Ok This is my last attepmt for this skirt!

scrappycoco

I know I have asked this question before in the mens only section (I think?) Anyway I am going to show just a picture of the skirt and a few pairs of the shoe's that I have. I'm looking for some input form the lady's and guy's as too what type of MENS SHIRT I could pair with this skirt. I have shown this skirt a few time's on here with a few of the shirt's that I have currently and everyone said (for the most part) none of them looked right. I really want to wear this skirt next time I go to the dentist since I was challanged by the lady's in there to wear one in. So as far a the skirt it's self it's a dark blue Izod pencile skirt. On me it stop's just above my knee. It is of a strechy material and has no slit's in it for walking. I have worn this skirt out before to a therapy session with a pair of loafer's that i have and my theripist loved the look and the way the skirt looked on me. I my self think this skirt look's great on me since it show's my leg's quite well and kind of hug's my butt LOL:silly: Just a little insight I will not wear a skirt out with out some sort of hose on, mainly I guess I am from the old school mode of thinking where hose where used for modesty and to make the leg look better correct me if I'm wrong on that thought. For the most part I wear either nude or suntan. I have worn skirt's with out hose but I think that this one is more of a dressy type jean skirt and truly should be worn with some sort of hose. So please let me know what your thought's are. Here are a few picture's. I showed two of the skirt so you can get a good idea of the color. I am also putting one more picture of me wearing with a shirt I have not shown on here to see what people think.

Here is a better idea of what you are looking at.

1-2 The SKIRT! LOL

3 My Rampage Heel's. These are a T-Strap Heel with just about a 3" thick heel

4 My Mary Jane's that have a 2.75" heel

5 My Fioni Pumps with a 3.75" heel

Im comfortable with wearing any of the above shoe's I would also wear my loafer's too. (I don't have any picture's of them on here). I think all three of these shoe's look great with the skirt. The problem I am having is putting a shirt with it!

Ok so here is a link to the Fioni pumps

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/9735d1274104307-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-p5175342.jpg

Ok so lady's please help a fellow skirt and heel wearer out! I am not the type of guy that will go totally fem I just want to be able to mix and match from both side's of the isle and look good while doing so. i want to be able to show and say too people that just because I am a guy does not mean that I can't show a softer side too. For the guy's you all that wear skirt's and heel's know how hard it is for us guy's that like to wear skirts and heel's not too look to fem while doing so. So your input would be greatly appriciated too! Thanks everyone in advance.

post-18403-133522914273_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522914286_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522914303_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522914322_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522914339_thumb.jpg

To look fem is not bad in terms of fashion, and many women look masculine fashioned without having the male figure as an obligatory condition, they just look different compared to a guy in the same outfit .So some males like me preserve and develop their male figure by fitness and reveal the results with the prettiest clothing and shoes even applied on the upper half (no cups and bra-like parts) to make a complete look.If you try to mix a fem top with man's trousers and shoes it would not look well too, the same is applied to skirt and heels and a baggy man's shirt or other similar apparel. Just my opinion...I am NOT the universal law, anyone can do whatever he/she likes.The problem is that a masculine looking woman in terms of fashion is not under the pressure and scorn as a guy that prefers feminine fashion as a complete outfit. Remember no wigs, pads and other fake parts permitted :). As I always say, I use masculine and feminine just to make myself clear, otherwise I do not believe that objects have genitalia to be male or female.

Just browsed through you galleries and for me the shoes that you have are very formal like the type that you would wear to the office but they sort of go with jeans as a smart casual, do you have to wear heels with the skirt why cant you wear sneakers because for me the skirt works as a casual look with your shirts but the shoes throw the whole balance out. Brown or tan shoes work best with a casual look for denim in my opinion or even failing that try wearing light black tights sorry hoes just to try and blend in the shoes with the skirt a bit.:)

It's all a bit frumpy. If you wore a more fitted tapered skirt and some really cool tights (hose) and different shoes and a more feminine top then it could work fine. At the moment it looks like the top half of a tenpin bowling pro and the bottom half of his mother. Have a look at the attached images for ideas of what I mean. Type 'feminine menswear' into google images and go on an adventure. I always think that if you're gonna do something daring and different then people are gonna look. You might as well give them something amazing to look at! Keep pushing your look, Ben p.s. You have great legs!

post-9545-133522914369_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522914373_thumb.jpg

...Type 'feminine menswear' into google images and go on an adventure...

