a day in high heels

hi all I am new here and I have on the odd occassion worn hh for a day however it has been some time since my last day out in heels this I done on sunday the 6/7/03 and I LOVED iT YEAPIEEEEEEEEEEE. :wink::D:o:D:) ooops sorry for the enthuasim one complaint the ball on my right foot is sore from walking all day and driveing so with brokern heel and now a sore foot i must be (a) a idiot or (B) glutern for punishment © any idea as to if it will pass and i can walk more regularly in hh? :lol::D:o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: john wethheels ps any ladies worn wet hh please let me know?

I've ended up with wet heels, but I cannot say I enjoyed it. Back when I was only at three inch heels, I ended up caught in one of those weird Alberta weather moments. From sunny and warm, to a slush storm at the end of the day. Okay, to your issues. The problem with the pain can be two things, either stress on that foot so it hurts, or, you need to build endurance. When I started my training in 2002 to get to 5.5 inch heels, I did notice that as I moved up to five inch heels, there was some soreness at times. it wasn't a bad pain (I get worse pains when wearing runners or going barefoot and being too active). My advice is take time to practice. If you are committed to wearing high heels all day, you cannot just do it after large periods of heel inactivity. You need to wear heels and build up your endurance. That's how I did it. Now my only problem is the sandal straps on my new white sandals cut into my feet when I am retaining water.

Well, wethheels, I've found that too much driving in heels can be painful. Sometimes walking around feels better. I think it's a thing of not moving your feet enough, especially if the shoes are a little tight. Perhaps it was that.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Practice with your shoes as per Laurie's advice. And wear well fitting shoes with heels in moderation. Tight shoes are bad but heels are not, provided you are sensible about it. I won't answer the wet shoes question as I'm not a girl :wink:

hi all :o its great to get such reassuring advise i will take your tips onboard and let you al know how i go,my only wish is now to meet chat with some nice ladie over a pair of nice high heels who knows ? what might happern . any way thanks a lot john wethh :D:D:wink:

If the balls of your feet hurt from wearing high heels, you might consider going on an Atkins diet (or something similar) and losing some weight. I speak from some experience--I have lost 32 lbs in the last 2 months, and my feet (and knees) feel the difference. Another 60 or so to go though... :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Diet? That's an awful word! The goal is great, the method makes me nervous. Az, not to belittle the message, because your idea of dropping a few pounds is a good one. I just cringe when I hear diet, since so many use it to refer to a way to lose weight. I would suggest exercise, portion control, and more variety. Dark chocolate instead of milk, chicken breasts without skin, trim the fat from steaks before cooking... little things like this nip away at the calories, without the body missing out on anything. Maybe I should design the Laurie Diet. But then, I(am not following it very well, so I'd never be able to say that it works... :wink: HEY! I like Oreo cookies! I can't help it!

32 lbs in 8 weeks sounds a bit drastic! I'd say try and stick to 1-2 lbs a week though I spoke to someone from the board who has also tried the atkin's diet and has lost quickly initially. But all in all, weight loss is a good idea to be at a healthy weight, if you wear heels. Your shoes will look better too. Like Laurie, I'm not following it too well at the moment but the time has come for an effort.

I have cut down my portion sizes, cut down on fat here and there, and I haven't had a problem with my jeans in weeks. Now if I can get them to be too loose all of the time... 32 lbs in 8 weeks is dangerous. Of course, if you were close to a goal, say for myself, needing (muttering under her breath because women don't talk about this sort of thing) then if you can do it in a month, fine! The other problem with diets is that they plateau. See, these so called diet plans are quick fixes. The body is shocked into losing weight, in a sense. And after time, the diet becomes ineffective, as the body figures out what is going on, and adapts to thwart this. Then people switch to another diet, trying to fool the body again, and more weight is lost in a quick fashion. It's not good for the body, really. Burning more energy than you are taking on is what works best, and the body looks better for it. :wink:

Many Atkin's dieters have had problems putting weight back on aftrwards. Because you are still eating calories but tricking the body into not metabolising so much fat, by starving it of carbohydrates. Bodies get wise to that. You may not make so much fat, but the body slow the metabolism to compensate.

if only i could lose weight. i could fly choppers again :wink: and do it in heels life on the ground sucks but any way please let me know how to lose so much weight my icq no is 68595757 john wethheels ok i have takern on what you all have said and it is working last night I wore heels all the day and most in the the nigh i went for a lower heel and it saved my foot also some of you might recall that i broke a pair of heels while walking in them i rang the import company direct and they said go back for a refund or repalacement pair i did the shop assitant whom caused me grife was more than happy to help me while their I was giver the owners direct phone no :D amazing when you go to the top and complain thanks all see you in hheels johnwethheels

wetheels wrote:

if only i could lose weight.

i could fly choppers again

Why can't you fly choppers without losing weight.?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I once did as Laurie suggests. I stopped having sugar in coffee, and just cut back a bit. I went down to about ten stone, which is a bit too light for my build. I'm now about 12st, which is a bit more than I think I should be, but I've been told that it suits me. I'm fortunate in that the kids keep me active, so with a lot of walking and running, plus hopefully swimming, cycling and so on, I should stay about where I am. I think it's a real shame when something like weight &c stops you doing what you want to do. I re-read the comments above, and I'm rather embarrassed about what I said. Obviously I meant what I said to be funny, but now I think I owe wethheels an apology. So I'd like to say sorry. Oh, and wethheels, I know nothing about losing weight other than what I've written above, but if I can help in any way, feel free to PM me or mail me.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm now about 12st, which is a bit more than I think I should be, but I've been told that it suits me.

You look great as you are :wink: and you have one of the fullest hearts that I've ever had the privilege to encounter xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

YY, have you tried the "no calorie sweetener "Splenda?" Its made from sugar so it tastes like sugar. The medical community says It is suitable for people with diabetes. If you are interested in reducing your sugar consumption, you might try it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You look great as you are :lol: and you have one of the fullest hearts that I've ever had the privilege to encounter xx

Thanks, Julietta!

Perhaps that's where this extra weight is coming from then!

Oh, and Bubba: I have virtually no sugar now anyway, so I'm fine for sweetener-type things, but thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it!