Have you ever been photographed when out in heels??

SF

Hi all... Now days in this hi tech world, everyone seems to have a cell phone camera. Once last summer and again last week, I was photographed while out in heels. The folks taking the pics thought they were being sneaky and doing it without my knowledge (and there most certianly have been others who succesfully took pics w/o me knowing). Has anyone had similar encounters? In my opinion, I think it's irritating and rude. Just wondering what everyone thinks. On the other side, when a guy wears womens sandals in public, there probably is a reasonable expectation that they would be photographed, just because of the novelty. More guys need to wear heels in public!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Not to my knowledge (yet). However, if you have been photographed wearing your heels in public, I am certain that, sooner than later, your photograph will show up on YouTube. But, once again, there are an astounding number of clips there, and the probability that you'll ever find your picture amongst the thousands posted, is quite small. But, I guess you have to keep in mind that some one that knows you will eventually discover it and let you know :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not to my knowledge. But, as often as I am out in high heels in public and especially all of the different places I go wearing high heels, I'll be surprised if someone hasn't taken a picture of me wearing high heels with their camera phone. I really don't care if they do or not. But I would think they would hve better things to take pictures with their camera phones.

I am pretty sure somebody has taken a picture or two, based on the number of cell phones I have seen people pointing in my direction. However, the one thing I am fairly certain of is that taking action shots with a small camera or a phone in low light would not usually give good results, so I just don't worry about it.

Style is built from the ground up!

Everytime I do a womanless pageant for the Cancer Society. Everyone loves to get a picture of a man in 5" heels. The women like to ask how I learned to walk in them and were did I find such great shoes. I always respond with Zappo's , platforms and practice,practice,practice.

Sure have i know of acouple of times when people had to sneak the shot but usually what happens is they ask me if it's ok to get a photo & i,m only to happy to pose for them or get a photo with them. No they haven't seen a guy in heels or wearing a skirt before have they cheers malinheels:wavey:

Twice that I know of. The first was at Camden Market and 3 schools girls followed me into a shop, stopped at the door and took a couple of pix. I only knew because of their loud giggling and they ran off within a few seconds. They were quite sweet about it, not abusive at all. If they'd only asked, I'd have given them all the time and poses they wanted. The other time a guy of about 20-22 followed me with his video cam, about 4 feet behind. He was with another guy and 2 females. I was aware of him for a minute or so and he really was bugging me. I stopped abruptly, turned and stared at him. He wasn't expecting me to stop and was very flustered. I thought he was bloody rude. I mean, if I followed a woman doing the same thing, I'd probably get arrrested. He turned away and I didn't see him again.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

well now, I'll just go with the rest in here to say "maybe" with everyone with cell phone cams, well you can bet that your pic will be taken when you least know it half of the time!

A few. Some I was aware of, some I weren't. Pretty sure all are online if I look hard enough. Not surprising though; I was at a convention when I wore 'em. Haha.

Last February the AzShoeNut and I participated in a Heal for Heels Walk for charity. We were the only males among over 100 females. We were both wearing heels and were photographed many times. The ladies asked permission each time and we were very happy to cooperate. It was fun for us to be the center of attention in our heels.

Due to a foulup on the tube (subway), I had to use a route that I wasn't familiar with. While looking at the map, some Americans politely asked, "Do you mind if we snap your photo?" I gave them the evil eye for a second to determine if they were media types, but, seeing that their camera was a 'point and click' type, I thought this unlikely. "No problems," said I. They were quite happy with 3 shots of me in my long leather coat, spiky knee-high boots tucked into women's leather jeans, and an androgyneously patterned t-shirt, topped off with a hat from a gentlemans hatters that cost more than the rest of the ensemble ! .... made my day ! Xa

Didn't a clip of you and another member, that someone took while you were touring a museum, show up on "YouTube" a while back?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They were quite happy with 3 shots of me in my long leather coat, spiky knee-high boots tucked into women's leather jeans, and an androgyneously patterned t-shirt, topped off with a hat from a gentlemans hatters that cost more than the rest of the ensemble !

Definitely my kind of look :wave:

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Didn't a clip of you and another member, that someone took while you were touring a museum, show up on "YouTube" a while back?

.... yes it was at a World Heelmeet a couple of years ago.

Airwolf, another, and myself went to the British Museum for a quick look.

Airwolf asked to see the most evocative exhibit as he was time limited, so we went to the Rosetta Stone which is now in a case. When I was a kid it just stood on a plinth. I remember my mum, an amateur historian, telling me how Jean-France Champollion deduced that the 'cartouche', which she traced with her finger, contained the phonetic characters for a person's name and referred this to the early Coptic version.

Xa

During my two years of active public heeling, i've noticed twice that someone tries to take photo of my shoes with his/her mobile phone. Always let him/her take the photo :wave: Happy Heeling -k6ps

Many of you know that I wear heels when I travel. Yesterday was no exception. I visited 3 constuction sites (wearing proper safety shoes). I got so dirty that I had to change out of my dress slacks and into a pair of shorts that I keep in the van. Off to the hotel wearing tan Polo shirt, tan shorts nude hose and bone colored 5" stilettos. At diner, I ran into a friend who is an executive for the management firm that runs the hotel. we chatted for most of the evening. BTW she was wearing a knee lenght blue dress nude hose and black 4" pumps very business like. Before leaving she asked if she could take my picture for another associate back at home office. I agreed and she took three. From a close up that included my gold ankle chain to a full lenght. The pics were taken at the hotel lounge in full view of the rest of the patrons. I will be meeting her for breakfast at the hotel restaurant and then we will go our seperate ways. I hope everyone has a great heeling day. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.