LONDON HEEL-MEET, 4th October 2003

Heelfan

Hi Everyone! STOP PRESS! . . . . . LONDON HEEL-MEET. SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2003: To add to what already promises to be a heel-packed LONDON HEEL-MEET, by incredible coincidence, we find that there are several HEEL EVENTS already on in London (asterisked below*) for us to visit! This is a possible suggested itinerary (flexible!): 10.30am - 11am ASSEMBLE on pavement outside entrance tunnel no. 5 of Tottenham Court Road Underground Station (S.E. corner of station, near Centre Point office tower). If wet, assemble in inner end of tunnel. Anyone delayed, please come anyway and ring Firefox's mobile 07941 172043 for the group's current whereabouts. 11am - 1`pm OXFORD ST. & CARNABY ST. SHOE SHOPS. 1pm - 2pm LUNCH/DRINKS/CHATS/INFO/ANECDOTES 2pm - 3pm *FERRAGAMO'S TEMPORARY VINTAGE SHOE EXHIBITION at Harrods, Knightsbridge (Marilyn /Monroe's stilettos, Audrey Hepburn's, Madonna's etc., archive shoe photos or Joan Crawford etc.). 3pm to 5pm CAMDEN'S 'ALTERNATIVE' SHOE SHOPS. 5pm to 7pm *"SKIN TWO EXPO" THE WORLD'S BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL FETISH RETAIL FAIR. Temporarily on at Barbican Exhibition Centre. Plenty of photo opportunities, and amongst many other sights, our board member Platform Baby will be strutting there in outrageous shoes! £6. (Entry optional). 7pm to 8pm DINNER/DRINKS/CHATS/INFO/JOKES 8pm to Late *RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR to watch great ladies performing in amazing heels (plus eyeballing the adjacent windows of fetish heels, shoe videos and shoe fetish books in Walkers' Court). Admission Fee. (entry optional). and/or *SKIN TWO's HOUSE OF FLESH (fetish show on tonight only) at "Sahara Nights", King's Cross. £20 (gulp!). (entry optional). NOW! Who amongst you could miss this heely day of a lifetime??? Please post at the base of this thread if you are keen to come! So far, we seem to be expecting Firefox, Xaphod, Dr. Shoe and Ruth, Me, Calv, Yam Yam (it would be great to see Julietta too!), Ionic and Daz. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for remembering me :wink: But Sundays are crap for shopping I suppose. I can probably do most of those at the moment (Not sure where Sep 3 fits in? ) Blitz the shoe shops and I reckon plenty of trying on is in order if they fit, or thereabouts. It's very useful to pave the way for less adventurous customers later.

OK Calv, as you can't make 20th September (my only remaining free Saturday in September), could I now suggest SATURDAY 11th or 18th OCTOBER for the LONDON MEET? (That still leaves November free for the Birmingham meet). Are either of those OK for everyone? - Your postings please, in the hope of calling it 'A wrap'! Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

I'll certainly try for the Birmingham meet dates. I might even be able to do London, but Brum should be okay. I'll book some childcare a little nearer the time.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 weeks later...

Right guys and gals, If we are going ahead with this LondonHeel-Meet this autumn, it's time we fixed the date. Having sounded-out a few people, here are my suggestions: LONDON HEEL-MEET - SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2003, 10am. Can all interested guys and gals post their availability below as soon as possible, please .......................... Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Right all you happy heelers, time to start rounding you up! So far, the Paris Meet (6 - 8 Feb 2004) has the most candidates, but the London Meet is shaping-up as follows: LONDON (SAT 4 OCTOBER 2003, 10am) Firefox, Xaphod, Dr. Shoe, Me, Calv(?) and YamYam(?). ANY MORE FOR ANY MORE? COME ON GALS AND GUYS!! ALL ABOARD THAT'S COMIN' ABOARD? WHAT ABOUT SOME MORE FIRST-TIMERS? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all budding Heel-Meeters! HEEL-MEET - LONDON 4th OCTOBER 2003 For the latest information, please scroll back up to my first posting at the top of this "Autumn 2003 Heel-Meets " thread. I've just edited it to update everyone on the finalised date, and the expected attenders to date. See you there! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes, I will be there. .... minor problem .... 10 am is a bit on the early side for people catching the train from darkest Hampshire ..... also the shoe shops don't really start to open until about 11, certainly during the week. Xa

