how to affix rhinestones

can somebody help me please I am trying to jazz up my shoes and I would like to add rhinestones/ sequins or just what ever takes my fancy to them but I am not sure as to what glue I should be using. Superglue I suppose would not be flexible enough how about barge glue would that work or do you know of another that would be best.

dont hold your breath for pictures because i am still in the just thinking about it stage but as soon as i do i will upload pics. the glue is for future reference just in case i want to glam up any type of shoe.

Go to a good craft shop and ask them. I would recommend UHU power. I have used it to stick almost everything. Basically you need something that will flex. It also depends on where you put the sparkles on the shoes.

• 1 month later...

I do a lot of ballroom dancing and when we have to glue rhinestones on dresses or shoes most of us swear by E-6000 glue. You can usually find it at Michaels or other craft stores. It stinks to high heaven, but it holds like crazy. A quick tip I learned was to take an orange stick and put a glob of wax on the end of it. You can use that as a stone picker so you can pick up the rhinestone more easily and place it without fumbling and getting glue all over the place. Hope it helps. Ellen