Hobbies apart from Heeling ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, I do community theater, which involves lighting and sound design, stage managing, set construction and acting. I make my own beer, I collect and restore antique radios, I am a ham (amateur) radio operator, I'm learning guitar, and I've dabbled in piano and viola. Some friends got me turned on to karaoke, which led to a singing part in a play not long ago. I like to draw, build model airplanes, bike, and occasionally play duff (some call it golf, but then I would be a golfer, not a duffer :)).

Well, lets see now--- Antique cars, Buying and restoring Lionel trains, Collecting trains and chasing train parts, Touring in an antique car, Buying and collecting high heeled shoes and boots, Wearing high heeled shoes and boots, Running a Miniature Railroad at a Science Center, Fast cars and car racing, Displaying cars and competing for trophies, Being a member of the HH Place and Freestyling, and taking care of Mickey and her needs. It all kind of keeps me busy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Other than high heels, I love shopping for clothes and hot cars. Although I can never afford the car of my dreams, I can certainly drool over them. My ex-BF just recently bought a Nissan GTR. I hate him. I'm not with him anymore but a friend of mine gave me the details on that and now I'm jealous. But that will not bring me back to him no matter what.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Photography, urban exploration, my city's history, DIY [esp. electronics & electricity, photography, mechanics], cosmetics chemistry, horror literature & movies, music [gothic/industrial, old school rock'n'roll, progressive rock, a bit of metal and classical... let's say: everything one can listen to without having their ears bleed], cycling as a means of transport in the urban areas contrary to leisure/sport activity, a bit of arts, philosophy, psychology & sociology esp. queer/gender studies... I was into sound engineering some time ago, but that faded. Didn't I mention alternative fashions and beauty? My mistake.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hiking, running, flying, gardening, traveling, and shoe shoping - ha ha ......... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Geeking about with computer stuff, watching anime, playing games on various consoles and emulators, and exploring lots of music from various sources (thanks iTunes).

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

RC Model flying, Filming my RC Model flying and putting antics on utube/vimeo lol.. sendra45 claims my last video made him feel like an airsick passenger as it was from an on-board HD camera whilst learnign to take-off / land in a field full of tree's.. :)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Definitely movies especially classic films, music--mostly, but not limited to rock & roll, and I used to work with leather a lot and I'm thinking of getting back into it again.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I forgot one thing when I made out my list. I was 16 years old when rock and roll music became popular in the 50's and I was very much into it and still am today. I listen to it daily on a XM radio channel while driving my car and enjoy it very much and Mickey does too. We listen to it together. When we get into the car the radio comes on immediately after the ignition and I ask Mickey for talk radio or rock and roll tunes. The tunes come first always. When I was teaching music I always had a rock and roll unit in my music classes no matter the grade I was teaching and it was always the favorite unit and the kids couldn't wait for me to present it. I still dress just the same as I did in the 50's. At least that is what Mickey says. Jeans and t-shirts are the daily dress for me when I'm not at work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I am into photography, camping, fishing, movies, I used to collect laserdiscs before dvd's came out. I have recently got into video games for the WII console and the WII Fit per my cardiologist. I like going up into the mountains here in Idaho, love the Stanley Lake area, it is absolutely beatiful up there.

I enjoy reading, photography, the outdoors (camping, fishing), cooking, gardening, playing with my laaities (sons), building models - when I have the time, playing field hockey, computer games

what martial arts are you into :)

and what games

z91209 -

On martial arts, mostly tae kwon do (4th degree black), and aiki-jujitsu (3rd degree black). For video games I enjoy Nintendo Wii games (Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilght Princess, Wii Sports Bowling, etc.). I also enjoy classic arcade games (Pacman, Asteroids, Tetris, etc.).

It's funny how my love of video games led me to martial arts. I was playing Street Fighter II for Super NES. And I told myself that if I am that good at fighting games, I should do it for real. And that is just what I did.

Hmm, let's see! There's watching anime (Japanese animation for the uninformed), reading manga (Japanese comics brought to the States and translated into English), watching movies, sports and documentary shows (my faves being Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, How It's Made and The First 48 ), fiction writing (haven't published yet, haven't even finished a book to be published yet), reading superhero comics, surfing the Internet (how I found HHPlace) and walking for exercise.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Computers and computer gaming, reading, listening to music, watching movies.

Almost identical to my hobbies. That and my wife and two kids consume any remaining free time I have outside of work. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from heeling.... -couch potato mostly -video gamer, unfortunately for the Wii -hope to get back into writing soon enough -extreme texter, even after graduation from H.S. -living life as a heeler, if it applies to "Hobbies" :wave:

Formally "HHDude"

• 3 weeks later...