OK folks, as the instigator of these Heel-Meet proposals, I'll go along with 11am. Actually, I'm treating myself to going up to London the day before to look for some exciting sightings, especially at my favourite sighting-haunt - Liverpool Street Station from 4pm to 6pm when all the millions of 'City' secretaries come teetering home via the station. I'll consult Firefox about a good meeting-up spot - probably a coffee-house in some central location so that we can sit and sip and chat whilst we wait for each other. Islebeeseeingyuh! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Actually I don't mind doing 10.00am if people are going to be around at that time. The usual meeting place is Tottenham Court Road Tube, Centre Point SE corner exit number 5 at the top of the steps leading to the tube station. The reason for that is it is very central and at one end of Oxford Street, but there might be a coffee shop nearby to that. If you have a digicam I will take the previous day off and we will have a challenge on Liverpool Street to see who can get the best pictures of the station architecture, which might of course accidently include some "passers by" :lol:

OK, thanks everyone - here's the DEFINITIVE PLAN: LONDON HEEL-MEET, SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2003: MEET BY TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD TUBE STATION ON THE PAVEMENT OUTSIDE THE SOUTH-EAST ENTRANCE TUNNEL NO. 5 (NEAR THE 'CENTRE POINT' OFFICE TOWER). IF WET, MEET BY THE UNDERGROUND END OF THE SAME TUNNEL. BY ALL MEANS ASSEMBLE FROM 10 or 10.30am, BUT THE GROUP WILL MOVE OFF AT 11am. ANYONE DELAYED PLEASE COME ANYWAY, AND RING FIREFOX'S MOBILE 07941 172043 FOR OUR ONGOING WHEREABOUTS. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Daz! Let's hope you CAN make it. It'll be the CHANCE OF A LIFETIME, as we now find that, by coincidence, there are several high heel exhibitions and entertainments in various parts of London on that one weeked of 4th October (see my main postings on this thread). As a relative newboy, I've only been to one Heel-Meet myself (Oxford) although I seen the group's photos of earlier meets. Wearing heels is NOT compulsory, but in practice most people do, ranging from shyguys in 2" wedges under long trousers, to Xaphod, Firefox and me in 4.5" to 5" heels, including stilettos and shorter trousers revealing most or all of the heel. Had I not turned up wearing heels, I'd immediately have wished I had, because Firefox and Xaphod set such a fine, confident example of striding through the world in stunning shoes such with great style and panache, that everyone falls under the same mantle of group-confidence and it becomes a truly euphoric, inspirational and memorable day. As I say, study my main posting (under this one) for new exciting details. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Everyone! STOP PRESS! . . . . . LONDON HEEL-MEET. SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2003: To add to what already promises to be a heel-packed LONDON HEEL-MEET, by incredible coincidence, we find that there are several HEEL EVENTS already on in London (asterisked below*) for us to visit! This is a possible suggested itinerary (flexible!): 10.30am - 11am ASSEMBLE on pavement outside entrance tunnel no. 5 of Tottenham Court Road Underground Station (S.E. corner of station, near Centre Point office tower). If wet, assemble in inner end of tunnel. Anyone delayed, please come anyway and ring Firefox's mobile 07941 172043 for the group's current whereabouts. 11am - 1`pm OXFORD ST. & CARNABY ST. SHOE SHOPS. 1pm - 2pm LUNCH/DRINKS/CHATS/INFO/ANECDOTES 2pm - 3pm *FERRAGAMO'S TEMPORARY VINTAGE SHOE EXHIBITION at Harrods, Knightsbridge (Marilyn /Monroe's stilettos, Audrey Hepburn's, Madonna's etc., archive shoe photos or Joan Crawford etc.). 3pm to 5pm CAMDEN'S 'ALTERNATIVE' SHOE SHOPS. 5pm to 7pm *"SKIN TWO EXPO" THE WORLD'S BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL FETISH RETAIL FAIR. Temporarily on at Barbican Exhibition Centre. Plenty of photo opportunities, and amongst many other sights, our board member Platform Baby will be strutting there in outrageous shoes! £6. (Entry optional). 7pm to 8pm DINNER/DRINKS/CHATS/INFO/JOKES 8pm to Late *RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR to watch great ladies performing in amazing heels (plus eyeballing the adjacent windows of fetish heels, shoe videos and shoe fetish books in Walkers' Court). Admission Fee. (entry optional). and/or *SKIN TWO's HOUSE OF FLESH (fetish show on tonight only) at "Sahara Nights", King's Cross. £20 (gulp!). (entry optional). NOW! Who amongst you could miss this heely day of a lifetime??? Please post at the base of this thread if you are keen to come! So far, we seem to be expecting Firefox, Xaphod, Dr. Shoe and Ruth, Me, Calv, Yam Yam (it would be great to see Julietta too!), Ionic and Daz. BIRMINGHAM MEET - SATURDAY 29th NOVEMBER, 10am TILL LATE (MEETING SPOT TO BE ANNOUNCED). Similar fun programme to the above. So far, we seem to be expecting Firefox, Xaphod, Daz, Me, Calv and maybe Emma J. Nation(?). Any more? All aboard that's comin' aboard! GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day (or days)! If You intend to come to either of these Heel-Meets, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. The first one is very, very soon! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Well, I often wear 4 inch or more at work all day, but walking 5 or 6 miles through London in the same is a different proposition, and though I have done it in 5" heels, the main thing is that you enjoy the day which you won't if your feet hurt, especially if you only usually wear heels at home. I'll probably bring a 3-4" pair for yomping and a mega high pair for the shows, meals and bars. I'm a rucksack carrier person so there's no problem slipping in some different ones.

