Walk a mile in her Shoes

barney15c

I don't think they'd walk around in 5" heels. These are guys who've probably never walked in them before. I don't think whoever chose the heels would do that to them

I wish I was a size 10

Alex: Most may have had their shoes chosen for them, but you wonder how many 'juat happend' to have their own pair. Or the number who happend to keep the ones they did wear for use around the house :wink: They were out for a good cause, I wish good luck on any groups that do the same thing. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Alex: Most may have had their shoes chosen for them, but you wonder how many 'juat happend' to have their own pair. Or the number who happend to keep the ones they did wear for use around the house :wink:

They were out for a good cause, I wish good luck on any groups that do the same thing.

Jim

I image there were a few "Yeah, my wife has the same size foot as me." guys in the crowd :D

I wish I was a size 10

I think you're being unfair to one chap. They guy in the front is wearing at least 4.5" black pumps, maybe 5". I wonder where he got those in his size :D ? Anyway, the walk was called "Put yourself in her shoes" not "Put yoursleves in the highest heels you can find" :wink:

You know, I think this thread cheapens what it is the march stands for. It is clear that this is an important staement. I mean, it is saying that a woman's clothes and shoes do not give someone permission to do something bad. Essentially, it is telling the world that rape cannot be justified even when the woman is wearing something sexy. It is a way to stand up and say "drunken frat boy, just because she dresses to entice, it doesn't equal consent!" Yet here it becomes a debate about which guys own their own heels, the heel heights not being high enough... It offends me that the message is lost because people need to speculate on the men wearing heels. There's nothing wrong with that, it's great that men can wear heels in public if they like. But the march is not to say that men can wear them. There is a far more important message here. Boys, come on, stop fussing over the mundane. I am disappointed.

Laurie, I don't think this is a debate about which guys from the walk own their heels. It also doesn't cheapen the meaning of the walk. I think there have been 3 other threads about the walk and none of them had turned into something that makes us forget the reason why they were out there. Just because a woman wears high heels and dresses up, it doesn't justify thinking that she's a whore, or raping her for that matter. And because a man wears heels it does not mean that he's gay.These men did something that most men, who don't wear heels, wouldn't do. They did it to show support for women in their fight against rape. I don't think any of us have forgotten that. Oh, and another message that needs to be brought up out of this(mentioned in the Men's Forum) - Guys shouldn't need a reason like this to wear heels. If they want to wear them out in public they should be able to without their sexualities being questioned. I'm more disappointed in the fact that most guys, as seen in another thread, have gotten some really bad responses to wearing heels in public.

I wish I was a size 10

• 2 months later...

I wonder how many men joined that walk because they like to wear heels in secret? Also, I wonder if any of those guys got "hooked" after participating in that walk?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I reckon a fair few of them Bubba. In any case I think associating this kind of thing with any male wearing trends does generally cheapen it. It was supposed be a publicity stunt for rape awareness. The main message of the event seems to be getting lost in peripheral discussion aout the whys and wherefores of the publicity apects.

Personally I don't think the guys are cheapening the topic of the 'put yourself in her shoes' march. I think they all deeply appreciate what it was held for. To be honest I think that we give guys a hard time and quite often send the wrong signals, as you mentioned key words Laurie - 'entice' & 'consent'. It's no wonder that guys get confused by the message that we give out. I'm not condoning rape as it's terrible act, I'm mearly trying to try to convey a few points. Ok.........I'm going back to the gals forum as I'm intruding here - sorry guys :( Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

I think the fact that those guys, who obviously aren't wearing heels as a fashion statement, did something very fine and outstanding to help raise awareness of the fact that someone is raped every two minutes. I personally know several women who were raped, and it's no picnic. It's far worse than a bad date experience. Let's put this into perspective, guys - imagine yourself dropped in the middle of where you work, wearing the heels / skirt / dress / undies of your dreams. But instead of a few polite stares, your significant other is there with her friends, sees you, and dumps you on the spot - forever, all the while joining your friends, co-workers, and supervisors in deriding you as a freak for your choice of apparel. You're not only fired, your paraded down main street in public so you'll never find another job. I think very few of you would actually relish this incredible level of humiliation - I certainly wouldn't. The appropriate name for what you would feel is "violated." It cuts to the bone of who you are, and says, "you're worse than nothing." For a woman, being raped can be much worse. Therefore, I applaud the men for "walking a mile" in her shoes, especially since they weren't there to make a point on men's fashion rights!