Amen to that.

-OR-

A white men's button down long sleeved shirt, starched and pressed, unbutton the top two buttons, roll up the sleeves to around your forearms, make sure you have no undershirt, and make sure you are comfortable with the amount of chest hair you show (shave/wax/trim--whichever best suits your situation). Accessorize with a watch in a color/fabric that you like and add a necklace that matches if you are comfortable.

Make sure the belt matches the shoes, if you tuck your shirt in. If you tuck your shirt in, make sure it stays neatly tucked around the waistline.

-OR-

A plain white t-shirt with a blazer over it, sleeves rolled up on both arms, a nice silver watch and maybe one matching necklace if you are comfortable with it.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I really appriciate all the comment's and idea's. I do have an update to this I did find a pair of maryjane shoe's form LEI that I think will look great with this skirt. They are not a flasy as the others but still look good. The picture that I took does not do the shoe justice so I will take a picture of the shoe's and the skirt together for every one to offer up there oppinion. Any way here are the shoe's.

Here is a link to the picture

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/9912d1275395573-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-imag0031.jpg

Ok so here is a picture of what these shoe's kind of look like with the skirt I keep going on about. The picture really does not do the 2 justice and I am in a spot where I do not have my good camera to take a picture with. SO I hope this will solicite a few more suggestion's.

post-18403-133522915288_thumb.jpg

The denim skirt is a casual look to begin with. Consequently most of the casual wear that go well with a pair of jeans will match. My preference is one notch (or so) above the usual t-shirt.

I think the Hawaiian shirt style works.

An other alternative is to go with one of the canvas or chamois cloth shirts, especially when the temperatures start to drop a little. I have one like this (below) in red.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat603477&id=0027016900009a&navCount=7&podId=0027016&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=&indexId=cat603756

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so here is a picture of what these shoe's kind of look like with the skirt I keep going on about. The picture really does not do the 2 justice and I am in a spot where I do not have my good camera to take a picture with. SO I hope this will solicite a few more suggestion's.

I think it looks good,thanks for showing us your skirt and shoes

• 5 months later...

hi scrappycoco,personally i prefer the last foto where you are wearing boots.To me that is a quality look and i would have no hesitation whatsoever in wearing that outfit to go anywhere in.The only thing about the photo is that you can't see the heel type or height!! Mine would be 4 or 5 inch stilettoes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I like the look but I think that is a denim skirt? If so.. then it is a bit casual looking so I think you need to drop the black patent pumps and go for a more casual looking heel, such as a wooden stacked heel. As others have rightly said you're lucky and have great legs, and you are not a big bulky guy so in my opinion (and based on you shoe choices thus far) I think you can work/ want to work stilettos, so I would recommend a more casual styled stacked stiletto heel with an upper in tan/ nude - even coloured if you're up to it? Match the upper of the shoe to the shirt you're wearing? Black patent heels are more dressy, and would require a straight skirt or fitted dress in my opinion. Just my thoughts anyway. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hey Scrappy - think your getting there. Tend to agree with Heel-Lover re patent pumps, if they were another material you could probably get away with, its just the patent part that makes them quite 'dressy'. That said, I think theyre great shoes. However also looked at the previous post and think that the boots work well with the skirt and top you had on

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Well I think that they bouth look great. You have some good idea and I would keep playing around with them. I would like to see what they look like in pants, stand up and get a long shot. I think you would look great. Have a good one and I'll be looking for you next pics.

• 1 year later...

Actually just about any of those shirts would be good just dump the pointy toes. The few times that I tried to wear pointy toes I could not walk properly and not for long. Another thing is that blue denim is what is called a trouser skirt like it looks like trouser at the top and this style is probably the most acceptable for a guy.

Scrappycoco, you're legs look amazing in that last pic of you in the Lei maryjanes. Please don't cover up your legs in boots! I love the idea of balancing traditionally "masculine" and "feminine" articles of clothing.

This is my bias, as someone that dresses up for everything, but I think you should stick with the heels and not do sneakers, loafers, or the like. A stacked heel like Heel-Lover mentioned would look good, but I think you can do the Lei maryjanes. I agree that the patent heels look to dressy for the looks you have paired them with, and I think a black dressy "mens" shirt, possibly with embroidering or something else that might elevate it would lot better than the original shirt. The white turtle neck is close, but it feels like something is missing.

