LONDON HEEL-MEET, 4th October 2003

Heelfan

Count me in for the Sat 4th folks. got the day off work, but might have to depart from you all to catch the 6.00 train, according to the train office, if i get a later train its gonna cost another £12 for the ticket. Hows that for service eh.

Although a fairly newbee to heeling and indeed the meets, i just have never seen the point in wearing high heels unless they are high (nothing excessive) so although still shy i will be wearing my 4.5 inch block heels hidden under my jeans :lol: Also thanks to firefox for the tip of woolworths stick on rubber heels, i purchased some to make the heels quiet :lol:

Im still deciding whether to wear them from the second i get out of the car at Doncaster, or be chicken and bring a pair of trainers in a bag and change in the toilets at a tube station (eek decisions :cry:)

Lookin forward to next sat now. P.S. Hope you are kind to strangers :lol:

Daz

Don't worry, Ruth and I will probably be leaving early too. :)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Daz! We're pretty kind to strangers, in fact we're pretty kind to anyone. We're a talkative lot so you wont feel left out, I guarantee. Most people find it's a good opportunity to discuss stuff which the public are not too interested in normally. Even most girls who wear heels wont know as much as us about what's on offer this season, different styles, shoecare tips etc. But it's not all talk about shoes. We have our usual go on solving the world's problems, favourite music, or the big match coming up.

firefox, will it be worth my fetching stilettos in a bag. Im sure next to a giant of confidence like yourself i would have no problem, bearing in mind also my 1st experience was in stilettos anyway. Will anyone else be fetching similar stuff. Heelfan said people fetch a few pairs

firefox, will it be worth my fetching stilettos in a bag. Im sure next to a giant of confidence like yourself i would have no problem, bearing in mind also my 1st experience was in stilettos anyway. Will anyone else be fetching similar stuff. Heelfan said people fetch a few pairs

Certainly will be worth you bringing your stils. I feel the need to be noisy, so I guess spiky sacha knee hi boots will be worn. If you're not familiar with my jabbering about these, they have a triangular cross-section heel which used to have a nasty plastic tip ..... until I got to work with a bit of stainless steel and an angle grinder .... heh heh heh. Xa

Hi folks, Greetings from London. At the moment the weather is fairly good, I hope it will be also next saturday. I've met Xaphod tuesday, we had lunch and after that we hit the streets. He with 3 1/2" heels kneeboots above his trousers and I my 3" Barratts boots from last year's holiday to Scotland under my jeans. I walked behind Xaphod and I saw all the people who saw him immediately looked down what he had on his feet. It was amusing to see that. There were also some youngsters in the Underground laughing and trying Xaphod but he waved it away. That's a good lesson for me and I think for everyone. Remember I do it also in my own country and if you got comments you must ask that guy if he have the guts (balls) to do it! You know Daz, it's your first time but consider this : about a century ago it was wrong for a woman to wear pants and trousers, those first women were also laught at. Look around you, you see almost nothing else than trousers and pants! There are a lot of heels seen here from flat to 4" in several shapes and forms, stiletto's are number one here. Slippers, slides, sandals, courts, ankle and kneeboots are favorites here I've bought a pair of kneeboots with 2 1/2" blockheels at Magnus in Chiltern Street this week and yesterday two pairs of ankleboots at Brantano in South Ruislip. I'm alone here now and it is no big deal to walk on my own in heels, I'm planning to do so again this afternoon, it will be very crowded then in Central London. Have all a great day next saturday and I see your report. I do mine with pictures when I'm back home. Robert.

hi xaphod nice to finally speak with another 'legend' so to speak. just wanna ask, ionic said you waved off a group of teenagers that was laughing. In what way do you ignore these fools. my trouble is been round about their age t 20, i always fear that i might get my head kicked in, some gangs like an excuse for a fight

