DiMarni Sizing and Experiences

LukeVibertUK

My partner and I are off to a friends wedding and other important events in Sept/Nov and as always shoes are the sticking point. My GF has a wide UK9 and the choice/avaliabilty of shoes dictate what she wears...something to do with the colour apparently?! :) I realise there are many custom shoe makers avaliable out there on the www however the majority are not suitable for the occasion or what she wants to wear. So the hunt began and stumbled upon DiMarni...that illusive footwear desinger(?) that are pretty difficult to get hold of and arnt usually considered in the "everyday wear" price range. Throwing some suggestions to her, she caught her eye on these... I have made a few enquiries and the returns confirm avaliable in a multitude of colours, avaliable in UK9 and are of a "reasonable" price. So how are they size wise? Granted everyones perception of a UK size 5 is slightly different, but just curious to know if I get an UK9 they arnt a UK7... I'm investigating returns policies "just in case"... Greatful for any comments or input...

post-736-133522915259_thumb.jpg

can't see why you have a problem with uk9(eu43) as many high street stores carry the size in a variety of modern styles. I have bought two pair, one from george@asda, the other from next clearance.

totter along into history

can't see why you have a problem with uk9(eu43) as many high street stores carry the size in a variety of modern styles. I have bought two pair, one from george@asda, the other from next clearance.

I take your point, only if it was that easy.

We can stand in one shop and try on many styles of size 9 to walk away empty handed. We can try another shop only to find a pair that fits...but are unsuitable for what she wants them for. We have also stood in Next trying on numerous pairs and again walked away empty handed. Although consistency of sizing is part of the issue, width and high instep of her foot is also a problem.

The likes of Barratts Tall and Small range although good for work and daily wear and avaliable in sizes arnt "special" enough for the ocassion.

Besides which the question I was posing in the OP was the experiences that anyone had, not for me to justify why :) .

Hmmmm! a real dilemma, isn't it? Choices. Keep looking - she might find something that is appropriate that fits her foot well. Have a pair custom made exclusively for her foot in a style and color that are suitable for her outfit. Go barefooted or get a new pair of feet (the later choice isn't serious, though :)) Is it possible to go to a nearby store that sells that brand and styles in the size that she needs, try them on and select the size that fits her properly?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Is it possible to go to a nearby store that sells that brand and styles in the size that she needs, try them on and select the size that fits her properly?

I think this is the best advice. I hope there is a store close by that can satisfy your needs and especially has her size. Good luck.