I think you could do black tights, but like I said, what a shame to cover your legs. I say do a dressed-up denim skirt look instead of a casual one. Hose, the heels, a black dressy shirt. The black of the shirt will help pull it together. Have fun! Can't wait to see what you go with. :wavey:

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I liked the turtleneck! I need to pick up a few sweaters, I think a white turtleneck is in the picture! THANK YOU! :wavey: The problem I see with denim skirts on guys ( or any skirts actually ).. no hips to give it shape. Any of the shoes you have used thus far should work IMO. Maybe put on a longer sweater like in the photo attached.. This past week, I TRIED to wear one of Darians skirts ( I just do shoes/footwear, not much else myself ) and even with a 27inch waist and a longer inseam.. it just didnt work for *me*. It could for others though ( Thinking JeffB and one of the younger guys avatars ).

post-30256-133522973396_thumb.jpg

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The problem I see with denim skirts on guys ( or any skirts actually ).. no hips to give it shape.

Exactly the problem I see with most guys wearing skirts.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My biggest problem with skirts is so many are restrictive on the stride. My hip is about 36 and the waist about 28 to 30 depending on if that is before or after lunch. Then sometimes I get some pains in my back and have to find a corset that will not try to squeeze my hip and still cinch down to 22 inch. Anyway finding a skirt that will fit my waist and hip has not been a problem.

My biggest problem with skirts is so many are restrictive on the stride.

Then wear a style of skirt that is not restrictive. Thigh hugging styles are going to be restricting especially if not in a stretchy fabric.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The problem I see with denim skirts on guys ( or any skirts actually ).. no hips to give it shape.

Meh! I've seen women with no hips wear denim skirts, so that's no problem. I've also seen women who look like they're in their third trimester wear denim skirts, and let me tell you, that's a terrifying sight.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Meh! I've seen women with no hips wear denim skirts, so that's no problem. I've also seen women who look like they're in their third trimester wear denim skirts, and let me tell you, that's a terrifying sight.

All the more reason NOT to join them lol :wavey:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Meh! I've seen women with no hips wear denim skirts, so that's no problem.

Yes, ' wearing ' them, not trying to be stylish or anything :wavey:

I've also seen women who look like they're in their third trimester wear denim skirts, and let me tell you, that's a terrifying sight.

Ala ' Sausage roll ' effect? Your not kidding! RUN! HIDE!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Scrappycoco, you're legs look amazing in that last pic of you in the Lei maryjanes. Please don't cover up your legs in boots! I love the idea of balancing traditionally "masculine" and "feminine" articles of clothing.

This is my bias, as someone that dresses up for everything, but I think you should stick with the heels and not do sneakers, loafers, or the like. A stacked heel like Heel-Lover mentioned would look good, but I think you can do the Lei maryjanes. I agree that the patent heels look to dressy for the looks you have paired them with, and I think a black dressy "mens" shirt, possibly with embroidering or something else that might elevate it would lot better than the original shirt. The white turtle neck is close, but it feels like something is missing.

I think you could do black tights, but like I said, what a shame to cover your legs. I say do a dressed-up denim skirt look instead of a casual one. Hose, the heels, a black dressy shirt. The black of the shirt will help pull it together. Have fun! Can't wait to see what you go with. :wavey:

Well thanks for the advise. It kind of nice to hear advise and compliments from the ladies. I have had a few women that I work with tell me I have great legs for a guy and they wish there's where as good. Anyway I have had to get rid of the black patent pumps. They came apart at the seam so I got a new pair of black pumps. They are a round toe pump that a just black. I think they go really well with the skirt and suntan hose.

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=86&pictureid=7665

Let me know what you think?

You need hips to wear skirts - that is nonsense in my opinion.So to wear trousers you need not to have hips?Check some history of clothing/shoes/apparel and see what men have worn(from ancient times till Renaissance) and what women and do NOT let yourself be fooled by stereotypes.Men should be compared to men,women to women no matter what - upper clothing,lower clothing and etc. we are talking about.

You need hips for certain skirts otherwise they just come off looking like a tube. Skirts with volume that flare away from the body are preferred for the person with no hips.