777 miles!

Magic Heels

I have just completed a 777 mile trip to the South of France in heels and a skirt. My doc says that he does not want me driving 400 miles in a day so I spread the journey over three days. Although I was in the car for much of the time I crossed the channel by ferry, stopped at restaurants for lunch, at filling stations, at rest areas and at hotels for overnight stays. The only reaction I noticed was a haughty stare from a portly lady on the ferry car deck. Maybe she was jealous of my size 10 skirt! The boots have 3 inch block heels, the fairly slim skirt is knee length topped by a wide chunky belt. They are all in black leather from "Next" and, I think, not particularly feminine. This may explain their acceptance. Certainly, I have never driven in such comfort. I have worn a kilt on occasions but the pleats get bunched up at the back and creased when seated for long periods. And in the wind the kilt sometimes does a "Mary Popins"! So a skirt, with boots, must be the "Magic" way to go!

And from a guy who has size 16 and 18 pants and skirts---I can't say that I'm jealous, but you have a small waist, smaller than me. And at 81 and still wearing 3" block heels, more power to you, my friend. Sounds like your journey was a very pleasant one all around. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Fantastic experience for you! As a size 14 (working on becoming a 12) I would love nothing more than to make a 10! Also, I am a bit jealous that you were making a trip to the south of France. Trips in the western of Pennsylvania don't seem to be that interesting.

Style is built from the ground up!

I am surprised and flattered by the number of "thank you's" to my post. I was encouraged by reading about the exploits of others on this forum and by a lady friend who thinks I look "fab" in boots and skirt! I have always attributed my skinny frame to wartime food rationing. Once you get used to eating small meals I guess it becomes a habit. Thanks, Dawn for your comments on 3" heels. They are about my limit now although I totter around in 4" at home just for fun. If I am walking long distances I reduce to 2" or 2.5" which I find comfortable. And Happy Feat is right about the South of France. It has everything, sea, mountains and good food and wine. Perhaps the nearest the US gets to it is the Southern Californian coast [but LA no way!!] which I have enjoyed a few times!