Hobbies apart from Heeling ?

Doing Shotokan Karate again after a 22 year break. Also like my hooligan bike TL1000. Also busy with restoration of a Reanault R8 Gordini and in my spare time I make time for PC gaming Especially Guildwars and loads of facebook.

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing Shotokan Karate again after a 22 year break. Also like my hooligan bike TL1000. Also busy with restoration of a Reanault R8 Gordini and in my spare time I make time for PC gaming Especially Guildwars and loads of facebook.

Suzuki TL1000S or TL1000R?

although the TLR was the sportier looking with full fairing, i preferred the look and sound of the TLS, they make the ground shake even when just idling. Also the amount of torque those things have to give gave them the nick-name "wheelie machine", as it was supposed that you could just pull back on the throttle without clutch kicking and the front end would lift up easily.

Suzuki TL1000S or TL1000R?

although the TLR was the sportier looking with full fairing, i preferred the look and sound of the TLS, they make the ground shake even when just idling. Also the amount of torque those things have to give gave them the nick-name "wheelie machine", as it was supposed that you could just pull back on the throttle without clutch kicking and the front end would lift up easily.

Heelguy this is a hybrid. Making it best of both worlds. TLS with the TLR bottom end. More power and a little bit lighter. True these are wheelie machines. Power wheelies up to fourth gear. Mine has got open pipes so the sound is awesome. Cars in Parking garages greet the TL with flickering lights and sounding alarms..... :wave:

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

Apart from high heels and assorted other girly clothing buys, my hobbies and interests include; gardening and landscaping including doing ponds, driving different roads, collecting obsolete beers (have 4500 now), planting trees wherever and whenever possible, playing on my land in northern Wisconsin while I get it ready to build on it in 6-8 years and sports, principally football (following the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers) but also bowling and soccer. I loved the World Cup. Too bad Brazil and the USA didn't go further :wave: Was pleased that Spain won its first though as I lived there in the mid-1980's. HappyinHeels

HappyinHeels, I used to collect beers as well. I had well over 300. I had them all prodly displayed on shelves in my den in California. Then in 1994, the Whittier Narrows earthquake knocked all but 2 bottles to the floor. I never started over. I still have (somewhere in storage) those 2 bottles.

Where to start? Outdoors Hobbies: Hiking, Coasteering, Sea Kayaking, Paint Ball, Flying (Light Aircraft). I'm looking to start the following in the next year: Scuba diving, Kite Surfing. Indoors: Watching movies As you can see I'm an outdoors kind of guy, love spending time outside as much as I can.

I also should have included Running as a regular hobby, although its more a way to keep in shape. Also moving forward in the long term I intend to take up: Sailing, Jet-Skiing If only I had more young years while I do all these fun things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ham radio, photography, machine guns, hound hunting, steam engines/trains, vintage circle track roadster racing, squirreling around in my hot rod.

What I want to know is do you manage to catch any hounds?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I,m into martial arts and own a Vespa 200px scooter and try to go on the scooter rallies in the summer. I.O.W scooter rally this weekend. There be over 1000 scooters on the island over the weekend. Time to get the Doc Martins out.

• 2 months later...

I have many hobbies, to many I thinks...But Photography is one that enjoy the most. Expensive hobby the camera body I own is 3500 u.s.d and lens about 6 grand not to mention the 2 grand in software to process the photos. Makes one a piggish when sharing photos when it comes to that because of the time and money it takes process them, take them, even is they are digital, have to figure investment costs. Am a radio Amateur operator as well. I Sail presently with others since I had to sell my vessel. I surf. Then there are my Beloved, Stiletto Heel Boots. I loves them sooo. I love to restore older autos from the 50s and 60s. Love to drive them and travel. I in the past restored a 55 Buick along with others. That is about it for now there is lots more but they are the highlights:smile:

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT-VR4, Pearlescent white. It only has 50K miles on it. Anyone else have a just-for-fun car?

Have been a lifetime car guy with 3 kids and little cash, until I broke the piggy bank 4 years ago and got company for my '89 Toyota Turbo Supra (still got it, still love it, they'll bury me in it). After looking on the internet for a Ferrari that might be, ummm, financially approachable, I called a Lamborghini dealer in Greensboro, NC, to check on a '98 F355 with only 9,500 miles. After some conversation, he said he did not want to sell me the any Ferrari as I would be unhappy with it, using it regularly as I planned. He did not want unhappy customers zipping about the US eastern seaboard. Long story short, I called back to ask if he could find a bright silver Mercedes SL 65. I didn't know this guy from Adam's housecat, but he had to be trustworthy. Its now in the garage keeping the Toyota company and is my regular, fair weather, daily drive. Fun cars should be USED, not packed in cotton to be driven once every 4th Sunday. The Mercedes is more fun than money, which is a good thing. It'll pass most anything on the road except a petrol station. As an aside, the dealer called me 3 months later inviting me to come to Va. Int'l. Raceway near Danville, Va. (a 3.2 mile sportscar track) to sample-drive a new Lamborghini Gallardo on the track. Who? Me? Noooooo. That was as much fun as I've had in a V. long time. Observing the 50-some people in attendance, the lifestyle of the well-to-do became quite apparent. One couple arrived separately in a pair of identical, new Bentlys. WAY out of my league.

Glad to have an HH guy who's also a carguy on the forum! Makes one feel all warm & fuzzy....

UPBy5

Well this is the latest completion in my vintage electronics hobby...

Gone from picture 1 to picture 2 and the video link in 4 months....

And passed my bike test so have a 2001 Moto Guzzi Cali Stone and a 1995 Suzuki Intruder VS600 and also a 1985 Porsche 924S as a classic...

Andi

http://youtu.be/YU95MGJE8m4

post-6303-133522927528_thumb.jpg

post-6303-133522927533_thumb.jpg

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT-VR4, Pearlescent white. It only has 50K miles on it. Anyone else have a just-for-fun car?

Yep got one of these, Restored, 209K bought it in 95 had 3 miles on it.

Other I have restore

1955 Buick Special

1969 Oldsmobile Tornado

1982 Mustang GT 5.0 H.O.

Nothing like these cars and driving them in a new pair of platform, thigh high stiletto heel boots. :wave:

Reading books, and photography

Got myself a canon 5d markII

That is a excellent camera body, highly prized in the world of Photography. The sensors in that body are almost beyond compare. Definitely the top of the line, cutting edge technology. I have wittiness what that camera can do, and the images are nothing short of breath taking.

I took the road less traveled in bodies, The Sony Alpha A 900 is the body of choice for me. I use the 900 a lot and love the reproduction. However I also have a Canon D 50 and a Sony A 300. Amazingly the Canon/Sony combo is great because the bodies are different and they do have jobs that they both do well at. Where one lacks the other excels. The end result is the finished product comes out great every time by using the 2 together.

Cheers

Asa

That is a excellent camera body, highly prized in the world of Photography. The sensors in that body are almost beyond compare. Definitely the top of the line, cutting edge technology. I have wittiness what that camera can do, and the images are nothing short of breath taking.

I took the road less traveled in bodies, The Sony Alpha A 900 is the body of choice for me. I use the 900 a lot and love the reproduction. However I also have a Canon D 50 and a Sony A 300. Amazingly the Canon/Sony combo is great because the bodies are different and they do have jobs that they both do well at. Where one lacks the other excels. The end result is the finished product comes out great every time by using the 2 together.

Cheers

Asa

Thanks! Its a beautiful camera, if you wanna se some of my work you can go yo flicker and look for Ruben Mckoy or search for dinner by candlelight