Ok need a little help with what to wear my new heel's with!

scrappycoco

So witch look's better! Please vote before posting  

31 members have voted

1. 1. So witch look's better! Please vote before posting

• Izod skirt with suntan hose and Fioni 3.75" heel.
    • Izod skirt with suntan hose and MJ's with a 2.75" heel.
    • Izod skirt with suntan hose and Rampage 3" heel.
    • Izod skirt with black hose and MJ's with a 2.75" heel
    • Fioni 3.75" heel with jean's.

I just bought a pair of Fioni 3.75" heel's from payless! For a shoe that came from them I think they look great! My biggest problem is that I am not really too sure as to what or how to wear them? By this I mean I have a few pair's of men's pant's I think they look ok with and a skirt I think they look ok with. I'm just not too sure if I should stick to wearing them with pant's or if I should wear them with a skirt only or both. I have read a lot of place's that say if you wear a skirt that is short, and have short leg's like me, you shouldn't wear a really tall heel. That it can cause the leg to look too long. I have also read that a heel of this height should be for a knee length skirt or below too help make the leg look longer, too witch I only have too skirt's that are that length one fit's me and the other at this moment does not, to help make the leg look longer and if you wear with pant's that the hem of the pant's should hit mid way down the heel witch most of my men's pant's do! If you read my last out and about post you will see that I wore heel's to my dentist and the one lady in there challanged me to wear a skirt in, since I told her I also wear skirt's too! I wear skirt's out and about alot and have done so with no problem. The only thing I have not done is wear a skirt out and about with a true high heel. So I am not really sure what look's good and what doesn't. I have worn heels out and about with pant's with no problem's and no one has ever said a word. Just for some reason I have not been able to put the skirt and heel's together mainly cause I'm not sure what looks good on me! That's why I am asking for some help not only from the guy's but from the lady's here since they have a little more experance with this. HELP!!!!!! PS I have included a few pic's to help you all! The one pic of me in a skirt with heel's don't pay attetion to the t-shirt. I would not wear that with that skirt! Here is the break down of what you are seeing! 1. In this picture I just want too know how the pump's look with that skirt. This skirt's land's about 6 to 8" above the knee. I won't be wearing a t-shirt with it I'll find something else. This is the skirt I am worried about wearing a tall heel with. The shoe's are the fioni pump's that have about a 3.75" skinny heel. 2. I am wearing the same skirt from the first picture only with a shirt that I think looks good with the skirt. The shirt stop's just about at my waist. I am wearing suntan hose and my black MJ pump's that have a 2.75" heel on them. These shoe's I love to death they are very comfortable for heel's. 3. In this picture once again I am wearing the same skirt from the first picture's and shirt, I think this skirt looks great with this skirt. The shoe's in this picture are Rampage T-strap pump's. The shoe has a thick 3" heel and a .5" platform that's hard too see. 4. In this one once again I am wearing the same skirt with a different shirt form the other picture's only I am wearing it with black hose and my MJ's. 5. Is me wearing my Fioni pump's with suntan hose and pant's. The skirt in the first 4 picture's is a Izod dark denium skirt that land's just about 6 -8" above my knee's. To me I would consider it a short skirt. That is kind of why I am afraid to wear this skirt out with a shoe that has anything other than a small heel. I have worn this skirt out with a pair of loafer's that has about only a 1.5" heel. To witch my counslar that I see said it looked great. As far as the shoe's go I have worn the MJ's with pant's both dress and jean's with no problem's. The Rampage T-Strap's I have also worn out with pant's of some sort with no problem. This shoe looks really great with a pair of jean's cause if the color I think and it really does not stand out too much. Now my Fioni pump's on the other had are the boldest shoe I have! they are very shinny and have the tallest skinnyest heel I own! So let me know what everyone think's

post-18403-133522912754_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522912757_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522912759_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522912761_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522912763_thumb.jpg

The jeans definitely. With all respect I always think that a guy in skirt, hose and heels (and not actually trying to crossdress) looks a bit too weird. Yes, I agree that we should freestyle but it's not freestyling when you wear girls stuff from the waist down and men's stuff from the waist up.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The jeans definitely.

With all respect I always think that a guy in skirt, hose and heels (and not actually trying to crossdress) looks a bit too weird.

Yes, I agree that we should freestyle but it's not freestyling when you wear girls stuff from the waist down and men's stuff from the waist up.