Count me in for the Sat 4th folks. got the day off work, but might have to depart from you all to catch the 6.00 train, according to the train office, if i get a later train its gonna cost another £12 for the ticket. Hows that for service eh. Although a fairly newbee to heeling and indeed the meets, i just have never seen the point in wearing high heels unless they are high (nothing excessive) so although still shy i will be wearing my 4.5 inch block heels hidden under my jeans :lol: Also thanks to firefox for the tip of woolworths stick on rubber heels, i purchased some to make the heels quiet :lol: Im still deciding whether to wear them from the second i get out of the car at Doncaster, or be chicken and bring a pair of trainers in a bag and change in the toilets at a tube station (eek decisions :cry:) Lookin forward to next sat now. P.S. Hope you are kind to strangers :lol: Daz

Hi Heel-Meeters! Great to see we already have a sufficient 'quorum' to make London a success tomorrow week (4th October), whilst anyone else still very welcome if they want to join us! Hi Daz! Delighted to hear than you can join us. Re. shoe-choice, several of us (including Firefox, Xaphod and me) bring little carry-bags or rucksack for one or more shoe-changes. Some of us can't resist showing off by turning-up in our latest mega-high-heeled aquisitions for the early part of the day, without wanting to cripple ourselves by keeping them on for an entire day going all over London! In my case, I'll be bringing a first-change (mid-height around 3.5") and a precautionary second change (a delightful pair of ladies' sexy flat shoes that I've just purchased from Evans ladies outsize). Believe me everyone I've met is very kind and welcoming, whatever each person's age ansd whatever height (if any) heel they happen to be wearing. It'll be a great day regards both fun and general heely interest! Look forward to seeing everyone, and more are still welcome to join us- both guys and gals whether in heels or not! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!