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2004 - SET-OUT FROM HOTEL AT 10AM FOR SHOE SALES ETC. IN DAY AND MAYBE FRENCH CUISINE AND SHOEIE SHOW/NIGHTLIFE(?) IN EVENING. SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2004 - SIGHTSEEING/ART GALLERIES/RIVER TRIP ETC. IN DAY AND RETURN FROM PARIS IN THE EVENING. See you all there, but please post on this thread to confirm that you are coming! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Firefox has pointed out nearby Metro stations PIGALLE and ANVERS, but just as close is SAINT-GEORGES Metro station (which bears the same name as the hotel!). WHO IS COMING? International members please book without delay - the hotel still has sufficient rooms now, but it could fill up over the next four weeks! Having booked, please post on this thread to say you are coming. For the UK attenders, Firefox had talked reluctantly about offering a few possible lifts in his diesel car, but then said the luxury of the group travelling from London via the Eurostar express train through the tunnel instead would be a more enjoyable and quicker luxury. Let's have a great Meet! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

How much would the entire trip cost all together ?

I just got my new Dragon Micro Stiletto boots today from Banana shoes and would love to come along and test them properly...

http://www.bananashoes.com/en-us/p_585.html

I am soo totally broke I dont think I am gonna be able to afford this one, but would desperatly love to go, i was in paris only a few months ago, and its a nice place... I stayed round the corner from where u guys are going.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I've been in Paris about a year ago and it's definitely the place for a perfect heelmeet. I would love to be there, but saddly finances don't alow it this time. So I wish you all a lot of fun and will be waiting for your reports!

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hello Heelfan and all the rest I´m sorry to say I woun´t be able to come :( .I don´t have the money for a trip any where.And I have no one to take care of my labrador Zorro. There is wher th money goes in first hand.after bills I have 150-200 for food and entertanment.I ahve never been to paris though so it´s a shame to be retired for a sick spine.But to them that goes I only say:Have a great time :D Jankas

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

OK, guys, I'm up for it. Eurostar is very convenient for me (train up to Waterloo, then jump on Eurostar). Let's decide on a time to catch Eurostar and, as Dr S says, travel in company. Xa

Hi all, hope you have a great time! I shan't be attending, hotel looks good & don't do like I did last time I was in Paris. Stepped out of the taxi straight into doggy do do's :x :D . Enjoy - look forward to some pics!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

Thanks to all of you that have replied "Yea" or "Nay" so far. Xaphod - great to know that you are coming. I've added you to the list of "Definites" in my above posting. Shortly we'll establish Eurostar train departure times from London and arrival times in Paris. Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks again members for a few more "Yeas" and Nays". I've also had a few more PMs re the Paris Heel-Meet. Bert (Finland) and Beeblebrox (Sweden) are both hoping to come, subject to being able to plan their trips. Beeblebrox doesn't get back home to Sweden from Australia until 18th January, so he will assess the situation then. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!