Ok I can agree with you to a point. I guess my thing is trying to be able to mix both world's for me. I see women all the time that are able to take say a tux jacket and shirt and match it with a long or just below the knee skirt and it looks great. With me and my style of dress I'm trying to get people too understand that a guy doesn't have to be stuck wearing men's only clothing to still be called male. I want people to see that I can wear a skirt and heel's and still look and act like a male for the most part. By going full fem it's defeating the prupoius for me I guess.:) thanks for your honest opp. though.

If I blank out the top half of your photos it looks like a woman's outfit. Vice Versa and it looks like a man's. 'I see women all the time that are able to take say a tux jacket and shirt and match it with a long or just below the knee skirt and it looks great.' That's because women wearing menswear will also wear makeup and heels and skirts and voluminous blouses and adapt the look to accessorize the outfit. To make it work the other way around, think of the great men who have pioneered the movement. Look up and study famous gender bending rock stars and actors. Even American Idol star Adam Lambert is a good place to start. Obviously tone it down for day time. Integrate, integrate, integrate!!! Think of the look as a whole.

The last photo combo of jeans + heels looks best. The shirt color however, doesn't really match in my opinion. The patent pumps are nice. I agree with Dr.Shoe that adopting a more feminine style which includes heels,hose,skirts requires a more general feminine look. That doesn't mean that you need to put on a wig or wear makeup but it does require a clean look and to pay attention to detail. Happyfeat has got it down to a science. Although Ive never actually seen his face (assassins do like to stay anonymous lol) I think that he also sports a goatee, i.e he doesn't try in any way to conceal the fact that he is a man. Yet he manages to pull off very feminine styles very well. Browse his photo collection (It seems that his wardrobe collection rivals that of Imelda Marcus's lol). It can give you good ideas how to pull off a good look. Forget for a second the gender issue. LOOK how normal women (not those who only eat granola bars and go to the gym and attend yoga classes 7 times a week) who wear the styles you do look like. The ones with a successful style have taken the time to match the clothes with their body style, makeup, hair style etc.. We've all spotted women who didn't take the time to coordinate their look and frankly, they DO NOT look good, especially if they opt for a feminine style. Just because they are women, it does NOT mean that they can pull any feminine look. The same applies to a guy. You want to look good wearing a skirt and pumps, you need to work on it. Its not that hard. Go to the mall and observe. In any case, I think that it IS important to try and avoid looking as though you were sawed in half at the hip and your lower body was replaced by the lower body of a woman.

I like the look with the t-bar pumps, but that's just me. Perhaps a knee-length skirt and some knee-high boots? I think that look rocks all the time.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

scrappycoco: I for one liked the first picture with the skirt and pumps. Unlike Dr. Shoe, I don't find the "wearing half of one gender's clothing, half of the other" at all odd since I do that myself on a regular basis, so perhaps my opinion in this matter is somewhat biased. However, you just HAVE to do something about those shirts! You should opt for something dressier like I wear on my outings, even for when you wear jeans or pants, upgrade your shirts and you'll present a casual yet classy look. Whether you wear jeans or skirts, always attempt to look stylish at all times, don't just slap together an outfit at the last minute, PLAN one, and you'll look as great as you feel.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

T

In any case, I think that it IS important to try and avoid looking as though you were sawed in half at the hip and your lower body was replaced by the lower body of a woman.

I think that us exactly the problem, the top doesn't go with the bottom, there is no coordination. It kind of looks like you've lost your trousers and you've grabbed the nearest thing you can find, like the cartoon pauper wearing a barrel.

A much longer skirt would work better as would a rather smarter shirt. I think Long sleeves? and then a long line jacket.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Scrappycoco, I think the first option, skirt with neutral hosiery and pumps looks best. In terms of your questions, I think that shorter skirts/ higher hemlines suit higher heels, so the two go together. Higher heels do not go so well with longer skirts. You said you weren't sure about wearing bolder heels with a skirt, I used to think the same but I realised that any heel could be construed as innapropriate, so why not let it be really decent pair of highs if thats what you like. Your chosen skirt length is very practical - and I wouldn't call it short, the length is a smidgen above knee, which is universally the most flattering length. You are blessed with good legs so why not show them, higher heels will help, just avoid ankle straps if you are baring some leg as they make give an illusion of shortening your legs. You do need to watch the top half- lower half thing as other have said. Just make sure it is coordinated and tailored looking (ie a fitted skirt is going to suit a fitted jacket/ shirt/ blouse etc) and I believe it possible to have a sharp look with a more feminine lower half/ androgenous top half. Good luck and enjoy! rgds Heel-Lover

