Easy made "locking" boots ...

It starts with a sad story ... the zipper "puller" on my favorite leather boots broke off. Nice boots, from Morgan (France), with a 3,25" thin block heel, ruined. Well, not that ruined, but ... I can easily pull the zipper close even without the puller, but apparently, as on many boots actually, the slider is 'auto locking' if you don't hold the puller to avoid the zipper to open while you walk. This means that I can wear those boots anytime everywhere, but to take them off, I need a thin device like a needle that I pass through the zipper slider to "unlock" it. I made tests on my other boots, and apparently all zippers work the same way : the "puller" has to be in to be able to open the zipper. I already converted two pairs to "locking" boots. This means I can put them in a bag, walk away, put them on, and then I'm forced to go all the way back home with the boots on (unless 1) I find a needle or thin device. 2) I ruin the boots). I hope my explanation is clear enough ... not english native, and it's rather complicated to explain :wink:

It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I quite grasp the full details, but I like the idea of locking boots :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Ah, but perhaps the excitement of being stuck in them is part of the thrill! I know that the first few times I went off somewhere in heels, it was a real thrill knowing that I didn't have any way to chicken out, as my trainers were safely back in my hotel room, or something like that!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I was working for a footwear manufacturer who had one factory dedicated to producing shoes & boots for Marks & Spencer. They produced a new boot and it was only when 20000 pairs had been shipped to various stores that the complaints came in - no one had checked the zips, which went up okay but positively refused to unzip. This came to light after one lady was stuck in them in a store for around an hour before the boots were cut off her.

I've been told that people who have shoes with locking ankle straps do something similar. They would leave the key at home, drive somewhere, park, then try to walk home without being seen. The thrill of being caught is the reason why they do this.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.