Daz, don't WORRY! Very, very occasionally full cross-dressers can run into a nasty situation, maybe if they our out and about as an over-the-top 'Queen'. But you'll find that the vast hoards in Oxford Street (or anywhere else) are not going to give a toss about a straight-dressed guy's shoes, even if they are the one-in-hundreds that even notices them. In any case, daytime city shopping is not the place where beered-up yobbos tend to hang out. If it's any consolation, I started street-heeling at the age of twelve and I'm now fifty-nine, but being a happily married heterosexual guy, only ever in normal men's clothing and trousers. In the whole of those forty-seven years, I've only ever had ONE remotely unpleasant experience (beered-up yobbos on a very late Friday night), but even that did not result in any violence. I simply told them that my choice in boots (4.5" blade heels) was none of their business. By avoiding rough nightspot areas, even that one solitary episode would have been avoided, so in nearly half a century that's very reassuring, isn't it! The rest of the time has been so enjoyable and such constant fun that it has vastly outweighed that brief moment, and I hate to look back on my life if my street-heeling had been absent. Although being a veteran heel-wearing guy, I am very much a newcomer (only four months) on this site, these forums have enormously boosted and re-kindled my already-ongoing enthusiasm for high heels. A crowning moment for me was my first (and only, to date) Heel-Meet at Oxford. Although I had spent a good part of those forty-seven years streetheeling in the company of people like my wife, I had never ever known the company or support of any other heel-wearing guys. Therefore it was a great experience to wander around Oxford in like-minded company and to give the good citizens of Oxford a glimpse of the growing trend of men's free-style footwear fashions. It is true to say that the discovery of these forums, plus the great revelation that there are many other guys (straight, decent people) with one's own interest has been a great thing for me, resulting in my be keener that ever on street-heeling and enjoying it more than ever before, and with more confidence and assurance than ever before. I have people like Firefox and Xaphod and Calv to thank for this, and I sincerely hope that they can be similarly inspiring to you Daz. I am sure that not only will you thoroughly enjoy your day, but it will give you a massive boost in your confidence towards the same future enjoyment that I have been experiencing. However, if you do come over 'shy' on the day, don't forget that heels are not compulsory. I'm probably going to wear some 4.5" or 5" numbers, but carrying a 2-pair bag containing my standby mid-height heels and my cute new secondary standby shiny black flat pumps. Look forward to seeing you and the others, Cheefully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

not a problem. im determined not to give up on the day, even having the nerve to go from the car at doncaster station (i think) the trouble is round here, there is a lot of druinked up yobs a lot of the time, plenty of pubs and stuff. I just meant to xaphod how does he signal down these idiots when they laugh. Yes you are right, these veteran heelers eg Firefox + xaphod etc are an inspiration and its always good to hear their opinion on what you think. Im sure it will be a good day next week. daz

I'm not going to be able to make this now. Sorry, folks, but I seem to be getting busier with family and work at the moment. I hate to let everyone down, but I just can't fit it in. I will see if I can make the Birmingham meet, but it depends on childcare arrangements.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Oh Yamyam - that's tragic! And we hoped there might be a chance of meeting Julietta as well! Anyway, let's hope one or both of your can make the Birmingham Meet! Any more last-minuters coming? - it's this coming Saturday! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

OK confirmed will be there on saturday for 1st meet, in heels for definate, complete with stilettos in a bag now i have the 'protection from the crowd' so to say from our veterans. Should be one of the early ones as my train gets in to Kings X at about 9.20 all things being ok. I hope i can locate you all bearing in mind i dont know what anyone looks like :lol: Also ive just made an investment for a nice new digital camera capable of some nice pictures for the board should anyone be interested. Ive become quite fond of it, so this will be accompanying me instead of Jade (ho ho). No im not that cruel but she couldnt make it so im all alone but lookin forward to it as the days tick closer

Hi Ionic, Welcome to the board. I see you are here for a while. There are so much newcomers the last month. At the moment I'm on holiday in London. I'm afraid I can't be there saterday october 4, but I'm thinking of you all. I want to say that Carnaby Street isn't the street anymore what it used to be and if you're happen to be in the neighbourhood of Aldo (out of Regent Street from Piccadilly Circus to the left) hop in and see their interesting styles. Last night (sunday 28 ) there was the premiere of "Bright Young Things" of Steven Fry at Leicester Square, there were a lot of police but there were also lots of people who were invited to it. Well, what do you wear to a premiere? I saw stiletto's, blocks, wedges, slides, sandals, courts and boots, roughly say from 2" to I think 4 to 4 1/2". The women look gorgeous and the men look like penguins :drinking: After all, I'm a bright young thing too :lol: Robert

There was a young guy and his girlfriend. I suppose he was trying to be cool when he passed some inane remark. I just said that I have been wearing heels for years and why the hell not? He asked me if I was 'going to go all the way', so I borrowed Yamyam's line that I'm a transvestite from the knees down. I think half their fun is if you get embarassed, so don't let it happen !! Xa

so far in my not so long experience ive noticed that its girls that notice more. U get some puzzled looks as if they are really makin sure that they really saw pointy toes on a mans feet then they give you a puzzled look. That happened loads of times when we went down blackpool front. The lads dont usually bother to look, but its them that would bother me if any. They either wanna make an excuse for a fight of try to embarrass you, and new people to this get embarrased easily as you get into a bit of Me vs World feeling when you go out in heels. Thanks for that tho xa!