I do not think that your lower half is like a woman as some people have implied, many women wear male style apparel even thoroughly from head to heels and still it is not the same as looking at a guy. My personal view is that skirt and heels looks best with a "feminine" top but chosen carefully.Some models have cups and so on that are not good for males and flat chested women.I wear elastic tops and some non elastic ones that do not require boobs. It works quite well, there are pictures of some guys that actually succeed at doing that.And remember do not compare it with how it would fit on a woman, females do not do that when are masculine looking.It is different but very good. Male clothing is drab, boring, one-dimensional for me and it just doesn't work with a skirt and heels. Not that this must be your criterion but women do not mix masculine looking clothes with skirts and heels almost never and for a reason. P.S. I use the term masculine and feminine just to depict some social conceptions - I do not believe that inanimate objects have sex- to be male or female.

Now I wonder how often a mans legs are used to model hosiery. As has often been demonstrated in pictures on this site, and scrappy you are no exception, mens legs generally look better than womens legs. I have overheard my wife saying this about my legs (accompanied by the phrase "damn him" tee heee). I presume it is because we have greater muscle mass in the calf and as long as this is not overly excessive then it looks better that the usual chicken legs often sported by women. Personally the larger calf mass absolutely begs to be on top of a pair of heels as they tone up if you know what I mean. Now I am a fan of skirted garments and when it is hot (rare in the UK) then my Kikoy (a type of African Male tribal wear - Google it) comes out and I am one comfortable guy. However, I don;t think I will be taking up a skirt as a general idea anytime soon. Scrappy, carry on doing what you are doing - its great that guys want to do as you do. However, I would say that your new heels, being patent demand a skirt that is a little more formal than one made of denim as that material rather begs to be casual. I always prefer JeffB's look when he pairs his denim skirt with a pair of loafers rather than heels - it looks more natural to me (same for a girl in a denim skirt too, but thats my view). No doubt its quite a challenge to get the look right, and depending upon your thoughts, you may consider Heel-lover's words. He has demonstrated a rather sharp look with the skirt suit which would sit well with your new shoes. Some don't like the juxtaposition of male/female which I understand and respect, however, I rather do as it is very striking and really does make a statement. There is no doubt it is rather a shock with the male top and female bottom but it is dramatic. Then again the blending style demonstrated by Kneehighs really works very well too (and again your shoes would fit perfectly in that style) although it is not a skirted look. Just depends on where you wish to go. As to the jeans, I feel they are a lilttle too baggy to work with the heels. A tighter, bootflare cut would be more flattering than the loose fit pictured. Thus I have refrained from voting as my preference is not an option. Main thing is you are enjoying the freedom of choice. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Ok so after reading some of your guy's suggestion's I decided to look at what some of the other guys that wear skirt's and heels on here have done! So here is a picture of what I come up with. The outfit consist of A white mens turtle neck, a black mens blazer, dark blue izod jean skirt, nude leggs everyday support hose and my fioni pumps. I have read everyone of your guy's post and taken your advise. The one thing I don't want to do is pair a fem top with the skirt. I figure if a women can wear a skirt and heels with some sort of mens top why can't I put a skirt with mens stuff like they do. I really need to find a good black skirt but that's for a rainy day. Anyway most of the time I wear suntan hose but today I decided on nude cause some of the fashion web sites I have been too for women say that you should try not to wear leg wear that take's too much away from the total look of the outfit. So I wore nude for this outfit to bring out the shoe's and skirt more. To witch I think I did. So here is a picture of what I came up with. I also tried a pair of skinny jeans with these pumps since that seams to big thing with women right now. Now these jeans are my wife's so I wont wear them out cause they are her's. I just tried them to see how they looked with the pumps. I know the shirt looks bad cause it's too small. I need to find some other shirt's witch I will So let me know what you guy's think?

post-18403-133522912801_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522912816_thumb.jpg

i hope you dont mind scrappycoco but i have taken the liberty of altering some of you photos to show you the difference a different colour skirt can make, i am no artist but i hope that it will show you that to me everything else is fine but the skirt is wrong. the first is just a change in colour. the second i have made it to just below the knee for me it still works with the shoes that you have. p.s have a play with a paint program on your computer it can help with deciding what goes with what to moderators if scrappy minds what i have done then please delete this posting.

post-21335-13352291288_thumb.jpg

post-21335-133522912883_thumb.jpg

i hope you dont mind scrappycoco but i have taken the liberty of altering some of you photos to show you the difference a different colour skirt can make, i am no artist but i hope that it will show you that to me everything else is fine but the skirt is wrong.

the first is just a change in colour.

the second i have made it to just below the knee for me it still works with the shoes that you have.

p.s have a play with a paint program on your computer it can help with deciding what goes with what

to moderators if scrappy minds what i have done then please delete this posting.

