'The Times', page 31, today.

xaphod

YAWN! The usual narrowminded nonsense. Not worth bothering with really. But the article itself was interesting.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi, Jeff,

Someone's up pretty early.

Xa

Blame my twenty years in the Navy for that and how it messed up my biological clock. Heh! Meanwhile, the comments following the article were rather tired and predictable, nothing we haven't seen too many times before. Proof positive that some attitudes regarding gender and clothing will never change.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

What surprises me is that there is nothing in that article that Kneehighs hasn't been saying for months. In fact, he could have written it, :) As far as the comments following the article, they're more "self-serving" to me than actually presenting the writer's true thoughts. (or, so I expect.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Average to good editorial and fairly well balanced. Comments seem to be either been there done it last time (30 [no sorry it was 35] yrs ago. or negatively challenging. Al

I like the last comment from that women who said:

"It won’t last long; men simply don’t have the same pain threshold as women"

- Is it the majority of women who really suffer while wearing their heels ?

I guess the main cause for pain is because they are too narrow or too high ?

There are some HH shoes I would really like to buy but I don't because they are not comfortable.

It is hard to understand why women are OK to endure such pain in order to have nice looking feet ...

I haven't read the comments, but the article is great. I hope that more and more of high heels related for men will get posted more often. I really hope that soon public heeling for men will be more accpted in the near future. Although I do think not everyone can wear heels nicely. But I know the feeling of needing to wear it ! x)

Just looked through some of the comments, some partially homophobic.

Does anyone fancy blitzing their comments section ??? Heh Heh.

Xa

There was a time when I thought people who read The Times were educated, of good stock and basically better than me. That's how I was conditioned by people around me and society in general. Those days have long since past. The comments section shows what a bunch of bigoted morons now help make up their readership. The article also teeters on the edge of insulting / accusing high heels wearers with the line, "These camp, provocatively gender-skewing style statements are not the only way in which the man-heel is flourishing."

Not everyone is "camp", old darling xx :)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Interesting article, although not news breaking especially by readers of this forum. I am more disappointed by some of the comments and the lack of compassion by others for those that choose a path less traveled!

I made my comment and it felt great to put it out there. The more the merrier...

:)

Just looked through some of the comments, some partially homophobic.

Does anyone fancy blitzing their comments section ??? Heh Heh.

Xa

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the article, read it and thought very little about it. To be honest, I was a bit bothered by the photo. To me, it would have been a more positive photo had they put up some men who are dressed in a more masculine look wearing heels that more men could actually pull off. Does that make any sense?

I was pleased with the article and I hope this puts men wearing high heels in at least somewhat positive of a light. Some of the comments were encouraging, but others, I'm afraid, didn't surprise me.