Thanks for the replay Xa - Brilliantly handled! Daz - this demonstrates the inspired street-heeling mastery of such inspired paragons as Xaphod and Firefox! We'll all have a great day together! Don't worry about spotting us at the meet-up. There probably won't be any other people waiting around on the Charing Cross Road pavement outside the South-East entrance to the Tottenham Court Road tube (or inside that tunnel if it's wet), and especially not wearing high heels! I'm meeting up with Firefox a couple of days before for a game of golf, and then we're going to suss out the current situation re. the best heel places for the group to visit, plus enjoying a few girls-in-heels sightings! He joins me in sending you his regards and looking forward to a great Heel-Meet! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Admirable but overly-modest words from the vertible pillar of these forums and tireless bastion of the worldwide guys' street-heeling community. Firefox - you sell yourself short! Daz - As you emerge from the tube, look around the underground foyer's exit tunnels for "Exit No 5", or it might say something like "Charing Cross Road, East Side". Anyway, regardless of any of that, as you emerge into the daylight, you'll see the very tall "Centrepoint" office tower on one corner of the crossroads. We are meeting on the pavement between "Centrepoint" and the nearest underground exit tunnel. Have a good journey down! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

.... one thing I forgot to mention when putting these guys down is 'the internal mental attitude'. All you guys have experienced it (from the wrong side) when you try to chat up a woman who is definitely not interested, no way, no how, you horrible little creep. I call it the 'freeze water at ten paces' look. Now, as guys, we can't hope to get close, but usually, when addressing the piss takers, I have in mind the image of an unmentionable nastiness, such as you may find when cleaning out a blocked drain, for example. Xa

....And the fun goes on. Yesterday I went to Madame Tussaud's in my new 3" ankleboots from Brantano. Out of the hotel to the underground : no troubles, in the underground : no troubles, out of Baker street Station, still no troubles, inside Mdme T walking on wooden floors with clear view of my heels, no troubles again. The lady at the coffeebar smiled when she saw me but she said nothing. After that I went for a walk on Oxford Street, I sat down a few times to let people see my heels in full view, no comments at all, only looks, even walking in some stores like Debenham, Selfridges, M &S, H&M, Virgin, HMV, etc. no comments (it's going to be boring now). Even without rubber heelcaps the noise is low because the cars and the other people are much noisier. After it all I got sore feet and I went back to the hotel. I'm planning to go out again this afternoon and/or tomorrow. Robert

Exactly Robert - it's a great feeling isn't it? I hope all of this has made your visit to London enjoyable and worthwhile! Also, I hope it's a reassurance and encouragement to Daz and any other new street-heelers who decide to join us on Saturday for the London Heel-Meet! I,ve just converted one of my three pairs of 4 1/2" blade-heeled Brantano ankle boots into slim (virtually stiletto) heels ready for hitting the streets on the London Meet. They look and feel great! Safe journey back to Holland, sorry you'll just miss Saturday. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

l like its the weight of an elephant or something in comparison holding me back, but once im away from that and ive took the step out, you couldnt stop me for all the money in the bank of england. i love it. i just need that initial push. Im sure that will eventually become easier. lookin forward to a great day. ive always been fond of london whatever the reason to visit, nothing like a trip to oxford st and a quick visit to a mcdonalds :lol: also looking forward to joining Heelfan with his ovation to our legends Fox, xa & co...

Daz! Once your away from home and in the exciting anonymity of London, and within the security of a our group of like-minded friends, your elephant-weight will lift from you like magic and you'll be streetheeling away in truly euphoric and ecstatic fashion, I promise you! It's all about getting the unparalled buzz! London already has one of the three best buzzes in the world (along with New York and Hong Kong), and add the that the notion of street-heeling in whatever heels take your fancy down Oxford street, and devoting the whole day to unfettered high-heel interests - what about that for a heady cocktail!!! I wouldn't be surprised if you end up like the rest of us in WANTING the world to notice and admire your heels! Islebeeseeingyuh! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

i sense excitement in the words of Heelfan. I may appear a boring norther fool but believe me the excitemnt is with me too, can hardly wait. Yes the elephant will lift whne im with oyu people as im sure, but will it lift off me at doncaster station? time will tell. Ill be on my own this time with no Jade to push me out of the car

Hello All! I'm leaving for London now, two days ahead of the rest of you, so I look foward to seeing all the Heel-Meeters on Saturday morning, as arranged above. Let's have a good one! Oh, and to any last-minuters or board-lurkers that also want to come to the London Heel-Meet - just turn up! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I've spoken to the authorities and all those coming up to the smoke are welcome back at our's after for some convivial Stella swilling and (possibly) pizza. Also, I am looking for good homes for some bits and pieces to clear cupboard space (you'll see what I mean). Note that we will all have to approach the house in f-f-f-f-f-flats or "male" styles because of our daughter's reputation (long story) but once inside no problem.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.