I totally understand what you are saying about the color and length of the skirt! I do really need another black dress skirt cause the one that I have I can no longer wear cause my waist has gotten too big! I don't mind what you have done to me. I just thought that that jean skirt looked good with everything the way I had it?:)

• 5 months later...

Ok so after reading some of your guy's suggestion's I decided to look at what some of the other guys that wear skirt's and heels on here have done! So here is a picture of what I come up with. The outfit consist of A white mens turtle neck, a black mens blazer, dark blue izod jean skirt, nude leggs everyday support hose and my fioni pumps. I have read everyone of your guy's post and taken your advise. The one thing I don't want to do is pair a fem top with the skirt. I figure if a women can wear a skirt and heels with some sort of mens top why can't I put a skirt with mens stuff like they do. I really need to find a good black skirt but that's for a rainy day. Anyway most of the time I wear suntan hose but today I decided on nude cause some of the fashion web sites I have been too for women say that you should try not to wear leg wear that take's too much away from the total look of the outfit. So I wore nude for this outfit to bring out the shoe's and skirt more. To witch I think I did. So here is a picture of what I came up with. I also tried a pair of skinny jeans with these pumps since that seams to big thing with women right now. Now these jeans are my wife's so I wont wear them out cause they are her's. I just tried them to see how they looked with the pumps. I know the shirt looks bad cause it's too small. I need to find some other shirt's witch I will So let me know what you guy's think?

Actually, I think that both outfits look pretty good...I really like the jeans. On balance, as you don't want to wear a woman's jacket - I think that a guys jacket with more 'fit' in the cut would look better. Can you get men's blazer's which are 'nipped' in closer to the waist?

As for the jeans.....yes, I would wear a top that's a little more generous in body...something slightly more 'billowy'...that would emphasize the shape of your legs and your hips and butt (you have great legs BTW..).

Overall, I like them.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take thus good advice. The shirt that I had on with the jeans was an old shirt that I bought when I was a tad thinner. If I remember right that was a mens jacket not sure though? As far as my legs thanks I try too take care of what I think is my best feature. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I know it has been awhile since I have posted something in here trying to figure out what to wear with my foini pumps! Well I think I have gotten it figured out. The last time I wore these pumps out and about was when I went to see my counslar. I wore them with a pair of black men's dress pant's, black trouser socks, and a men's dress shirt. Well today I figured I needed to add a new pair of dress pant's since the other one's I wore last time where just a tad to small. I went to my local thrift store and could not find any men's dress pant's that would look right with those shoe's. The last pair I had look great with the shoe's cause of the way the fabric is, the fabric on my mens pants I wore the last time was light and had a little bit of a shine to them. Anyway I went to the women's side and found a pair of pants that I thought would look great. These pants have just about the same feel and texture to them and when you look at them it's hard to tell there are women's except for the fact that the zipper and the button are different. While I was in that section I found a nice dress skirt that I thought would go great with those shoe's. The only other thing I needed was a few men's dress shirt's with some color to them. I hate looking for men's clothing cause most of it is life less and has no color and what not. Anyway I bought 3 new dress shirts, a light purple, a olive green, and a silverish grey. When I got home I figured I would take a few picture's and put them on here and let everyone tell me what they think I should wear for my next visit. I do not have a picture of the other 2 shirt's since my battery was going dead on my camera. Anyway the first out fit is the women's dress pant's with the light purple shirt, the foini pumps, and suntan hose, and the last set of picture's is the same light purple shirt, with the black dress skirt and suntan hose. I would like everyone to let me know what they think, and if there is any addition's or change's that they would make. Thanks for all your input! The first two pictures are of me standing and sitting in the pants with the purple shirt, with the foini pumps and suntan hose. The second two picture's are of me standing and sitting in the skirt with the same shirt and hose.

post-18403-133522927549_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522927562_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522927572_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522927581_thumb.jpg