This board ain't no fun at all

Van

Sorry guys, but this new board is too complicated and by splitting the messages under so many different topics, the fun and spontaneity of the old board have gone. There's no more exchange, no more conviviality. I know the old one has drawbacks, but this one has much more. We loose touch with each other. I'll drop by, once in a while, I guess, if I have enough time, otherwise you can always find me (and Emery and some other old geezers) on the old board. See you overthere. Vanessa

It's nice that you like the old board better, but you should post there a lot more to give it your support! This site does require some navigation and practice, but in time, it is easy to swing in, see that there are new messages in a category, and read them without the hassle of searching through everything. Of course, only Jenny's board has the multiple threads for replying to a message which I prefer. So I will visit there every day as time permits. I hope there will be a bit more to read on Jenny's now that you have epxressed your preference...

Agree with you Laurie. Vanessa, it's easy once you get into the swing. The little document cases on the side of the each forum tell one all, if the're red, then there's a new post since the last time you viewed the site. Once you've got the hang it will grow on you. Anyhow good to see you still support Jenny's old board, because I do. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Quote "There's no more exchange, no more conviviality..." I'll have to disagree with that. 1800 posts in a month and 50 odd different opinions in reponse to Debbie's topics on 7" heels and platforms as just one example. It certainly matches up to "exchange" in my book B) You probably hit the nail on the head when yoi said it was too complicated. If you don't use the search function on default, it is quite easy to get lost quickly. Have you tried using that? Or have you tried using private messages. It's very personal and convivial, not to mention convenient. Apart from that, I can only say, I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you, but stick at it. And like you say, we are keeping the other boards going for those who prefer, so it only adds up to more choice :smile: _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-14 14:42 ]</font>

i agree with the above comments. i think this board is quite easy to get around and find new posts. the different categories make it easier to post to the exact area. you can see the new posts by going to the last comment in the category. but to each his own. you can still support the other board also.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I think that the new board is great. The original one still exists and is still very lively, so it's up to personal choice. I still visit and post on both boards. So Vanessa, get posting on the other board we would love to hear more from you there if that's the one you prefer. Debbie _________________ This is a platform free shoe zone! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Debbie(HK) on 2002-02-20 02:00 ]</font>

This is a platform free shoe zone!

• 2 weeks later...

As has been explained by Firefox numerous times. Go to the search page and with the default settings there, hit search. You will be presented with a list of most recent messages, newest one being at the top of the list.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

When I first came across this type of board I must admit that I found it quite hard, I was quite dissapointed to find that this board was the same, however having gotten used to it I prefer it to the new board. My trick, just go prowling around and you very soon find where everything is located :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Oh my gawd, complicated??!! Agree with Laurie. It's piss easy, even easier than walking in 5" heels. This board is completely standard of the many forum type boards on the net. I post on 100's of them so I should know B) Come on, suss it out, and you'll have fun, otherwise you'll die wandering, and that would never do B) ~Caz :smile:

I agree. At first I found this site complicated but over time I soon got the hang of it. I actually like the tyopic function because certain topics bore me to tears and others (shoemaking for example) I enjoy.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I like haunting both boards so as to get in as much discussion as possible. I also like E-mailing my heeled friends across the huge pond as well. Then there's IM..can't get much more personal than that! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, we've still got the other boards too. I cleared up a bit of spam on the girls forum when you were away Debbie. Tom-NL pointed it out for me. I must admit I do like the spontanaity and colours of the other boards, but any long conversations I'll have here :smile:

• 7 years later...

Tomkrause:-) A proper introduction in the right spot would make it a lot easier for our members to find and to post to you and converse about all you would like to know about wearing high heels at home and out in public. Just use the "Hellos and Goodbyes" thread. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!