can i paint boots?

yesterday i bought an stilleto heel pointed toe pair of boots but i got them in white and i wanted them in black so i was wondering if there is a way of painting them without messing up the boots :S

Yes, most shoe repairers and many supermarkets sell shoe dye. I have successfully changed many pairs of white shoes to black in this way. Another way is to use permanent markers... Test a small area first. (Not bad, an answer within 4 minutes... how good are we?)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

if its a polished leather you will need to wipe them over with something like mentholated spirits prier to dying as often they are lacquered at the end of production to make them "Look" nice! Then you will need a water based dye, NOT a spirit based one, as spirit based including potentially a marker pen, will lift & flake after a short period of time, as these rely on being able to soak into leather. the key with water based dyes, is firstly they will adhere well to the shinny surface & 2nd they have good elasticity so will be less like to crack. I'm not to familiar with what brands of water based paint on dyes are available in the Mexico, perhaps another member could comment? Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

water based on these, however if you paint the zips they will look sh*t after a few wears! so although it would be a bit of a clash, I'd avoid painting the zips for best results. If the leathers mat then yes you would use a spirit based dye, as it would be able to soak into the surface.

Basically, if the shoe reflect light after cleaning its surfaced & needs water based paint on dye. If it doesn't reflect light after cleaning (important to remove any polish or finishings) then the dye will soak into the surface & a spirit based dye can be used. You boots need a water based surface dye.