Hobbies apart from Heeling ?

I use a "vintage" EOS10D with Pentacon prime lenses and 28-80 kit lens when I need something light or can't do without AF :wave:. Getting a 5D / 1D / any analog camera would be an option for me, since sometimes - esp. for architecture - the effective focal length is too large because of a smaller [APS-C] sensor. This body was the last digital one not supporting EF-S lenses.

For effects, visit http://elegantandrogyne.deviantart.com :(

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a "vintage" EOS10D with Pentacon prime lenses and 28-80 kit lens when I need something light or can't do without AF :wave:. Getting a 5D / 1D / any analog camera would be an option for me, since sometimes - esp. for architecture - the effective focal length is too large because of a smaller [APS-C] sensor. This body was the last digital one not supporting EF-S lenses.

For effects, visit http://elegantandrogyne.deviantart.com :(

Wow! The Canon 5D has a lot to offer 12.8 Megs to boot. I must say am not as familiar with the 10D. However I have never met a Canon camera that didn't deliver great results. I really took a chance on the Sony, but so far random chance seem to be operating in my favor with this body and zoom lens. With the Canon, Elegant its definatly the smart choice, I feel you will be pleased the results you get from the 5D body.

Asa V., Yea! Another car guy in heels. Glad to make the connection. I'm jealous that you have the time & space to do the restoratons. My '89 turbo Supra needs similar attention, but no place to do it. Sad. I really like the car. UpBy5

Hobbists. I am not sure I would consider having a car as being a hobbie. I own a 1957 Chevrolet. It's not mint, but it is pristine. I have seen mint condition rebuilt Chevys. Those people do not drive those cars, they are all trailered. I drive mine. It is matador red with a white top. V6, 2 door sedan. All original--unrestored. The weather is getting cold now, so there are few crusins -ins anymore. This month ( Nov.) I will be putting it away for the winter. Mike

Hobbists. I am not sure I would consider having a car as being a hobbie. I own a 1957 Chevrolet. It's not mint, but it is pristine. I have seen mint condition rebuilt Chevys. Those people do not drive those cars, they are all trailered. I drive mine. It is matador red with a white top. V6, 2 door sedan. All original--unrestored. The weather is getting cold now, so there are few crusins -ins anymore. This month ( Nov.) I will be putting it away for the winter. Mike

Nice auto Mike. I have not owned a 57 chevy but I did own a 1953 Bel Air with its original 236 inline 6 cylinder. It was restored already when I bought it so it was a matter of flipping it to a new buyer. I own it 18 months an then sold it. The 1955 Buick was a fairly easy restore, had rear floor pans I had to cut out and weld in, along with both rocker panels and replace the headlamp buckets. I bought it from its second owner that had it since 1962. I had to chuckle when I read "Hobbyist" You are right its more of a labor of love rather than a hobby, restoration is pure labor and knowledge witch I had plenty as a young man. Welding and grinding and sanding and painting, that's work.

Best wishes

Asa

Football - follow my team home and away, absolutely fanatical about them as is my lovely wife. Don't think I'd get away with wearing my heels at the match though, some of my fellow supporters are not exactly the modern free living type. Also I jump around too much and would wreck my nice shoes and I couldn't do that. One positive is my wife wears 5'' boots as her standard footwear to matches :wave:

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Excellent! A man after my own heart. Neat cars were designed and built to be driven, not stored away waiting for a nice Sunday.

UpBy5

Excellent! A man after my own heart. Neat cars were designed and built to be driven, not stored away waiting for a nice Sunday.

UpBy5

Indeed, Why have a hobbled machine that can't be driven. I restore them to be functional and not a masterpiece. If I wanted that I could just by art instead of autos. I so loved driving my Buick, Harley Earl would have been proud to see one of his cars still cruising the by way. Even if the driver was wearing stiletto heel boots. :wave: